Paolo De Ceglie (33 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
WTF where you all Moli lovers when our defense was spread wide open
(from both the flanks and the center) and i was calling at the live threads, someone to show Moli"s "good defending"
Have you forgot what good defending really means???
Have you already forgotten how weak our defense was these years??
Have you grown accustomed to this mediocrity??
Sorry my friend, this makes no sense, especially if i compare it with what you've been saying in the past.

You kept saying that our board is cheap, they don't want to spend money on defense and they're keeping Molinaro only because he gets low wages.

If they sell De Ceglie for only 4.5m eur they won't earn much money at all and they will lose a player with very low wages. They will have to buy a new LB who might coast more than 4.5m eur and who will probably earn (much) more on wages than De Ceglie.

Plus, i'd agree with you if you say that the board decides who we'll buy, but i doubt that they decide alone who we sell. The coach has a strong word here, even if the coach is just a "YES" man as you call our coaches.
Ferrara was without a doubt asked if he needs Molinaro and De Ceglie. His answer might have been NO for both of them, but selling De Ceglie means that his answer was NO at least when he was asked about De Ceglie.
Only?? DC's half costs more than Moli's 100% in the market.
The rest of the directors are not as stupid as ours, no one would ever pay more than that for Moli. But they can see the potential on DC.
We cannot...because those guys are totally clueless and they have proved that a dosen times with their transfers in the past and they will once again prove it if they bring Grosso or Dossena, keep Moli and offload DC and Criscito...

So it was by accident that he was our leading tackler, wasn't it? (More won tackles than fucking Momo Sissoko!!)
Or that was just another case when the stats give the wrong story and those tackles he made weren't really tackles. :confused:

Oh, and before you mention it, his ratio was also very good. 78% won tackles or something like that. He was our leading tackler (highest number of won tackles) and his ratio of won tackles was pretty solid.

We know you hate the guy and you'll try to downplay everything he does. We also know that he's as far from being a great fullback as it gets, but please try for 1 single second to be more objective when you talk about Molinaro.

He's a better defender than De Ceglie, that's a fact.
We have discussed this before, i mean the ability to perform real sliding tackles.
The ones real defenders use to intercept balls and opposition players.
Molinaro is unable to perform one! He is def not a master of those, i dont know what kind of intervention these statistics use, but they are def not the tackles real defenders use, you are very well aware that we have watched together almost 90% of the games in the live thread. And i have never seen more than 2 at max such tackles performed by Molinaro, through the entire season.

As a defender, i was taught to perform a sliding tackle and this is a certain procedure ones need to follow in order to achieve a successful and accurate one.
I remain adamant in my belief that every defender, is supposed to be a defender first and anything else comes second. But to be named a defender, a football player oughts to know how to perform a proper tackle and Molinaro doesnt!!!

Moli is only better at defending than DC, because he has increased coverage with the rest of our defense, which with the increased teamwork, as a result of being a starter for two years.
And because he is older, more confident and stronger on the one to one challenges. He cannot tackle any better than DC, he hasnt got any better positioning than DC, or tactical awareness, because his footballistic IQ is absent.

Zambro wasnt the greatest tackler either, but he had the spark and awareness DC has and by the time he has learned to used perfectly skilled tackles too.
At this age, i am confident that DC can learn the same too, in less than half the time and chances Moli had!!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
WTF where you all Moli lovers when our defense was spread wide open
(from both the flanks and the center) and i was calling at the live threads, someone to show Moli"s "good defending"
Have you forgot what good defending really means???
Have you already forgotten how weak our defense was these years??
Have you grown accustomed to this mediocrity??

Only?? DC's half costs more than Moli's 100% in the market.
The rest of the directors are not as stupid as ours, no one would ever pay more than that for Moli. But they can see the potential on DC.
We cannot...because those guys are totally clueless and they have proved that a dosen times with their transfers in the past and they will once again prove it if they bring Grosso or Dossena, keep Moli and offload DC and Criscito...

We have discussed this before, i mean the ability to perform real sliding tackles.
The ones real defenders use to intercept balls and opposition players.
Molinaro is unable to perform one! He is def not a master of those, i dont know what kind of intervention these statistics use, but they are def not the tackles real defenders use, you are very well aware that we have watched together almost 90% of the games in the live thread. And i have never seen more than 2 at max such tackles performed by Molinaro, through the entire season.

As a defender, i was taught to perform a sliding tackle and this is a certain procedure ones need to follow in order to achieve a successful and accurate one.
I remain adamant in my belief that every defender, is supposed to be a defender first and anything else comes second. But to be named a defender, a football player oughts to know how to perform a proper tackle and Molinaro doesnt!!!

Moli is only better at defending than DC, because he has increased coverage with the rest of our defense, which with the increased teamwork, as a result of being a starter for two years.
And because he is older, more confident and stronger on the one to one challenges. He cannot tackle any better than DC, he hasnt got any better positioning than DC, or tactical awareness, because his footballistic IQ is absent.

