Official Zlatan Ibrahimovic Thread (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
JRulez said:
He's tore us to pieces twice at Highbury and was a constant threat and probably should have scored a couple at the Delle Alpi too imo, no doubt he's a terrific forward.
Twice in how many seasons? Twice in how many games? Apart from the latest CL exit, how did he affect our campaigns throughout the years?

In no way whatsoever!! It is silly not to sell an off-form player just because we are afraid he might be a new Henry.

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
Jeeks said:
Twice in how many seasons? Twice in how many games? Apart from the latest CL exit, how did he affect our campaigns throughout the years?

In no way whatsoever!! It is silly not to sell an off-form player just because we are afraid he might be a new Henry.
trust me, I'm not afraid Zlatan will turn into the new Henry, we both know he's crap! I would sell him in the blink of an eye.

Obviously Henry hasn't impacted on our campaigns to a measured degree, it's Capello, our lack of flair and our stubborn refusal to evolve our style of play and tactics which have damaged our performances and even our reputation in recent years in europe.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
JRulez said:
trust me, I'm not afraid Zlatan will turn into the new Henry, we both know he's crap! I would sell him in the blink of an eye.

Obviously Henry hasn't impacted on our campaigns to a measured degree, it's Capello, our lack of flair and our stubborn refusal to evolve our style of play and tactics which have damaged our performances and even our reputation in recent years in europe.
Exactly, and what if he turns into another Henry, there are tens of great players in other teams, do they have to be all in Juventus? If he turns out to be the world's best forward, let it be, at Juventus he was not delivering and I don't see him improving. His form has been deteriorating rather than improving.

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
Jeeks said:
Exactly, and what if he turns into another Henry, there are tens of great players in other teams, do they have to be all in Juventus? If he turns out to be the world's best forward, let it be, at Juventus he was not delivering and I don't see him improving. His form has been deteriorating rather than improving.
I'm with you there Jeeks, his performances are disgusting, horrible and hideous, most of us know that here, his attitude and general character and lack of heart concern me too, if you ask me we should file for divorce from this chump!

maybe he will be a star elsewhere, Futsal maybe!:D

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Jeeks said:

Yeah but when you consider the benefit he actually may have brought to us.... its definetly a loss. Some people think he couldnt settle to play in serie A but I think its mainly down to not making him settle in the first place. Although not too comparable but he has played on italian turf and really made the italians look like a bunch of fools especially on our part.. Roma and Inter can bear witness upon that and some good defending a few weeks ago would have definetly made us aware of that. His a great player no matter where he plays, the youngsters need faith.. simply we never gave him any. As for zlatan he has a little too much.

Also the season we actually bought henry was one of our worst seasons when we ended up 6th in the league.. we needed to release a few players and who did we release? someone whose prolly one of our brightest attacking prospects around.. all in all.. he played 16 games most of which were as a sub, he assisted three goals and scored two. His a player who wasnt given enough chance at the club. Bottom line is I dont think you can compare henry and the zlatan case.. they are both different. Zlatan is being played in his ideal position whilst henry wasnt. He wasnt really asked what suits him but was played by example. At monaco there were certain glimpses already where when henry played up front he would cause a lot of problems however the management their decided they already have a decent forwards in the name of treze, ikpeba and sonny anderson. Zlatan has started three or four times amount of games than henry not forgetting that if minutes were compared then we are talking about upto 10 times. Zlatan has been given faith, confidence as well as a constant starting line up for us whilst henry was lucky to come off the bench. Seriously both cannot by any means be compared. Lets not forget zlatan starred for his national team as a first team starter and was already reknowned to be a "great" footballer before we bought him.. whilst henry if im right didnt even have an international appearance but was suprisingly called upto the 1998 world cup as a backup forward after winning french youth player of the year.. there are many points such as these which makes me feel both cannot be compared zlatan in my eyes should leave or to worst if he doesnt do well next season then ill make him leave one way or another... :D

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
On the same note, channel4.com wrote:

Ibra agrees Juve stay – reports
Thursday 13 April, 2006​

Juventus and Zlatan Ibrahimovic are on the verge of prolonging their relationship, according to reports in Italy.

Talks over a new contract for the striker have been taking place for most of this season, but an agreement was becoming difficult to find.

However, sources in Sweden – Zlatan’s home country – suggest that the player has signed a new three-year contract, with the option of extending for a fourth.

Although nothing has been confirmed by neither the club nor the player, whispers suggest Juventus will make an official announcement at the end of this season.

Ibrahimovic, a transfer target for Chelsea and Real Madrid, will therefore remain at the Stadio Delle Alpi until at least June 2009.

The new deal will also see the international striker net a significant pay increase, more than double what he currently earns.

The former Ajax sensation was accepting around £1.2m a term, but the new contract will see him add just under £3m a season to his bank account.

The alleged extension clearly underlines the faith that Juventus have in the striker despite his mediocre campaign.

Although even jeered by some sections of the Delle Alpi crowd after scoring just six League goals this term, Ibrahimovic seems set to be an important part of the club’s future for some time to come.

JRulez

Aug 1, 2005
yeah, moggi and co, give him a new contract, more money, more responsibilty and probably accelerate the departure of our beloved captain and best player. Fucking genius!:wallbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)