Once Del Piero returns...... (1 Viewer)

the phoenix

Aug 8, 2002
Just wondering...with Di Viao, Miccolli, and Trez playing well in Del Piero absence what would Lippi do if Del Piero himself stats to play well. Will we see Lippi be tempted to try a 4-3-3 formation? My question is should we see this what players should we start to make this formation work effectively. Keep in mind lets pick the players we have in our squad this year and if it won't work just say so.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Welll.. IMO the worst that could happen.... *hope not of course* is that
-Lippi will practicallt forget divaio and miccoli in the bench...and start del piero in all the games... letting the other 2 play in the last 10 minutes of some matches. As a result, divaio and miccoli will turn mad and will ask for a team change in the end of the season.

Or

-Lippi will try to insert miccoli in the starting formation....causing a professional fight between camo and miccoli for that slot. And using divaio as a sub fo DP....playing in the last minutes of some games.

Or

-Lippi will continue with his rotation system, and will swap the attacking formation with DP, DV and Miccoli.... using DP a little more of course because he is our captain and most of the people will love to see him playing.

I really would love the last one.... using dp as a starter for most of the matches.... and subbing him for the second half with dv or miccoli... or simply subbin trez for divaio in some games... and in others Miccoli for DP. IMO this could work.

I know that DV and Miccoli doenst have problems with the rotation....as far as they keep playing ocassionally, evrything will be ok.... but i want to know if DP will accept some less minutes to give more chance to the other 2.

Im very positive about DV and Micco... imo,, they must think that in the future... when del piero will be like a Conte now... those 2 will be the pillar in the attacking line with Trez (if they are in Juventus by that time of course). They must work harder... because they are the future of the attacking front.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
It'd be so sad to see Miccoli and Di Vaio on the bench, these guys can be absolutely key players for us, and Lippi would be crazy not to use Di Vaio on his current run of form.

I've said this before, to surprisingly little outrage, but i'll say it again... i think DP will be somewhat of an annoyance to our lineup, because we're playing so well together. I hope Lippi doesn't field him when he's 70% fit just to please the fans, and he plays crap and ruins our flow of play.

On the other hand, I wish the best for him and hopefully he'll grab a hat-trick against Udinese for his birthday.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
IMO at the moment the most dangerous formation is the one with DV and Treze. But of course rotation is the best option cause you cannot forget DP who is in Juve from 10 years and Miccoli who is a hot prospect that we want to make growing and surely not to waste.
To see nedved + 3 fowards is IMO nearly impossible... so rotation is the only option to use all the fowards... the one who will be sacrified more will be maybe Miccoli, but I hope he will still have space.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I think he will slide right into the lineup, by the 2nd or 3rd game he's fit for. Then he's playing all the key games and gets subbed on 70 and misses some of the minor games.

But it's not like that should shock anyone, he's been a starter for 7-8 years running now, except a short period of a couple of month under Ancelotti when he wasn't doing too well.

And despite Di Vaio's impact of late (both Roma and Milan), I don't have enough confidence in him yet to not to choose Alex over him when it matters.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

And despite Di Vaio's impact of late (both Roma and Milan), I don't have enough confidence in him yet to not to choose Alex over him when it matters.
I know what you mean. Despite DP's performances in the CL finals I've seen :rolleyes:, in the real crunch games, I'd honestly feel better fielding DP, but in the regular Serie A games, even against say Sociedad, I'd rather start DV on his current form, even if Alex is fit.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
That's funny.. :rolleyes:

Face it, Del Piero is THE bandiera here, we're talking about Juve AND it's well known that Lippi and Del Piero work well together. You're not gonna drop a player who IS the club and who is captain in favor of Di Vaio who is talented but who is only showing good form this season and was quite a disappointment last term. That's just how it is. Would Milan drop Maldini for Laursen if the latter happened to pick up several good games while the former was out to injury? Doubtful, isn't it?

mate

Aug 28, 2002
I have grate confidence in DV. Last year he soffered the change of jersey but now he rocks...
As a prospect I prefer Miccoli, but now is DV moment and the best thing to do IMO, when ther's a lot of choices is to give the chance of who at the moment is "on fire". Maybe sometimes we could see DV + DP but I think that difficoltly Lippi will leave Treze out, cause he is the only striker we have...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think he will slide right into the lineup, by the 2nd or 3rd game he's fit for. Then he's playing all the key games and gets subbed on 70 and misses some of the minor games.

But it's not like that should shock anyone, he's been a starter for 7-8 years running now, except a short period of a couple of month under Ancelotti when he wasn't doing too well.

In contrast with you.... i have 100% faith in Di Vaio, since he arrived at Juve im always saying this.
But he is not as technical as DP... and definitely in the big matches... DP will have a hand against all the strikers in the team.

We dont lose anything playing DP... because he is a very technical player... and can assist a lot,... that imo is his best characteristic.

