Once Del Piero returns...... (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++

It will be tough for DP to sit on the bench when he comes back. There's no way you can sit Inzaghi down after what he's done.
Lippi would do it, the guy doesn't hesitate to rest in-form players. (see Miccoli, F)

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Lippi would do it, the guy doesn't hesitate to rest in-form players. (see Miccoli, F)
No he wouldn't, Italy do not play every week like Juve do so he cannot possibly drop inform strikers, cos there is not really a next week to rectify a defeat, sometimes u wait months and by then the whole nation would be calling for your head. I do not possibly see Inzaghi and Vieri being a good partnership, no matter how they talk about their friendship its a silly combo and has never worked so 1 would have to be sacrificed, playing 2 out and out strikers hardly works
As for Juve, I see we have all ignored the claims of poor old Zalayeta, and I am all in for the rotation of strikers especially Trez, Lippi should really be looking at the possibility of playing Dp, Micolli and Dp as their off the ball movement would really drive opposition to distraction

But Dp as of now should be brought back gradually, 1 hout hear and another there and rested as well, as to just play him like that would not be only sending the wrong message to the other strikers but also would not help him recover form properly as well

Di Vaio has shown time and time again he is more effective in the striker's position than as playing on the wing so if you are gonna play him then it has to be as a striker and personally i do not see any gr8 combo with trez

But I have noticed that whenever Dp is playing Nedved seems to take a back seat, I wonder why that is but Dp should not be played becasue he has been here for 8 years or whatever he would be played because he is a wonderful talent and just gives us another dimension when he is there

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Of course he will play because his talents....

but the fact that he is in the team since 8 years or so.. and is an emblem, is crucial.

Hope that Lippi will take the right deciion.... welll

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
dont think that DP is playing just because hes been on the team for like 8 years if thats what some of you are thinking ;) Juventus doesnt work like that. If it did, Conte, Pessoto, Ferrara etc. would all still be in the starting line-up. FORZA DP!!! I have a good feeling about DP this season :D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Man... you know that there is a difference in jierarquy beetwee conte pessotto.................AND DEL PIERO.

you know what oim talking about.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Lippi should really be looking at the possibility of playing Dp, Micolli and Dp as their off the ball movement would really drive opposition to distraction
really anxious for dp's return,aren't you?;)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
personally i do not see any gr8 combo with trez
Very personaly...
Cause Juventus attakking flare haven't be so powerful like it is right now since Charles and Sivori times... And that's thanks to DV+Treze combo....

++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++just gives us another dimension when he is there
Well... Facts says that's not true...
I'm not saying that we are better without better without DP (also if is true that some players play better without) but certainly we do not soffer his absence.

We just have a lot of choises and they looks to work all out the same. Ther's no objetvive reasons to say that in this start of season we are soffering DP absence cause we never started so well in the past years.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I never said we are suffering in his absence , I just said he adds a different dimension and lets be fair the only 2 teams of not we have met so far are Milan and Roma and maybe with him we may have won both games , noone knows. Everyone goes we would have the one the final with Nedved in the side, well sorry football aint like that, as you can see we did not beat Milan on saturday , it was the same result in Cl's final so in big games you need all your big guns and thats where the difference would be made

Trez and Dv are not the reason that we have been scoring goals they are just part of it, after all Micolli and Nedved have added their input and we are now creating more so its not as if they are scoring out of nothing, they are just getting many chances

Its all good though and like you I would like to see Miccolli play more and also Maresca

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
one of our most important player is missing (Del Piero), and we'r still very good in both competitions. look at our results, they'r great.
even last year when Del Piero missed a month and a half, we had a great run in Serie A and CL. and after all that, he was our top scorer last season.
the conclusion is that we have one of the best attackers squad in europe, and we usually don't suffer too much from an absence of one of them.

Del Piero is great, and when he'll come back, he will contribute again, in his own special way. Di Vaio, Trezeguet, Miccoli and Zalayeta will all fit in too. so for now i'm not worried.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
I never said we are suffering in his absence , I just said he adds a different dimension and lets be fair the only 2 teams of not we have met so far are Milan and Roma and maybe with him we may have won both games , noone knows. Everyone goes we would have the one the final with Nedved in the side, well sorry football aint like that, as you can see we did not beat Milan on saturday , it was the same result in Cl's final so in big games you need all your big guns and thats where the difference would be made
The Nedved situation is different cause he is a more important and determinant player 4 us than Del Piero, anycase who can say if we wuold win the CL with him? Probably not eighter... but is not just an opinion that we depend on Nedved a lot and we soffer his absence while we don't even feel some others include DP absence thanks of the hight quality choices of players we have in the team. Nedved is probably the only one who is so nesseccary... with Buffon of course and lately maybe Zambrotta.

