Pablo Daniel Osvaldo (3 Viewers)

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Well he was on 3 million Euro a year at Southampton and I have read he will cut it to 1.1 million Euro a year to come to Juve. So if he signs a 4 year contract in the summer at 1.1 Million Euro that will only be 4.4 Million Euro wages which helps accommodate the 19 Million Euro transfer fee (23.4 million total on 4 year deal). As oppose to say a 4 year contract at 3 Million Euro (current wages) with would be 12 Million Euro in wages plus a 12 million Transfer fee (24 Million).

So essentially this is a better deal for Juve to sign him for a high transfer fee and low wages. Realistically we could never get a striker as good as Osvaldo attached to a long term contract for a transfer as low as 12 million.. he would for sure cost more.

I think this is the reason we could sign him long term. Southampton don't lose anything on Osvaldo. The player ends up taking a great deal of the financial hit in coming here. We need to take his low wages into account in addition to his transfer fee. This way its not a bad deal at all for us.
Wait a minute, you really are hoping that he will sign a permanent deal with us on less than half the wages he's receiving now?!! Who in his right mind would do such a thing?
I don't think our sh!ttiest players on a 1mil a year deal, let alone Osmotherfvckinvaldo.
We were signing Guarin and were about to give him a pay raise even though he most certainly was going to be a 3rd choice mid for us.

JuveSardu

Nov 27, 2013
Anyone know if Camoranesi and Osvaldo have blood lineage to Italy or were they able to get their citizenship by living in Italy for x amount of years?
Both have blood lineage, osvaldos grandparents are from Italy and I think canmronesi's great grandparents are from Italy

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
U people are a bunch of mental midgets

You really think Beppe wants to pay 18M for Osvaldo? This was just a market opportunity. Unless Osvaldo outperforms himself and scores 10 goals in the remaining season we won't sign him permanently.

JuveSardu

Nov 27, 2013
Really last player we needed especially when Quag and vuci would stay, yet we have 6 strikers and no wingers, Anelka, bendter, Borriello, now fucking osvaldo, no wonder why we can't be good in Europe, Quags and vuci are more then good enough to rotate with llorente tevez, now we got this hot headed pussy who offers nothing besides locker room trouble
If we seriously buy him at the end, I will have no hope left for this club

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

You really think Beppe wants to pay 18M for Osvaldo? This was just a market opportunity. Unless Osvaldo outperforms himself and scores 10 goals in the remaining season we won't sign him permanently.
Nah you bet we will even if he does fairly average.That is why part of me hopes he flops/doesnt play too many games which might not make us take up the option because if we do, i cant see the price being reduced down to under 15m.Realistically,i cant.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

mate, he paid 18 million for an Isla that had a broken foot

- - - Updated - - -

mate, he paid 18 million for an Isla that had a broken foot

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Can someone provide me with the bench options we should be going for at forward, instead of Osvaldo? Quags and Vuci are on the wrong side of 30 and in decline, I'm hoping we can get rid of one, if not both. Young unproven forwards don't count. We can't have more than 1-2 in a group of 5 forwards as with young players there is a much better chance they never pan out. We know that Osvaldo isn't a world beater, but a very good sub he is for any team aside from Barca, Madrid, and the oil clubs. In the 14-18 million price range which is probably the price we'll pay if we choose to sign him in the summer, there aren't really any established forwards better than Osvaldo, unless we're hoping for great luck with another bosman showing up, or a Tevez situation (wantaway, almost 30, etc). Ideally I'd like to be paying 12 mil for Osvaldo, but with teams like ManCity paying 20-30 million for bench forwards, it's not going to happen. Osvaldo for around 15 mil is a great backup for Llorente. We're not going to bring in a 40 mil striker, and we can't bring three 19-21 olds into our forward line. Ideally, if we get Osvaldo for 15 mil in the summer, and bring back Berardi, and perhaps one of the others, we'd have Llorente, Tevez, Osvaldo, Berardi, +1. That's one of the better forward lines in Europe if Berardi pans out.

Mar 30, 2006
There is too much stigma with the age 30 in football. Vucinic only turned 30 a few months back and is being considered old? 30 was old for a footballer many years ago but not any more i feel. Pirlo was 32 when he came here and look at how good he still is.

Mirko still have a lot to give either to Juve or to another club. For the fee he is a great player to get when you consider the preposterous cost of forward players these days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)