Official Valeri Bojinov Thread (5 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
This guy will always remember Juve & DD as those who ceased his development...

------------------------------------------------------

Bozhinov not needed by Bulgaria

Interim Bulgaria coach Stanimir Stoilov has left Juventus striker Valeri Bozhinov out of his UEFA EURO 2008™ squad for the away and home qualifiers against Belarus next month.

As well as Bozhinov, PFC CSKA Sofia defender Valentin Iliev, FC, FK Crvena Zvezda midfielder Blagoi Georgiev and forwards Svetoslav Todorov and Zoran Janković, of Portsmouth FC and Dalian Shide respectively, are also excluded. The surprise name is 29-year-old right-back Zahari Sirakov, who won his only previous cap back in 1998. Fresh from guiding PFC Levski Sofia to the domestic title, Stoilov said: "I watched Sirakov playing for Amkar in Russia and he played very well. I am sure he will be a useful addition." Chavdar Yankov is suspended for the 2 June game in Minsk but will be eligible for the Sofia return four days later. Bulgaria are third in Group G, five points behind the Netherlands but with a game in hand.

Bulgaria squad
Goalkeepers: Georgi Petkov (PFC Levski Sofia), Dimitar Ivankov (Kayserispor).

Defenders: Radostin Kishishev (Charlton Athletic FC), Petar Zanev (PFC Litex Lovech), Zahari Sirakov (FC Amkar Perm), Alexander Tunchev (PFC CSKA Sofia), Elin Topuzakov (PFC Levski Sofia), Stanislav Angelov (PFC Levski Sofia), Igor Tomašić (PFC Levski Sofia), Lucio Wagner (PFC Levski Sofia).

Midfielders: Chavdar Yankov (Hannover 96), Stilian Petrov (Aston Villa FC), Martin Petrov (Club Atlético de Madrid), Dimitar Telikiyski (PFC Levski Sofia), Hristo Yovov (PFC Levski Sofia).

Forwards: Dimitar Berbatov (Tottenham Hotspur FC), Tsvetan Genkov (PFC Lokomotiv Sofia), Valeri Domovchiyski (PFC Levski Sofia), Vladimir Manchev (Real Valladolid).

uefa.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Yeah, there is, he spent a whole year on the bench of a second division club. We screwed him up IMO, if we had given him more chances, and we should have because Trez was underachieving for a long time, things wouldn't end up the way they did now. He'll probably end up back at Lecce or some bottom table Serie A club next season, he'll score 19 goals and go to Inter to rot away for a few years, never fulfilling his true potential.

In the name of Bojinov, I thank you DD.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
agreed Vlat, its a shame sometimes that stuff like that happen in football. But you could be wrong and someone takes a chance on him next season and he will shine and maybe do the right decisions from there on fulfill that potential.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

agreed Vlat, its a shame sometimes that stuff like that happen in football. But you could be wrong and someone takes a chance on him next season and he will shine and maybe do the right decisions from there on fulfill that potential.
I sincerely hope so because the kid really won me over with his enthusiasm when he joined us. I really felt it was like a dream come true for him.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
my condolences to bojinovs career in 2006/07, you had so much potential, enthusiasm and courage but you were taken away from us prematurely. Could have been a juventus star, will go down as a juventus casualty

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
my condolences to bojinovs career in 2006/07, you had so much potential, enthusiasm and courage but you were taken away from us prematurely. Could have been a juventus star, will go down as a juventus casualty
Mine too! Poor Valeri - I just hope we don't regret him leaving us - I suspect that we might!

Belgico

Numero Venti Due
Dec 28, 2006
I'm sorry for him
but
Maybe he was just not got enough to compete, althoug i prefer him above Zalayeta but his place was on the bench this season: i think he was the 4th after Del Piero, Trez and Palladino

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
I would really like to know the reason behind this poor treatment of him. He wasn´t impressive all the time he played but he managed to solve some games by himself with decisive goals. Maybe he is a spoiled brat in reality or maybe he didn´t show enough commitment on the trainings or maybe DD thought he is not good enough for Juventus and he is a surplus. Maybe this transfer also wasn´t approved by Deschamps because maybe Bojinov doesn´t fit Deschamps´s plans.

God knows what, but I trust DD more than Bojinov. You just can´t stand on Bojinov´s side here. Deschamps is way more important to Juventus than Bojinov. We still got promoted with Bojinov not playing, didn´t we?

I also don´t believe he is such a big talent. There is a reason why also Fiorentina and Prandelli are not too fond of him. So, that could mean he is a little bit overrated by us as both Prandelli and Deaschamps are good and intellligent coaches. Maybe we lost a big talent in Bojinov but I am moe convinced that we didn´t. So I won´t cry myself a river over Bojinov´s departure but I would be very sad if DD left.

I dont think so :disagree:
We prefer to pay 8 million and co-ownership of 1 of our players to get Iaquinta :eyebrows:
Say what you want Rami, but Iaquinta is a proven hardworking international. Quite honestly Bojinov is way beyond his level.

In terms of football skills I give Bojinov advantage, but that´s not all.......

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I would really like to know the reason behind this poor treatment of him. He wasn´t impressive all the time he played but he managed to solve some games by himself with decisive goals. Maybe he is a spoiled brat in reality or maybe he didn´t show enough commitment on the trainings or maybe DD thought he is not good enough for Juventus and he is a surplus. Maybe this transfer also wasn´t approved by Deschamps because maybe Bojinov doesn´t fit Deschamps´s plans.

God knows what, but I trust DD more than Bojinov. You just can´t stand on Bojinov´s side here. Deschamps is way more important to Juventus than Bojinov. We still got promoted with Bojinov not playing, didn´t we?

I also don´t believe he is such a big talent. There is a reason why also Fiorentina and Prandelli are not too fond of him. So, that could mean he is a little bit overrated by us as both Prandelli and Deaschamps are good and intellligent coaches. Maybe we lost a big talent in Bojinov but I am moe convinced that we didn´t. So I won´t cry myself a river over Bojinov´s departure but I would be very sad if DD left.

Say what you want Rami, but Iaquinta is a proven hardworking international. Quite honestly Bojinov is way beyond his level.

In terms of football skills I give Bojinov advantage, but that´s not all.......
I respect ur opinion Marko, but I wana say mine as well...
When coach doesn't pick a certain player in his starting 11, it doesn't mean this player isn't good!
remember how Capello treated Alex, when Ibra was playing like shit?
remember the same crapello, when he favored Delvichio over Montella?!
Besides Prandelii let Boji goes, coz he got Mutu instead and we all know that Mutu was better...
being good coach, doesn't mean u don't make mistakes...
Even Lippi did mistakes by insisting on playing Alex when he was struggling for form and left a very good Di Vaio on the bench!!!!
thats justmy 2 cents
I agree Boji wasn't influential, but that due to the lack of chances...
and as u said...I wont be sad if Boji leaves, but also if DD does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)