Well.... lets hope for the best of the group. IMO the benches must play a little more...even if DP lose some minutes.

mate

Aug 28, 2002

Face it, Del Piero is THE bandiera here, we're talking about Juve AND it's well known that Lippi and Del Piero work well together. You're not gonna drop a player who IS the club and who is captain in favor of Di Vaio who is talented but who is only showing good form this season and was quite a disappointment last term. That's just how it is. Would Milan drop Maldini for Laursen if the latter happened to pick up several good games while the former was out to injury? Doubtful, isn't it?
You cannot drop a bandiera but you cannot sacrify the team 4 just one player...
No one deserve to be drop so rotation will be the best option...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
You cannot drop a bandiera but you cannot sacrify the team 4 just one player...
No one deserve to be drop so rotation will be the best option...
I don't know how you get that reading my post but I never suggested we should put DP ahead of the team. I just gave several reasons why it makes sense to keep playing DP. It's my prediction that he will reclaim his place pretty damn quick.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
and can assist a lot,... that imo is his best characteristic.
I disagree on this...
Del Piero scores a lot but lately how many assists he did???
And IMO Treze play better with DV and also Nedved (who play good both with or wothout DP) score more when DP isn't in the team.
So I think that DP score more and 4 the moment have to be considered better than DV but with DV other player plays better.
And anycase now DV is on fire. It's his moment now!
Considering all the matches we have this is not a problem but an advantage so we can rotate players and arrive at the end of the season with nobody tired.

mate

Aug 28, 2002

I don't know how you get that reading my post but I never suggested we should put DP ahead of the team. I just gave several reasons why it makes sense to keep playing DP. It's my prediction that he will reclaim his place pretty damn quick.
So you will drop DV?
IMO he is doing so good...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Let me put it like this. When we signed Trez, that was the end for Pippo. I'm sure he could have stayed with us as a sub but a player who's been playing regularly for 5 years doesn't want to warm the bench. If a similar scenario was to play out now, it would take a player of Trez' quality - compared to that of Pippo's, to dislodge DP. And I don't think Di Vaio is that player. And that's not about playing the next few games, I mean longterm.

If it was up to me, I would give Di Vaio some time now, since he's doing well. My goal would be to get the best out of every player (at least the players I would consider for the first team) and towards that end, Di Vaio should keep playing. The reason would be that in theory, every player playing as well as possible in the given circumstances, would benefit the team the most. But I just don't see that from Lippi or any coach really. I think most coaches put consistency above all and don't risk benching their proven performers for longer periods. Otherwise Tudor would get a lot more time on the pitch.

gray

Apr 22, 2003

Maybe you're talking about overall, in the long term...

but the topic at hand is mainly what will happen in the weeks after DP returns, and IMHO it'd be silly to just throw him straight into the term, just because he's the captain and DV's form has only shown in recent weeks.

EDIT: Sorry, I just read your last post (#14)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Let me put it like this. When we signed Trez, that was the end for Pippo. I'm sure he could have stayed with us as a sub but a player who's been playing regularly for 5 years doesn't want to warm the bench. If a similar scenario was to play out now, it would take a player of Trez' quality - compared to that of Pippo's, to dislodge DP. And I don't think Di Vaio is that player. And that's not about playing the next few games, I mean longterm.

If it was up to me, I would give Di Vaio some time now, since he's doing well. My goal would be to get the best out of every player (at least the players I would consider for the first team) and towards that end, Di Vaio should keep playing. The reason would be that in theory, every player playing as well as possible in the given circumstances, would benefit the team the most. But I just don't see that from Lippi or any coach really. I think most coaches put consistency above all and don't risk benching their proven performers for longer periods. Otherwise Tudor would get a lot more time on the pitch.
Yes I agree on this :thumb:
The goal schould be to keep all the players motivated... and to take the best from all of them.
In the schort time DV surely deserve to keep playing often, cause he's on fire and we have to take his good moment, on long terms we will see...
The most important thing is not to waste anybody, also Miccoli who surely due to DP retourn ad DV grare moment will have just a small space... but he is the future so he cannot be left always on the bench or he will leave...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

well but the tudor´s case is different. IM very sure that with less injuries... he would have performed a lot... but his problems are too many injuries. Lippi would love to give him playtime... but he is forcefully always out.

What you say about the coaches and the proven performers is 100% true.... but anyways i will keep my hopes high (though i know that it will certainly not happen.... SADLY).

Ill really get mad if divaio or miccoli left the team in the end of the season.
Hey but no one said that divaio will dislodge DP now... no one will do that. We can talk about it when DP will be near his 34+ or something like that.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
well but the tudor´s case is different. IM very sure that with less injuries... he would have performed a lot... but his problems are too many injuries. Lippi would love to give him playtime... but he is forcefully always out.
No, I don't quite agree with that. Sure he's been injured a lot but when he's not he's usually on the bench and evenso he's been playing in midfield a lot.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Ill really get mad if divaio or miccoli left the team in the end of the season.
Hey but no one said that divaio will dislodge DP now... no one will do that. We can talk about it when DP will be near his 34+ or something like that.
The point is that DV isn't so young... and there is also Miccoli on who we are surely building the future.
But I think that the DP-DV problem will be just an advantage cause we will rotate them trying to take the best from both of them.

And a formation with DV-Nedved-DP behind Treze is impossible?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)