Zambro wasnt the greatest tackler either, but he had the spark and awareness DC has and by the time he has learned to used perfectly skilled tackles too.
At this age, i am confident that DC can learn the same too, in less than half the time and chances Moli had!!
DC was not the most aware at times. I remember people saying when he was LB that he needs to work on his defensive awareness. Quick yes, but DC was caught out of position plenty of times in his few games played.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
It was some 2-3 Molinaro lovers, you can find right here, defending Molinaro, they were saying that, even before DC had the chance to play.
When DC actually showed what he is capable of, they disappeared...

Moli was also caught out of position, far more many times than DC, but CR kept using him...and they totally ignored that fact!!

DC has better tactical awareness to be at the right place and time than Moli.
If Moli has managed to improve that effectiveness only by the increase of his teamwork.
Imagine what a talented player like DC, could achieve with the same amount of teamwork!!!

And i remember when they accused him for not being there.
It was when DC tried to help our CBs and came closer to the center of our defense where they were supposed to be!! Not him, but the haters used that as an excuse to bash him...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Good defending from a fullback is on one-on-one situations, keeping along the defensive line and covering for the centre backs. He was certainly decent at the first, very good at the latter but like our entire defence last season, not always switched on on the offside line.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Moli has not any better defender characteristics, he just blended better in our defense, due to the extensive playing time he had (two season)
If you can remember at the first season, he was extremely bad as a defender too and he still had some very bad days there.
He cant tackle like Criscito and his tactical awareness is lesser than DC's.

I am confident that if DC is given 2-3 consistent months, as a starter, he will reach the defensive effectiveness of Molinaro!! Because his actually has a footbalistic talent and can build from there, unlike Moli...

We should do that this season and we should know by now if DC is good enough for a team like Juve or not. IMO, right now we cannot tell that.
It is normal for a player who is called once/month, not to fit in like a player who is playing for two seasons. And it is normal for a player who has the ability to come forward, to be accused of letting spaces in the back.
But DC, apart from the time that he didnt forbid to score while being in the proximity of a forward, right in front of the PK dot, where our CBs should have been. Has never done a fatal "mistake" either! He has been accused for mistakes he didnt make and also held responsible for the limited time CR didnt give him.
Like he ever had fair chances to prove him self and get the opportunities Moli had...
In the mean time, when was the last time that Molinaro prevented a goal from happening?? I remind you here that most of the goals we conceded came from our left flanks passes/crosses/penetration.
Where was Moli then?? Moli has synced his runs with the team this year and he was running down the flanks as we attacked
(last year he did quite the opposite, he was attacking when we defending and defending when we were attacking) thats one of the reasons of his "improvement". But by doing that, we were still vulnerable in counterattacks.

I believe that the defensive solidarity that Moli supposedly offers is just an illusion.
Created by our familiarity with him!
In, general I agree with you, Chris. Claudio, Paolo and Seba never really got a fair crack of the whip. Claudio only got a chance at the end of a straight run because of injuries. These players needed a chance at playing at least a couple of months to help consolidate them into the team. Are they going to shove Paolo, Claudio and/or Seba into a co-ownership to sneakily offload themat a later date?

These young players HAVE got talent and Juve should incorporate their talents into the team, not buy rubbishy old has beans like Grosso (we don;t want Dossena either)! :andy2:

are u ppl forgetting that yjre reason we cannot sell moli is because he is injured and would not pass the medical!!
Looking at it fromthe point of view from another team's manager, I wouldn't buy Moli, fit or not!

Clever Moli he did that on porpuse :) :D:D:D:D
:lol: He probably did at that!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It was some 2-3 Molinaro lovers, you can find right here, defending Molinaro, they were saying that, even before DC had the chance to play.

Moli was also caught out of position, far more many times than DC, but CR kept using him...and they totally ignored that fact!!
If we are to buy a starting LB (I think it will be Grosso), is it not better to keep Molinaro as the back up and let De Ceglie go to Napoli to play regularly and develop instead of sitting on our bench?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

DC has better tactical awareness to be at the right place and time than Moli.
If Moli has managed to improve that effectiveness only by the increase of his teamwork.
Imagine what a talented player like DC, could achieve with the same amount of teamwork!!!

