Oh Sh*t, Here We Go (15 Viewers)

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
Noob question:

What defines who in the middle East is an Arab and who isn't?
good luck with getting a universal answer to that one. I did a module on middle eastern history and the definitions are really difficult.

Some argue that only the states of the arabic peninsula are truely arabs but others argue that most of north africa is also arabic.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
The hotness of their girls. More hot = more Arab.
:agree: :tup:

good luck with getting a universal answer to that one. I did a module on middle eastern history and the definitions are really difficult.

Some argue that only the states of the arabic peninsula are truely arabs but others argue that most of north africa is also arabic.
That doesn't make sense, the arabs in North Africa are immigrants from the Arab peninsula, thats where all the Arabs came from of course.

I didn't know so I asked, better than just making assumptions eh?

Hot Arabs?
Lebanese and Syrian girls are one of the hottest looking girls in the planet.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Not the Syrians that live here though.
Really? Are you sure they're Syrians. Because i noticed that Mexicans for example assume all Arabs are Syrian.

Fred, would you consider folks from the Somalia, Eritrea, and Ethiopia to be Arab or of Arab descent?
I imagine the population of those countries have a small percentage of Arabs among them. So too does Tanzania(Zanzibar)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I imagine the population of those countries have a small percentage of Arabs among them. So too does Tanzania(Zanzibar)
From what I've read Arab culture has had a huge influence on the coast of East Africa.

As for Tanzania, I know a fellow that did his PHD there studying anthropology on Zanzibar. He lived there for like 10 years and loved it.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Really? Are you sure they're Syrians. Because i noticed that Mexicans for example assume all Arabs are Syrian.
Yeah, we have a sizable Syrian/ Lebanese community here. There are some really hot Lebanese, but not so much Syrians. They tend to marry within the family though, so that's one reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)