Official Valeri Bojinov Thread (35 Viewers)

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I doubt he'll be happy at Juve come April. He'll have absolutely no playing time other than substitute if Del Piero and Trezeguet are playing the way the do now. All of his, "I know my role, and I'll shut my hole," business is going to wear off. Bojinov knows that he can't start shit in the locker room right now because Juve is already demoralized. But around spring, when life is just peachy, he'll break it to everybody: "I want out."

I wish he had more playing time because I really think he enjoys playing in a Juventus jersey. It's hard to find a passionate footballer nowadays.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
The players seem far from demoralized if you ask me..

If Bojinov wanted to make a request for first team football he'd do it, I'm sure. The kid is patient because he knows he is at a big club and he knows how it works. He'll get plenty of chances this season and it's up to him to prove his worth. He's an eager young lad and I hope he makes it at Juve. Would be cool.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Max said:
I doubt he'll be happy at Juve come April. He'll have absolutely no playing time other than substitute if Del Piero and Trezeguet are playing the way the do now. All of his, "I know my role, and I'll shut my hole," business is going to wear off. Bojinov knows that he can't start shit in the locker room right now because Juve is already demoralized. But around spring, when life is just peachy, he'll break it to everybody: "I want out."

I wish he had more playing time because I really think he enjoys playing in a Juventus jersey. It's hard to find a passionate footballer nowadays.
good point...

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Jem83 said:
The players seem far from demoralized if you ask me..

If Bojinov wanted to make a request for first team football he'd do it, I'm sure. The kid is patient because he knows he is at a big club and he knows how it works. He'll get plenty of chances this season and it's up to him to prove his worth. He's an eager young lad and I hope he makes it at Juve. Would be cool.
You think the players are down with playing in Serie B? I think they are and they won't show it because they don't want to damage the club. They care, but they're pretty far away from being happy. Meh...

I'd really like to see Bojinov succeed as well. He's really small (like me) and he plays with so much heart. When, God forbid, Del Piero retires, Juventus will need a new poster boy, a fresh face who can emerge as a leader and lead Juventus to glory. I feel Bojinov can be the guy...but he needs a chance. I just don't see him getting a chance. That's my opinion.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Max said:
You think the players are down with playing in Serie B? I think they are and they won't show it because they don't want to damage the club. They care, but they're pretty far away from being happy. Meh...

I'd really like to see Bojinov succeed as well. He's really small (like me) and he plays with so much heart. When, God forbid, Del Piero retires, Juventus will need a new poster boy, a fresh face who can emerge as a leader and lead Juventus to glory. I feel Bojinov can be the guy...but he needs a chance. I just don't see him getting a chance. That's my opinion.
Yeah but ffs we're only 9 games into the season and with strikers like Del Piero and Trezeguet still at the club, Bojinov must be patient.

As for him not getting a chance to prove himself: he played against Crotone and did well, and he has been given the chance on several other occasions as well. Against Piacenza he didn't contribute much after coming on though, in fact; he played poorly, and against Frosinone he was very unlucky - despite being so eager and showing so much enthusiasm. He had a goal mistakingly disallowed that day and had to watch crowd-favourite Del Piero replace him and become the savior of the day.

But I'm sure Bojinov will get plenty of other chances to impress Deschamps and the fans this season. He'll come good.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Last I read, it takes only about 4 million euros to complete his transfer, as stated in the clause.

So why would we sign him completely in January? He's already playing for us, and we definately could do without a 4 mil expense. The ideal is complete his move once we confirm serie A status, thats when the money comes back, thats when we can buy.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
- vOnAm - said:
Last I read, it takes only about 4 million euros to complete his transfer, as stated in the clause.

So why would we sign him completely in January? He's already playing for us, and we definately could do without a 4 mil expense. The ideal is complete his move once we confirm serie A status, thats when the money comes back, thats when we can buy.
:agree:

anyway its his time to shine, he will get a good amount of minutes(if not the full 90) against Napoli.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
sateeh said:
:agree:

anyway its his time to shine, he will get a good amount of minutes(if not the full 90) against Napoli.
:agree: Especially as neither Trez nor Neddy are available!

Max said:

Don't worry - he'll get more of a chance with DD than he would have with crapello. Del Piero wasn't a first choice when he first moved to Juve as Roby Baggio was the "star" then. However, he did get chances, not only as baggio's replacement, but alongside him. By the time Il Codino Divino moved on, Alex had established himself as a regular.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)