Official: Vincenzo Iaquinta to Juve (35 Viewers)

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Exactly. Thing is, I've heard Iaquinta plays a striker role but many are saying he can play as a winger also. Don't know about that but if he does, then I think we can say our attack looks very good.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
---------------Trezeguet---------------

-Del Piero --------------------Iaquinta-

-------Zanetti - Nedved- Sissoko--------

Chiellini-----CB---------CB-------Grygera?

I think we'll be playing this tactic (4-3-3) from next season onwards with DD

Palladino will replace Del. Camoranesi will leave so Marchionni will rotate with Iaquinta. And if we get Huntelaar, he'll rotate with Trezegoal.
Ale doesnt do well in that role - see WC - and midfield is way too weak...but a nice possibility

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I don't mind Iaquinta, but to be our only signing for the front line, it would be a gamble especially if Trezeguet and Bojinove leave. Also, it is reported that Zalayeta has some offers and he'll likely leave, he needs regular football. Also, I think that if we sign Iaquinta, we'll be no longer interested in Huntelaar. Hence, the real target should be Pizarro. (Del Piero - Trezeguet - Palladino - Iaquinta - Pizarro) sounds a very strong attack line to me.

Please discuss.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Most of ppl here forget that Juventus ( our vecchia signora) has a spirit. This spirit is thought to be spread to every player. No matter how he was doing for his club he 's now with juventus. When u're with juventus u can developp very fast.

I was against the buy of Iaquinta but... who knows ? Maybe DD could get the best of him by using him wisely.
We all saw how DD developed the player that he didn't need, Bojinov.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Ale doesnt do well in that role - see WC - and midfield is way too weak...but a nice possibility
Hey Ahmed, long time ;)
How is Al Ain holding up ?

Well, Del Piero and Iaquinta in my formation are supposed to be forwards rather than attacking midfielders. Del Piero always excels on the left and we've seen it many times this season. Del Piero last year played in Totti's position in the World Cup. Treqierista if I'm not mistaken. I think you meant 2002WC in which he played as proper winger in which he's supposed to come back in defend which is definitely not his role.

As for the midfield, I don't know, Zanetti is good but I wouldnt mind a better signing, Nedved is irreplacable, and Momo is a very good defensive midfielder.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

DD opted for an experienced front line since all teams played defensively against us.
Bojinov might get his chance in the next matches but I guess we can say goodbye to him.
Bojinov is dead and burried, metaphorically speaking, I'm afraid. The only thing I really hold against DD:

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
DD opted for an experienced front line since all teams played defensively against us.
Bojinov might get his chance in the next matches but I guess we can say goodbye to him.
That's a way I didn't think of it before, and it makes sense. O well...

mondo1

May 14, 2006
I don't mind Iaquinta, but to be our only signing for the front line, it would be a gamble especially if Trezeguet and Bojinove leave. Also, it is reported that Zalayeta has some offers and he'll likely leave, he needs regular football. Also, I think that if we sign Iaquinta, we'll be no longer interested in Huntelaar. Hence, the real target should be Pizarro. (Del Piero - Trezeguet - Palladino - Iaquinta - Pizarro) sounds a very strong attack line to me.

Please discuss.
i don't see a better attack in this as we got now

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
That looks very interesting Eddy. I like it.

We might also see something like this

Buffon

Grygera - Mexes - Boumsong - Chiellini

Appiah - Sissoko - Nedved

Iaquinta - Trezeguet - Del Piero
The most important is that this squad look highly possible considering others who also posted our possible squad and it was tottaly unreal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)