Oh Sh*t, Here We Go (4 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
12 American Warships, Including One Aircraft Carrier, And One Israeli Corvette, Cross Suez Canal On Way To Red Sea And Beyond

From ZeroHedge:

Arabic newspaper Al-Quds al-Arabi reports that 12 American warships, among which one aircraft carrier, as well as one Israeli corvette, and possibly a submarine, have crossed the Suez Canal on their way to the Red Sea.Concurrently, thousands of Egyptian soldiers were deployed along the canal to protect the ships. The passage disrupted traffic into the manmade canal for the "longest time in years." The immediate destination of the fleet is unknown. According to Global Security, two other carriers are already deployed in the region, with the CVN-73 Washington in the western Pacific as of May 26, and the CVN-69 Eisenhower supporting operation Enduring Freedom as of May 22. It is unclear at first read what the third carrier group may be, but if this news, which was also confirmed by the Jerusalem Post and Haaretz, is correct, then the Debka report about a surge in aircraft activity in the Persian Gulf is well on its way to being confirmed. There has been no update on the three Israeli nuclear-armed subs that are believed to be operating off the coast of Iran currently.

We have submitted a query to Hillary Clinton for confirmation, in advance of her meeting with Israel defense minister Ehud Barak, who flew in to the US on Saturday for meetings with the former first lady, as well as Robert Gates and Chairman of the JCS Mike Mullen. And yes, the Joint Chiefs of Staff don't really get involved in high level "diplomacy" all that often.

Update: it appears the Aircraft Carrier crossing the Suez is almost certainly CVN-75 Harry Truman, which until recently was in the Mediterranean according to Stratfor. According to Wikipedia, "the super carrier can accommodate approximately 80 aircraft." For some more curious information on the Truman, click here.
http://www.zerohedge.com/article/12...rier-and-one-israeli-corvette-cross-suez-cana

I very much hope this is a nothingburger and simply regular ship movements. If not and they do what it seems like they're doing, we are in big trouble. All of us.

Any Egyptians have confirmation of this?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    If folks are really considering going to war with Iran right now, then the conspiracy theorists are probably right. The "powers that be" are indeed trying their best to destroy the country, as that is the only explanation that makes any sense. The increase in crude prices alone, while we are in an economic depression, would be enough to cripple the nation.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    The new resolution that was passed in the secuirity council few days back certainly paved way for such speculation and here its flooding newspapers. I don't think we'll witness any sort of an attack on Iran though, not soon anyway. Iran actually looked more calm after the sanctions than it ever was during the last 10 years so I guess they'll head for a new path by which they'll slowly but surely open a new page with the west since their allies in the east presented by Russia and China looks to have bailed on them.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    Boats sail in water WEEEE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED.

If that article got the info of the Aircraft Carrier from the excellent guys and Stratfor then why not the opinion of Stratfor who are 90% on the money months before anybody else?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    You're fascinated by domesday scenarios, Andy. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you actually want WWIII to break out.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    If folks are really considering going to war with Iran right now, then the conspiracy theorists are probably right. The "powers that be" are indeed trying their best to destroy the country, as that is the only explanation that makes any sense. The increase in crude prices alone, while we are in an economic depression, would be enough to cripple the nation.
    1. The US wont be going to war with Iran at the moment

2. The US has been obsessed with Iran since the fall of the Shah, little isnt going to change that.

Naggar

Bianconero
    Sep 4, 2007
    These 12 pieces won't start a war, but it's a sign of preparations for it or most probably US and Israel sending out a message

but if US starts another war it will be a lot worse than Vietnam
    hopefully it won't become a WWIII though, personally I know our Arab leaders are too cowardly to get involved anyway so Iran will most probably be alone in this

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    Our Arab leaders hate Iran's guts and will probably fund a war against Iran just the way they did with Iraq in the first gulf war.

Naggar

Bianconero
    Sep 4, 2007
    Exactly.

there was one comment on these news saying "US would never attack Iran because they are allies against us Arabs"
    I want to see who wrote that and punch him for his below zero IQ

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #16
    You're fascinated by domesday scenarios, Andy. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you actually want WWIII to break out.
    No, I definitely don't want that to happen. It would be a death sentence to our economy and our future.

But I'm not liking these trends here. Obviously, when Israel is sending nuclear subs to the Gulf of Oman and threats against Iran are put out on a daily basis, it's not good news. The media trends are also very similar to before we went into Iraq.

1. The US wont be going to war with Iran at the moment

2. The US has been obsessed with Iran since the fall of the Shah, little isnt going to change that.
    Sure, we might not go to war with Iran right now, but Israel very well could. The rhetoric certainly suggests that, along with the article I posted in this thread.

I tend to agree with my man Gerald Celente and think that our leaders are in the early stages of leading us to war. If not against Iran, perhaps in Pakistan where the Obama administration has doubled the amount of extrajudicial killings by Predator drones. That is going to bite us in the ass in the future, with probable terror attacks being the form of revenge.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
    I tend to agree with my man Gerald Celente and think that our leaders are in the early stages of leading us to war. If not against Iran, perhaps in Pakistan where the Obama administration has doubled the amount of extrajudicial killings by Predator drones. That is going to bite us in the ass in the future, with probable terror attacks being the form of revenge.
    There's a big difference between carry out a counter-insurgency in Pakistan and going into full scale war with Iran

PERSONNEL
    Total Population: 65,875,224 [2008]
    Population Available: 39,851,026 [2008]
    Fit for Military Service: 34,344,352 [2008]
    Reaching Military Age Annually: 1,494,322 [2008]
    Active Military Personnel: 545,000 [2008]
    Active Military Reserve: 350,000 [2008]
    Active Paramilitary Units: 11,390,000 [2008]

ARMY
    Total Land-Based Weapons: 5,449
    Tanks: 1,613 [2006]
    Armored Personnel Carriers: 640 [2006]
    Towed Artillery: 2,010 [2006]
    Self-Propelled Guns: 310 [2006]
    Multiple Rocket Launch Systems: 876 [2006]
    Mortars: 5,000 [2006]
    Anti-Tank Guided Weapons: 75 [2006]
    Anti-Aircraft Weapons: 1,700 [2006]

NAVY
    Total Navy Ships: 65
    Merchant Marine Strength: 92 [2008]
    Major Ports and Harbors: 3
    Aircraft Carriers: 0 [2008]
    Destroyers: 0 [2008]
    Submarines: 3 [2006]
    Frigates: 3 [2006]
    Patrol & Coastal Craft: 140 [2006]
    Mine Warfare Craft: 5 [2006]
    Amphibious Craft: 13 [2006]

AIR FORCE

Total Aircraft: 84 [2006]
    Helicopters: 84 [2006]
    Serviceable Airports: 331 [2007]

FINANCES (USD)
    Defense Budget: $6,300,000,000 [2007]
    Foreign Exch. & Gold: $69,200,000,000 [2007]
    Purchasing Power: $762,900,000,000 [2007]

OIL
    Oil Production: 3,956,000 bbl/day [2007]
    Oil Consumption: 1,630,000 bbl/day [2006]
    Proven Oil Reserves: 136,200,000,000 bbl [2007]

LOGISTICAL
    Labor Force: 28,700,000 [2006]
    Roadways: 179,388 km
    Railways: 8,367 km

GEOGRAPHIC
    Waterways: 850 km
    Coastline: 3,180 km
    Square Land Area: 1,648,000 km

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Exactly.

there was one comment on these news saying "US would never attack Iran because they are allies against us Arabs"
    I want to see who wrote that and punch him for his below zero IQ
    I honestly expected even worse: that they thought Iranians were Arabs. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)