Trez and Dv are not the reason that we have been scoring goals they are just part of it, after all Micolli and Nedved have added their input and we are now creating more so its not as if they are scoring out of nothing, they are just getting many chances

Its all good though and like you I would like to see Miccolli play more and also Maresca
Of course is not just thanks of them what we did till now, all the team is doing grate! But they worked out so good...

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
The Nedved thing is more to do with how Lippi feels football should be played not that anyteam would suffer if Nedved was not playing for them, as Real Madrid, Milan and teams like that would not really miss Nedved if he was in their team and cannot play

And changing the syytem will more than makeup for Nedved's absence as then you can accomodate other players and not play 4-3-1-2 as its because Nedved sucked at left midfield is why Lippi created a position for him and we could just easily play 4-4-2

Again there is no decent backup for Buffon so yes he would be missed but i don't see how you can say Zambrotta would be missed, yes he is a terrific player but Pessotto and Birindelli can actually play left back and you don't win tournaments simple because you have a decent left back

mate

Aug 28, 2002
We don't have a decent back up also 4 Nedved.
Lippi doesn't like to be "one player depent" so I'm sure he will find a solution on how to make the team playing also without him, but last year we weare really depending on Nedved game and 4 the moment we still.
On Zambrotta I said maybe cause I know we have back ups but it have to be said that Pessotto and Biri do not have influence in the attakking part while Zambrotta was often determinant also in that and is becoming very fundamental 4 us.
Buffon is the best goalkeeper in the world, it will be impossible to find a replacement 4 him (also cause a player like 4 example Toldo will never sit all season in the bench) as Vialli said recently with Buffon is like to play in 12...

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++

Cause Juventus attakking flare haven't be so powerful like it is right now since Charles and Sivori times... And that's thanks to DV+Treze combo....
i read in the football italia magazine that it was actually dp + trez's combo that matched charles and sivori's .. :confused:

i think zambo is a great player but he wont be sorely missed. birindelli did quite a good job against barca last season, it was his cross that led to our zalayeta goal :angel:

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002

The Nedved situation is different cause he is a more important and determinant player 4 us than Del Piero, anycase who can say if we wuold win the CL with him? Probably not eighter... but is not just an opinion that we depend on Nedved a lot and we soffer his absence while we don't even feel some others include DP absence thanks of the hight quality choices of players we have in the team. Nedved is probably the only one who is so nesseccary... with Buffon of course and lately maybe Zambrotta.

I don't agree with you
It's not because Nedved plays in a position such as offensive midfielder
that he is INDISPENSABLE.
I think that in long term, DP have been the ONLY decisive player at juve...
Nedved is extremely important, but he is by no means irreplaceable or completely indispensable.Just remember how people used to emphasize Zidane's importance!

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by olkiller ] ++

I don't agree with you
Nedved is extremely important, but he is by no means irreplaceable or completely indispensable.Just remember how people used to emphasize Zidane's importance!
:eek: this is quite true

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I just said he adds a different dimension and lets be fair the only 2 teams of not we have met so far are Milan and Roma and maybe with him we may have won both games , noone knows.
Hmmm just to pick on the Milan example, if DP was in the term, that'd probably mean Di Vaio wouldn't have been playing at the time... and I hardly think DP could have scored from that chance :undecide:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by olkiller ] ++

I don't agree with you
You never know, really. I don't think it's all about position, I think it's about overall effectiveness. Del Piero has previously played in Nedved's position, behind the strikers, and I'd hardly say he was as effective or consistent as Nedved.

As for replaceability, I'm not so sure you can say DP is harder to replace than Nedved. Personally, I'd rather have DP injured and Di Vaio or Miccoli in his position, than having Nedved injured, in which case we'd be hard-pressed for a suitable alternative (sure, Maresca's looking to be a bright prospect, but he's hardly got the same experience with the team)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Hmmm just to pick on the Milan example, if DP was in the term, that'd probably mean Di Vaio wouldn't have been playing at the time... and I hardly think DP could have scored from that chance :undecide:
Yes and I suppose also he would have hit that effort onto the goal post as well and have sent that header straight to Dida 's reach
I am not sure where you are going with what you are saying but there is a vast difference to what Dp does to what Di Vaio does, one is very direct as in Dv while the other brings more elegance and unpredictability to Juve;s attack and besides Dp seems to like playing at the San Siro

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Yes and I suppose also he would have hit that effort onto the goal post as well and have sent that header straight to Dida 's reach
I am not sure where you are going with what you are saying but there is a vast difference to what Dp does to what Di Vaio does, one is very direct as in Dv while the other brings more elegance and unpredictability to Juve;s attack and besides Dp seems to like playing at the San Siro
I told ya, i'm not really going anywhere ;) I said "just to pick on the Milan example"... and that was all I had to say :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)