Paolo De Ceglie (5 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We will see that idiot Molinaro, don't worry about that.

DC is obviously 1000 times the talent, but probably will be overlooked again at LB. Hopefully I'm wrong.

But WTF was up with everyone blasting this guy and saying we should send him on loan or co-own him? DC is still young and OBVIOUSLY has talent... why would you want to get rid of him this soon? Ridiculous...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Prolly you are wrong :D I think Ciro doesnt have a little preference to Molinaro, as Ranieri did, plus this winger less formation suits De Ceglie better as an LB, more area to bomb forward in.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Prolly you are wrong :D I think Ciro doesnt have a little preference to Molinaro, as Ranieri did, plus this winger less formation suits De Ceglie better as an LB, more area to bomb forward in.
Exactly, in a 4-3-1-2 the fullbacks shouldn't just be defensively good but also really good at attacking.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Yes he did Luke. and he impressed. Ever since we change our formation to a 3 man midfield, I had a feeling that maybe Ciro will opt to play DC in the left CM position. DC has been recently playing in that position for the U21 team and has been impressing before he got his injury. So that's a huge boost for our Midfield. so if leftback doesn't cut it for him, than hopefully that left CM position will help him flourish his potential. :tup:

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
So if Ferrara see DC as LM, than Moli will be our only LB we have. with Sali the versatile for all position on the wing. Wow, we really need a LB

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
De Ceglie is not good enough to be a CM. I saw Italy's games in U-21 championships here in Sweden and De Ceglie wasn't good enough. The only thing he did was chasing the opponents without creating or doing anything special. This guy could become a great fullback and with Molinaro as our first choice I really hope Ciro considers him as a LB. And another good thing is that he has amazing crosses that I think Amauri would love to head in.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Paolo was originally a LM/LW but then transfered in Juventus to LB. In U21 tournament he played as LM. I even think his number was 11.
He is no LB. Still he is more of an LB than Molinaro will ever be.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Napoli back in for De Ceglie

Ambitious Napoli have still not given up hope of signing Juventus defender Paolo De Ceglie.

The Azzurri have spent the last few months looking for a new left-back and did fail in an earlier attempt this summer to land the former Under-21 international.

However, stories emanating from the port city are claiming that Pierpaolo Marino is still in the hunt for the ex-Siena man.

Marino, one of the country’s top sporting directors, is understood to be preparing another bid for the adventurous full-back.

However, Juventus are only likely to sell should they sign a left-back of their own before the window shuts at the end of this month.

Lyon’s Fabio Grosso was strongly associated before Juventus insisted that their spending had ended with the loan arrival of Martin Caceres from Barcelona.

De Ceglie started in last night’s San Siro showdown against Milan, but was replaced at half-time by Cristian Molinaro.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
What position did he play against Milan in Berslu cup? LB or LM? Did he have good performance?
Played as LB. Decent performance, nothing spectacular but got substituted by Molinaro at half time whose performance ain't aspiring either. The 4-3-1-2 really exposed Moli's limitations at contributing at the offensive end.

Zebina, on the other hand was good at the right when he came on.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
If we are no longer opening up the wallet why are there rumours of a DC move when we have hardly any cover for the LB position?

Especially as Juve get new injuries weekly. (not a knock, we used to get injuries daily last season)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
If we are no longer opening up the wallet why are there rumours of a DC move when we have hardly any cover for the LB position?

Especially as Juve get new injuries weekly. (not a knock, we used to get injuries daily last season)
They are just rumors. De Ceglie won't be leaving Juve this summer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)