Our next president? (2 Viewers)

fender06

Sep 16, 2006
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=149691

Exclusive TuttoJuve: Lapo Elkann for the Presidency
06.05.2009 20.36 by Redazione TMW read 3322 times Article
Source: TUTTOJUVE.COM
Blatant indiscretion on the future of Juventus. Giovanni Cobolli Gigli at the end of the season will leave the presidency with a mega buonuscita of 2 million. The most prestigious chair of the club could move to Lapo Elkann. Must still use the conditional, but the choice now seems to fall on that Lapo had already given consent to this new adventure.

Who's Lapo Elkann

Son of Margherita Agnelli and journalist Alain Elkann, brother of John Elkann, the current vice-chairman of the Fiat group, and Geneva Elkann and beloved grandson of Gianni Agnelli [1], Lapo Elkann was born in New York in 1977. He lived in Brazil, studied in Paris and graduated to the European Business School in London. Before becoming head of Fiat Brand Promotion has experience in Piaggio, Salomon Smith Barney, Danone, Maserati and Ferrari. In 2001 he was personal assistant to Henry Kissinger. Fiat entered into Lapo Elkann was credited for having revived the image of the group when its contribution was limited to different types of gadgets, first of all the sweaters with the brand of vintage car. It was also given a significant role in the launch of the Fiat Grande Punto and the design of the new Fiat 500.

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Many people have their doubts about John, Lapo on the other hand is not even on the menu.

How about Bettega ?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
"Lapo Elkann survived a nearly fatal drug overdose that put him in a coma on October 10, 2005 in Turin, Italy, while in the company of a group of older transsexuals. Some media outlets speculated that the cocaine Elkann used that night may have been of lower purity, or may have been laced with heroin."

Lapo, did you sniffle the penalty spot again? :howler:

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
"Lapo Elkann survived a nearly fatal drug overdose that put him in a coma on October 10, 2005 in Turin, Italy, while in the company of a group of older transsexuals. Some media outlets speculated that the cocaine Elkann used that night may have been of lower purity, or may have been laced with heroin."

Lapo, did you sniffle the penalty spot again? :howler:
Outrageous.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I like him. There is a hint of madness, intensity, fanaticism, in his eyes...I was also appalled as much as enthralled by this line:
'In 2001 he was personal assistant to Henry Kissinger.'

Which may have been translated poorly. Kissinger is a king swine of the highest order...anyone comfortable around such a heinous man, will no doubt prove ruthless as a club president.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
A bit more on the Lapo fiend..

We meet in his office in Fiat's Mirafiori building in Turin. And what an office! The walls are bright Mediterranean blue. There are model cars dangling from the ceiling, football team shirts draped over chairs and framed on walls, a Ferrari-designed surfboard propped against a wall. A pair of Michael Schumacher's race overalls is framed near his desk. A large orange Jamaican hammock swings from the ceiling. A bobsled, as used by the Jamaican national team, is parked on the floor carpet. Fiat sponsors them. Why? "They're fun," says Lapo. "They make people smile. So should Fiat cars."

There are photographs on the walls of Winston Churchill, "my all-time favorite politician," and Mao. "His color was red, just like the ultimate symbol of capitalism, Ferrari. That strikes me as interesting."

There are big photographs of New York. "I've lived in London, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, New York, and Turin. But New York is my favorite city. It has so much energy, so much toughness."

He moved back there on September 13, 2001, to work for Henry Kissinger, a friend of his grandfather's. He became Kissinger's personal assistant. "He has huge drive and knows and understands the world. He became one of my mentors. I don't have an MBA, and I didn't go to Yale. I'm not an academic person and wasn't a good student. Instead, I've been taught by some of the most inspiring people in the world."

From Kissinger, he learned to "always be informed. 'Never give in' was one of Churchill's expressions, but it was also one of Kissinger's mantras." Another Churchill exhortation--"Let us go forward together"--is framed large on Lapo's wall.

From his grandfather, of whom there are a number of photos (including one with his eldest son and intended heir, Edoardo, who committed suicide), Lapo learned "a passion for life. He taught me to grasp and grab inspiration from everyone you meet and from everything you do. He taught me to watch, to listen, to be curious. You can learn from everyone, the president or the cleaner. You need teachers in life, but they're not always school teachers or professors. You learn from ordinary people. You learn from travel, from just walking down the street."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)