Official: Tiago to Juve (14 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I said in plain English, "I haven't seen much of Tiago this season".
sorry mate my bad:)

Excuse me, but your whole post reflects that you're the ignorant one around here. Is Juninho a DMF, CMF or AMF. He is a jack of all trades and a master of free kicks only. And I don't know whether you comprehend it or not, most of football players are supposed to pass and shot, and Juninho is a footballer and he isn't so special whatsoever. And Yes again Juninho's fame has been due to him being one of the best free-kick takers and then comes anything else.
A jack of all trades and a master of free kicks only???well if you insist mate....it is very obvious you've only seen him in highlights.

As for Lampard, he shares effectively in defending as well as in attacking, and his records is the EPL is the best witness. His performance was affected in the last season due to the wide defensive roles given to Essien. Lampard is far better than Tiago. Get Real.
What record mate???Lampard rarely helps out in defensive duties.

His performance was affected in the last season due to the wide defensive roles given to Essien
are you serious.if it wasnt for Essien and makelele.Fat frank wouldnt be half the player he is.Proof for that is when he plays with the English NT.he doesnt have anyone to relieve him of his defensive duties,he has to share defensive duties with Gerrard,hence his bad form with England.and i'd say his performances with Chelsea were affected by Fatigue and the fact that the new formation Mourinho uses this year obviously doesnt suit him(4-4-2 diamond).

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Have Tiago play on the right side of a three-man midfield along with a destoryer in the center and a playmaker on the other side, and you have a nice conglomeration of talent in midfield. Ranieri likes the 4-3-3 and I personally love it, so hopefully we'll use it this coming season.
Agreed thats where Tiago will excell.and thats where he plays with Lyon\played with Chelsea and he plays in a 4-5-1 with Portugal which is pretty similar,with Deco(Playmaker) on the other side and Petit(Holding Midfielder) in the center

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Walls don't have opinions, so no. While I may be opinionated, every other football fan will agree with me when I say Juninho is not only a great freekick artist, but also a wonderful passer and magician with the ball.
Who said that walls don't have opinions, Andy. I'm hearing your voice right now. And why are you commenting on Juninho, aren't you the one who said lets put it aside.

That's bullshit. Iniesta is better than Rosina and while he may not be in the same league as Veron or Totti he might be there one day. The kid is only 23 and starts for Barcelona... one of the biggest clubs in the world. How you can sit there and say he won't perform in Serie A or crack under pressure for Juve is just simply pure stupidity and bias, as Serie A is no better than La Liga at the moment. I gave you a variety of playmakers that have performed in Serie A, names from Guardiola to Rosina, and Iniesta encompasses some of those same talents and surpasses others in many. Iniesta might be small, however he makes up for it with his quickness and ball skill. Don't tell me the likes of Zola and Giovinco can't play in Serie A..
Again, not all players can succeed in Serie A, this is my opinion accept or not, this is your problem. And Inesta isn't one of the biggest talents in the world, but you're one of the people who likes Barca's football. So, please don't let your bias control your thoughts. And who said that Serie A is better that La Liga? All what I said is that Serie A DIFFERS from La Liga, a fact that is very hard for the likes of you to comprehend. I compared Inesta to Veron and Totti before and also I compared him to Rosina, do you want me to compare him to all the playmakers who played in Italy. I'm fed up with you man, you know what, you get owned exactly like Inesta who will be devastated in Italy.

Fact of the matter is, Iniesta is a great talent and would not get owned in Serie A because he's already a great player who has tactical sense and experiance at the highest levels. You're the one that stated Tiago and Iniesta would get owned in Serie A, but your opinion is just groundless, biased and frankly stupid.
Honestly, I've never known a poster who repeats himself like you, you said this many times before on the same thread about Inesta and Tiago. In my humble opinion, Inesta isn't aggressive nor tough, low stamina, not a fighter, he doesn't share well in defending, but tactically sound and he is a talent. Things which aren't enough for him to play and shine in Italy, maybe he'll do a great job, but this is my OPINION.

If you'll remember your own statements carefully, you'll remember you posted this
What are you talking about? You just quote one sentence out of a whole paragraph to prove your point. When I tell you that discussing you is pretty lame, so I'm completely right. The following words is exactly what I said, Andrew.

And if you read my previous post carefully, you'll comprehend that I didn't say that Inesta would get owned in Italy, while Veron & Totti are simply better. I stated what the points of power in the previous two players are in my previous post, simply things that Inesta lacks. So, don't try to play smartass on me, Andy
Also, aren't you the one who said this at the beginning of the discussion?
Tiago won't get "owned" in Italy.
But this before we start it, so don't act like children, I know you're bigger than that.

Don't you get it? Apparently not. Iniesta is a better player than the old and injured Pep at Brescia, but the latter still played well. This isn't meteorology here, Ahmedios. It's easy. If Pep still played well during his spell in Serie A, THE BETTER INIESTA WOULDNT GET OWNED IN ITALY. Jesus, Mary and Joseph.
You know what, I won't explain that to you again, read my previous posts if you want to benefit even a bit.

Even some Chelsea fans say that Tiago played well for them, it's just that as somebody already noted he was surplus to requirements and the kid new it. So he decided to go to Lyon where he would receive a starting role, and since then he's been a solid performer at a team you admittingly (and quite obviously) don't usually watch.