And i remember when they accused him for not being there.
It was when DC tried to help our CBs and came closer to the center of our defense where they were supposed to be!! Not him, but the haters used that as an excuse to bash him...
When did DC show what he was capable of? A couple good crosses? All Molinaro needs to do to be a pretty good LB is work on his crossing. Surely, even you Cron, if Moli started serving in crosses that resulted in goals he would be a much effective defender.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If we are to buy a starting LB (I think it will be Grosso), is it not better to keep Molinaro as the back up and let De Ceglie go to Napoli to play regularly and develop instead of sitting on our bench?
God, I love you sometimes Red:tup:

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i have the counter-evidence that molinaro is techincally better then de ceglie, cronios :D

now counter that !

i am to lazy now, but there were games that de ceglie ran like a chicken with its head cut off in our defense letting a winger pass by into our penalty box without actually doing anything against it (not even trying to).

the fact that you do not see molinaro slide very often is probably down to his imense speed. you should now that you do only slide when this is the only way to get the ball that is to far away to get while standing. since molinaro is pretty fast he can get his body between the ball and the attacker without actually having to slide ... but i guess this bashing will never stop here

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Who is more desirable and has a high transfer value, Molinaro or De Ceglie?
DC I think but think of how much better DC will be playing regularly for Napoli. I think in the long term (providing we get them back)...letting Criscito and DC play regularly will help them improve drastically. I am not the one to go for loans/co-owns as I would much rather be the team that is developing them, I find it hard to trust another team and coach are the ones to develop our players.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I believe that our system and our ability to chance through two available formations. Would really put in use two different profile of fullbacks.
One that would support upfront and make some useful contributions offensively, offering some extra wideness to our 3 man midfield line. I believe that DC is perfect for that, Dossena can do that too, i guess...
And one that would by dynamic and defensive proof, shutting down the whole wing and helping our slow CBs. This second role can be performed by Molinaro, but i would prefer Criscito for that. I see no reason to select Grosso, but if it happens,
i would like to keep an option of the first, offensive mind fullbacks too.
So that the tactical choices are still open and we wont be one dimensional.

I would like to see a non Italian, real upgrade for that position. But since this is not an option since our board prefers cheap Italians. I would rather see our two very promising fullbacks given a chance. Lets give Moli to Genoa, keep Criscito and DC, try them out properly, not like CR did and if one of them proven not good enough, lets permanently replace him next year.

Grosso and Moli, while we lose Criscito and DC for me is the worst possible scenario. Grosso is too old and Moli too limited. They are just a waste of time
and not a real quality upgrade to our alternative (Criscito+DC), an alternative we can savor for free!!

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Sounds very sensible on paper, Red, But I get the feeling that we may pay for it in more ways than one. Didn't young Palladino score for Genoa against us last season?? We are giving away our youngsters to our rivals and that's ;like cutting off our noses to spite our faces. It's wasting our young talent. Juve has more than enough older players. We need youth in the team! :frown:

When did DC show what he was capable of? A couple good crosses? All Molinaro needs to do to be a pretty good LB is work on his crossing. Surely, even you Cron, if Moli started serving in crosses that resulted in goals he would be a much effective defender.
I thought he played well last night. The guy that spoilt everything was Ballotelli (Has no-one told him that football is a team game?). Our Juventini played well!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Sounds very sensible on paper, Red, But I get the feeling that we may pay for it in more ways than one. Didn't young Palladino score for Genoa against us last season?? We are giving away our youngsters to our rivals and that's ;like cutting off our noses to spite our faces. It's wasting our young talent. Juve has more than enough older players. We need youth in the team! :frown:

I thought he played well last night. The guy that spoilt everything was Ballotelli (Has no-one told him that football is a team game?). Our Juventini played well!
He played as an AML though, not a LB. Criscito was at LB:(

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
i have the counter-evidence that molinaro is techincally better then de ceglie, cronios :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXP0nE7GfFs

now counter that !

i am to lazy now, but there were games that de ceglie ran like a chicken with its head cut off in our defense letting a winger pass by into our penalty box without actually doing anything against it (not even trying to).

the fact that you do not see molinaro slide very often is probably down to his imense speed. you should now that you do only slide when this is the only way to get the ball that is to far away to get while standing. since molinaro is pretty fast he can get his body between the ball and the attacker without actually having to slide ... but i guess this bashing will never stop here
That was funny, i give you that:beer:

And i agree about the speed point too, the basic reasons that the fullbacks dont quite try it. But do remember Zambro running with all his speed, leaping and performing a perfect sliding tackle, right on the line of our box, dipossesing players, they didnt even know he was there.
Those were the days:touched:

I am not expecting the same level of perfection from our fullbacks, but i would be pleased to see them doing a decent job somewhere.
I would be pleased to see Moli doing what you described in a regular basis.
He has indeed offered this type of coverage this year and thats why i stopped bashing him. My bashing has moved towards to Marchionni primarily to Grygera.
But despite them being our starters, practically.
On theory, they were just subs to Camo and Zebi and i see them as lesser threats to our cause. Moli on the other hands, has actively destroyed the carrier of DC, Balza and probably Criscito's too. He is clear and present danger to our cause!
So, is DC deal official?
Hopefully not!! Although the money is good,
if it is indeed 5-6 mil for 50%

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
You can't not sell players just because they may score against you.

Palladino isn't good enough and isn't likely to become good enough to play for Juve, so we might as well cash in on him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)