Oh Sh*t, Here We Go (1 Viewer)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
That's debatable, some would appreciate the fact that we weren't a part of the USSR which through my theory is the US doing :D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
My fingers need a break. Time to show my third leg I love him too.

Good talk, guys...good talk.

Off to listen to my RushLimbaugh podcast and Fox news DVR'd.

:snoop:.....

JK, don't get Mads.

:howler:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I like your theory, don't get me wrong.

Just say we weren't needed. :D
It's not really a theory, obvious key factor and motivation for the us, brits and allied forces that for them it became almost as much about racing the Soviets to liberating mainland Europe (from communism ) as it was defeating the desperate and boxed in Nazis in those last couple of years.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
My fingers need a break. Time to show my third leg I love him too.

Good talk, guys...good talk.

Off to listen to my RushLimbaugh podcast and Fox news DVR'd.

:snoop:.....

JK, don't get Mads.

:howler:
I hope your third leg is okay. :heart:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
There is a difference. If one is in military service they have no choice but to go where they are sent. Terrorists listening to Wahhabis and chanting Allah Akbar have a choice
How do you know they have a choice? most of the time they come from unpriveliged, uneducated backgrounds.

The difference is one is the aggressor, while the other is defending his country. Action, reaction, don't invade other lands, you won't get yourself blown to smithereens. Simple, and easy.

That is evil as well, I never said it was okay for them to die and Americans to live. All of this death is wrong. But killing more people is not the answer to the problem. Sorry that I'm a ridiculous liberal.

That is hateful.
You're more detached from reality than a liberal in this case, i'm sorry.

A foreign army is invading your land, what do you do? have them over for lunch?

Making the aggressor and the aggressed upon equal is your mistake here.

I just don't get it. Being a soldier if anything is a pretty noble occupation. You're serving your country, sometimes by putting your own life at risk. What the country decides to do isn't really something they have a choice over.

And that NATO example you posted was great. It's not like what they did was necessary or anything.

The Iraq was is a little different. There was no initial need to go there, I can't disagree with that. But hey, the soldiers have about as much choice about ending up there as the Iraqis do. And before you guys get started on that "America sucks" speech, every middle eastern/arab I've met here loves America. No shit. Never had anything bad to say.
They might love America as a country, as a people. Nobody loves the American government though. I work in an American university, and the Americans over here are the nicest people i know. I have no problems with Americans, or America(planning a visit there this year actually). My problem along with Nzoric and the vast majority of the worlds population is with the American government and its foreign policies.

As for being a soldier being a noble occupation, by that same logic, actually defending your own country from foreign invasion is even more noble.

"Risking their lives" If thats your criteria for an occupation being noble, then these suicide bombers who attack the US army in Iraq go even further and sacrifice their lives. So by your own logic, you should consider these suicide bombers even more noble.

So being a soldier isn't noble but strapping a bomb to ones self and killing innocents in a mosque is?
Nobody said anything about that being noble

I think a soldier serving his country to protect and keep his/ her country safe is nowhere near the same thing as a bomber killing innocents or driving a passenger plane into the twin towers.
Nobody said anything about that either. Its kind of the same thing though, both are killing innocent people in lands foreign to them. Both do not deserve any sympathy, a foreign invador and a terrorist killing innocent people in foreign lands in the name of religion.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
People stil larguing about the word noble :touched:

And you think the soldier cares if he kills innocent people and ends up calling it collateral damage? Why should so many innocent people die because they have a beef with Saddam? Why should so many people from the World Trade Center have to die because extremist are in a beef with American politics? Only difference here is that the army has a license to kill while suicide bombers don't.

Don't try to defend it by saying it wasn't intentional because if it wasn't intend to kill people then they should have made it easy on themselves and stayed at home. No countries gets bombed. There.

Look, I'm not here to justify suicide bombers. All I was trying to say is that what Kate wrote could be applied to suicide bombers too.
For that first part, ever heard of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder? I suggest you look into it.

How do you know that would still be the case? Suicide bombers are extremists, lead by religion. Do you really think they still wouldn't do shit like that even if their place hadn't been invaded? There's countries where culture begins to change. A certain few don't like that and decide to attack the country they feel is the most influential for that change.

You didn't join in on the European scene 2 years after 1937, D-Day was 6th of June, 1944

To put my argument into perspective, this is the Eastern Front in April 1944 - they've almost reached Warzaw.

Hutzilopochtli is not impressed.

How do you know they have a choice? most of the time they come from unpriveliged, uneducated backgrounds.

The difference is one is the aggressor, while the other is defending his country. Action, reaction, don't invade other lands, you won't get yourself blown to smithereens. Simple, and easy.

You're more detached from reality than a liberal in this case, i'm sorry.

A foreign army is invading your land, what do you do? have them over for lunch?

Making the aggressor and the aggressed upon equal is your mistake here.

They might love America as a country, as a people. Nobody loves the American government though. I work in an American university, and the Americans over here are the nicest people i know. I have no problems with Americans, or America(planning a visit there this year actually). My problem along with Nzoric and the vast majority of the worlds population is with the American government and its foreign policies.

As for being a soldier being a noble occupation, by that same logic, actually defending your own country from foreign invasion is even more noble.

"Risking their lives" If thats your criteria for an occupation being noble, then these suicide bombers who attack the US army in Iraq go even further and sacrifice their lives. So by your own logic, you should consider these suicide bombers even more noble.

Nobody said anything about that being noble

Nobody said anything about that either. Its kind of the same thing though, both are killing innocent people in lands foreign to them. Both do not deserve any sympathy, a foreign invador and a terrorist killing innocent people in foreign lands in the name of religion.
Action/reaction? What kind of reaction is suicide bombing? Or flying planes into buildings?

And I can't think of a government people don't speak badly of. Maybe in countries like Canada and Norway or whatever but in that case the people are the ones who need fixing. :p

Aug 1, 2003
what's the difference really if you invade a country on economical grounds or religious ones? they are one and the same under a different name. they believe there is something to fight for, and kill the innocent regardless. and I agree with the action-reaction thing. there's always the aggressor, which will result in the defender, and the cycle just continues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)