And again, you've provided no real arguments as to why Tiago would get owned in Italy and you continue spewing this Chelsea nonsense which doesn't really help your situation either when even Chelsea fans praised him. He only played one season in England with a team full of newcomers FFS. Your time is up.

But whatever dude, keep living in your little Ahmedios fairytale village where Serie A is king of the anal cannons. There is really no point in discussing football matters with someone who believes Juninho (over 50 assists in his Lyon career) is only famous for freekicks and then thinks he has the right to say that another Lyon teammate would be owned in Italy. Come back again when you watch some more football.
Who are the Chelsea fans you're talking about? I know lots of English Chelsea fans and very few of them say the same as you say. When Tiago played for Chelsea, he added nothing to the team. He isn't a defensive midfielder and he isn't the best centre midfielder. On the contrary, when you compare him to Lampard you'll realise the obvious differences. Lampard is a hard worker centre midfielder, consistent, a good passer and has a heavy leg. I'm not saying that he is tactically better than Tiago but the latter lacks the things that Lampard has which can allow him to shine in big leagues like EPL or Serie A.

But still I don't know why I'm discussing a typical stubborn like you, you add nothing to the whole argument except some bullshit like usual. And when you perceive that you've nothing to blabbing, you turn to plan B (swearing). Anyways, I've to praise you for succeeding in dragging me down to your level, this wouldn't last long anyways. Look, daft c***, if you want to discuss me again (A thing which I'm not proud of), keep your stinky gangrenous tongue inside your mouth, that's would be better for your general health as I fear you may get a hernia soon because of overreacting. UNDERSTOOD?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Mourinho didn't want to let him go. Tiago wanted to play as first choice, something that Mourinho could not do plus Tiago was used to smooth the negotiations between Lyon and Chelsea about Essien.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Old Lady target Tiago Thursday 14 June, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus are keen on securing the services of Lyon midfielder Tiago, who has admitted he would favour a move to Turin.

The Portuguese star recently admitted that his time with the French champions might be near its end and has been paired with both Milan and the Bianconeri.

“Juventus’ offer is very interesting for me, I am fascinated by the Old Lady,” stated the midfielder when questioned about Juve’s interest.

Tiago, who started his career with Sporting Braga before joining Benfica in 2002 and appearing for Chelsea in 2004-05, is highly considered by Coach Claudio Ranieri.

“He is a player that Claudio would want at all costs,” confirmed Ranieri’s assistant Christian Damiano.

Lyon President Jean-Michel Aulas has set a £14m price tag on Tiago’s head, but reports suggest he might be willing to reconsider that request if Mauro Camoranesi were to be included as part of the deal.

The winger seems close to leaving Juventus after turning down the club’s proposal of a contract extension, as the Bianconeri failed to meet his wage demands.

David Trezeguet was also paired with a swap deal including Tiago, but Aulas declared that the striker is no longer a primary target for Lyon, who had eyed the Frenchman in the past.

“We already have three top-level forwards, Karim Benzema, Fred and Milan Baros, we don’t need any more,” said the French chief, whose side won a record sixth straight League title this term.

Jun 5, 2007
Old Lady target Tiago Thursday 14 June, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus are keen on securing the services of Lyon midfielder Tiago, who has admitted he would favour a move to Turin.

The Portuguese star recently admitted that his time with the French champions might be near its end and has been paired with both Milan and the Bianconeri.

“Juventus’ offer is very interesting for me, I am fascinated by the Old Lady,” stated the midfielder when questioned about Juve’s interest.

Tiago, who started his career with Sporting Braga before joining Benfica in 2002 and appearing for Chelsea in 2004-05, is highly considered by Coach Claudio Ranieri.

“He is a player that Claudio would want at all costs,” confirmed Ranieri’s assistant Christian Damiano.

Lyon President Jean-Michel Aulas has set a £14m price tag on Tiago’s head, but reports suggest he might be willing to reconsider that request if Mauro Camoranesi were to be included as part of the deal.

The winger seems close to leaving Juventus after turning down the club’s proposal of a contract extension, as the Bianconeri failed to meet his wage demands.

David Trezeguet was also paired with a swap deal including Tiago, but Aulas declared that the striker is no longer a primary target for Lyon, who had eyed the Frenchman in the past.

“We already have three top-level forwards, Karim Benzema, Fred and Milan Baros, we don’t need any more,” said the French chief, whose side won a record sixth straight League title this term.
i would love to see tiago in black and white. but aren't we linked with Sissoko? haven heard about him for awhile.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
just to touch on the iniesta subject 1st.the kid is very talented,not sure how big and effective would be in italy cos hes a bit small,but he has good ball control,good passing,helps in defence and attack and hes very hard working
all the ingredients are there,it depends how well he can adapt

tiago can be usefull,but i think it all depends on what formation ranieri intends to field and if camo is staying or not

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
just to touch on the iniesta subject 1st.the kid is very talented,not sure how big and effective would be in italy cos hes a bit small,but he has good ball control,good passing,helps in defence and attack and hes very hard working
all the ingredients are there,it depends how well he can adapt

tiago can be usefull,but i think it all depends on what formation ranieri intends to field and if camo is staying or not

Camo will have to go for us to get Tiago. They value Tiago at 14m euros. But camo swap will cushion that amount.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
All i know is this mob of managers cant smooth over prices we are gonna get ripped of hardcore this summer cause we are desperate for players!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)