Old-school Football (Anything pre-2000's) (6 Viewers)

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
The best attacking partnership I seen till today is Yorke and Cole. These two were telepathic.
Anyone else in your mind close enough ?

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
DP and Trez were great and better as individuals, but Yorke and Cole have a slight edge as partners and their chemistry was oooo lala .

They are the reason of Man U treble winning squad.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
DP and Trez were great and better as individuals, but Yorke and Cole have a slight edge as partners and their chemistry was oooo lala .

They are the reason of Man U treble winning squad.
These two would be the last to whom I'd attribute United's treble. The main reasons were players like Giggs, Beckham (while he still played football and didn't shoot commercials), Scholes, Keane and SAF. And of course incredible amount of luck in the final.

DP-Trez comparing with Yorke-Cole, seriously?

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Yorke and Cole :lol2:

for $#@!s sakes.
Have you watched them in the treble season ? Let me guess, nope.

- - - Updated - - -

These two would be the last to whom I'd attribute United's treble. The main reasons were players like Giggs, Beckham (while he still played football and didn't shoot commercials), Scholes, Keane and SAF. And of course incredible amount of luck in the final.

DP-Trez comparing with Yorke-Cole, seriously?
Yorke and Cole were tearing Europe at the time as partners. I am telling their partnership , the chemistry together. Not their technical ability.
Obviously DP and Trez are better players. Yorke and Cole were made for each other.

OP
CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #140
    Wrote a short piece about Juve coming close to signing Pele in the '60s, any feedback would be appreciated :D

Would like our Brazilian residents @CrimsonianKing and @PedroFlu for their opinions on this?

http://calciocorner.blogspot.com
    Good post, as always. I talked to an old school Santos' fan who's a friend of mine and he denied the government/military intervention part though.

He says that's a myth. The reason he stayed is because he was paid a lot of money already. And he'd get a commission for every friendly they played overseas. Santos wanted him to stay and so did he.

He also mentions that even América from Mexico offered a load of money to no avail.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Pelé would have been the most expensive player then. 600 million lira was what Moratti offered. Today that will be worth € 6,9m :lol: laughable, huh? The link below though says he'd still be a record in the transfers department even to today's standard.

http://trivela.uol.com.br/quanto-pele-especulado-pelos-italianos-em-1961-custaria-hoje/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)