Pablo Daniel Osvaldo (7 Viewers)

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,803
    Always say Juve would never sign Balotelli, but why then Osvaldo?
    lol not sure if serious.

Osvaldo is not a troublemaker like Balo. There's actually no players like Balo... he's way worse than Cassano in the past too.

Plus he's way cheaper and willing to warm the bench -- which is the point of this move I guess.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    lol not sure if serious.

Osvaldo is not a troublemaker like Balo. There's actually no players like Balo... he's way worse than Cassano in the past too.

Plus he's way cheaper and willing to warm the bench -- which is the point of this move I guess.
    Osvaldo is also not nearly as talented as Balotelli. Basically, he'd be yet another substandard player with no real prospect of ever becoming Juventus material.

Balotelli is talented as fuck, but has character issues. Juventus are pretty damn good at dealing with that. Also, Balotelli is a very very cool guy. Osvaldo is a boring asshole.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    It seems Osvaldo makes trouble when there are assholes to make trouble with like Icardi. But at Juve there are no assholes so he behaves.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,811
    Osvaldo is also not nearly as talented as Balotelli. Basically, he'd be yet another substandard player with no real prospect of ever becoming Juventus material.
    I agree 100% but right now what we need is basically a sub for our sub (Morata).

Balotelli is talented as fuck
    I don't actually agree with this. Personally I think he's way too overhyped and he doesn't posses that talent everyone talks about imo. I've rarely seen him impress me on the pitch. Everyone says he's kinda fast and has great technique but I've never seen him get past a defender. Or just rarely. Bar those penalties he was kinda shit at Milan and even their fans wanted him out. And at Liverpool he's just horrible. Everybody talks about his issues, which he has, but I really fail to see that huge talent. I saw that in Cassano but I fail to see that in Mario.

Juventus are pretty damn good at dealing with that.
    When did we ever have such players?

I don't think ever existed a player like Balo and who does that shit. Just google his weird stuff and it's a long list. I actually believe he's partly retarded.

Also, Balotelli is a very very cool guy. Osvaldo is a boring asshole.
    I agree.

He is cool but he's way too idiotic to be a professional football player. He needs a mental institution to help him.

He failed (mentally) at so many clubs... it's incredible. He's not going to change and everybody knows he's a hotheaded guy so when he fucks up in the next club there's no point to blame Balotelli but the ones that bought him, because they will surely be morons.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Balotelli is talented as $#@!, but has character issues. Juventus are pretty damn good at dealing with that. Also, Balotelli is a very very cool guy. Osvaldo is a boring asshole.
    I dont think he is even that good. Apart from a couple games and goals... he has been not up to standards.
    Also, Balotelli is a very very cool guy. Osvaldo is a boring asshole.
    Balotelli is mentally unstable man..he is not a proffessional, and no... theres now ay we will lose time dealing with this insano.
    When did we ever have such players?
    Exactly. He is beyond repair.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    Balotelli's not some sort of genius with the ball. The intrigue with him was always the fact that he could play as a true #9 target man but he still had great skill on the ball. He could win physical battles and still have enough skill to take free kicks, for example. He was something of a modern CF when there weren't that many around. Nowadays, it's changing a bit and there are more #9 target men who can play with the ball.

When he first hit the scene with Inter it was like, "Whoa check out this big striker they got. He is big, fast and strong but watch him take these free kicks too! Now watch these fancy flicks, he can do it all!"

But in reality his production has never been there. I would say he has some talent but he is not super talented. He just had a lot of tools that were intriguing. It was like a rare combination of physical traits and some skill that provided that allure. I wouldn't say he does any one thing exceptionally well but he had no real weaknesses except for work rate.

You couldn't say, "Oh he's just some big oaf who can't pass or can't run." He could and maybe he still can do everything reasonably well. He can run, pass, shoot, hold up the ball, win headers, etc. It's just he doesn't do anything remarkably well where you know for sure how to use him best.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    It's true, you can't really say he excels at anything, except perhaps striking the ball really well. He is rounded but doesn't have something really special, even though he is quite unique. However, if he had mental strength greater than a lemming maybe he could have made a strong career for himself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)