Paolo De Ceglie (65 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Molinaro is injured and he might be until the start of the season. That might mean that he won't be even able to pass a medical and since not many teams would want him anyway, selling De Ceglie was the only chance to improve the LB position (after we didn't call Criscito back).

If De Ceglie stays, and since Moli stays 99,99%, i'm not sure that we'll buy a new LB.
That's why i wanted us to sell De Ceglie. He's very bad in defense and average at most in attack. He's even less useful than Molinaro.

:wallbang:
It may be a long shot but it could also mean Ferrara sees De Ceglie as a midfielder, although I'm not quite sure how that would work out in a 3 man midfield.
If this were the case, another LB could still be arriving.

Right now, as an LB De Ceglie isn't even half as useful as Molinaro, you're definitely right about that.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Molinaro is injured and he might be until the start of the season. That might mean that he won't be even able to pass a medical and since not many teams would want him anyway, selling De Ceglie was the only chance to improve the LB position (after we didn't call Criscito back).

If De Ceglie stays, and since Moli stays 99,99%, i'm not sure that we'll buy a new LB.
That's why i wanted us to sell De Ceglie. He's very bad in defense and average at most in attack. He's even less useful than Molinaro.

:wallbang:
I would take the punt on De Ceglie over Moli. He might be bad at defense right now but I dont agree with your assessment of his offensive game which miles better than Moli.

De Ceglie has the potential and he has not played much in the first team, I believe he has what it takes to be a good full back or at least much better than Moli. Dont get me wrong I admire the guy for trying day after day and giving his all but his progress has been very limited ( although he was better last year than the year before and even that is not saying much) and its hurting the team.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
It may be a long shot but it could also mean Ferrara sees De Ceglie as a midfielder, although I'm not quite sure how that would work out in a 3 man midfield.
If this were the case, another LB could still be arriving.

Right now, as an LB De Ceglie isn't even half as useful as Molinaro, you're definitely right about that.
De Ceglie has played several times in a three man midfield for Azurrini. i think he definetly is more suited for 3 man midfield than being a winger in 4.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
De Ceglie happy in Turin

Paolo De Ceglie will be a key figure for Juventus next season and the defender, who was close to joining Napoli, has been confirmed by Ciro Ferrara himself.

The youngster will cover the left-back spot, competing for a shirt with Christian Molinaro. He is now looking forward to starting pre-season training.

We have everything to fight for – the Scudetto, the Champions League and the Coppa Italia,” claimed De Ceglie.

I don’t want to talk about negotiations. It is nice to be linked to prestigious clubs but I haven’t been contacted directly.

“I am delighted to be a Juventino and I will start the new season with great eagerness.

Regarding the new arrivals, the Italy Under-21 ace is optimistic.

With Fabio Cannavaro, Felipe Melo and Diego the club has shown a willingness to chase all their targets.

“Juve are ready to go all the way. Last year we had some problems and we needed to make up for it
.”

channel 4

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Glad that De Ceglie is probably staying, I think the fact that in the summer he proved that he can play in a midfield 3 is a big attraction for Ferrara.

Its always good to have a player who can play in a number of positions in a squad. I just hope that he can stay fit this season.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
so can you imagine DC as left central midfielder in the 4 3 1 2?
NO
we have plenty of options there
he and molinaro will be our options for the LB position
Im not saying that his automatic position would be in a midfield 3, i'm just saying that it is an attraction to have players who can perform in different positions.

Of course Molinaro and De Ceglie will be our options for LB, but this season even more than last we will be relying on centre-mids as we play 3 each game.

I remember at times last season we were struggling with injuries and suspensions forcing Salihamidzic and Nedved to play in that role at least some point and that was when we were only playing two in the middle. So having De Ceglie as a further option will be an attraction to Ciro.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
If Zebina keeps playing like he did against Sevilla and De Ceglie getting the chance to develop next season and he keeps producing his excellent crosses we can actually be pretty damn good next season. SO much better then Grygera and Molishit.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
If Zebina keeps playing like he did against Sevilla and De Ceglie getting the chance to develop next season and he keeps producing his excellent crosses we can actually be pretty damn good next season. SO much better then Grygera and Molishit.
Let alone the Caceres extra option!!

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
You could see how good this guy can become as a fullback if given the chance this season. He has a good left foot and amazing crosses. Please Ciro, play Paolo and I don't ever want to see Molinaro again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)