Official: Tiago to Juve (2 Viewers)

Jul 15, 2006
Tiago has been offered a new contract by Lyon, but the midfielder concedes he is tempted by a move to a bigger club.

The newly-crowned French champions are keen to hang on to their best players and are prepared to reward Tiago with an extension.

But the Portugal international admits he has visions of playing for the likes of Italian giants Juventus and Milan.

"It is true that they showed me they wanted to extend my contract before Christmas," Tiago told O Jogo.

"My agent manages all that. I am relaxed, not pressured.

"But it is true that I have other ambitions. I can see myself playing for a bigger club.

"Juventus Turin or AC Milan could be options, but the chairman (Jean-Michel Aulas) won't facilitate things."

Meanwhile, Tiago has confirmed that Lyon are keen to sign Porto duo Pepe and Ricardo Quaresma.

He added: "Lyon want to sign Pepe and Quaresma from Porto.

"But I don't know if Lyon will make efforts to recruit them or if the players will be interested in moving here."

If we get Tiago, I can see Pepe, and Quaresma joining soon after.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I haven't watched him lately. But if he is a good player, why did Mourinho leave him to join Lyon?

And please, don't answer me by saying "Chelsea is a team of world-class players only".

Inara

Dec 14, 2006
Tiago left because Michael Essien was coming in, and Mourinho couldn't guarantee a starting position. Since it was a World Cup year, Tiago went in the other direction to Lyon where he would be a starter.

It turned out to be the best possible decision because it's in Lyon where he really shined.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Not a bad player but I would rather sign Frings for CM. Would rather get Malouda or Kallstrom if we were to sign a Lyon player.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Tiago fancies Italian adventure
Tuesday 24 April, 2007

Lyon midfielder Tiago Mendes has admitted that he would favour a switch to Serie A with either Milan or Juventus.

The Portuguese ace, who has been linked with both clubs in recent times, is contracted to the French champions until 2009 but is looking for a new challenge.

“I like it in Lyon and before the Christmas break President Jean-Michel Aulas offered me a contract extension, but I have to admit I have different ambitions,” said Tiago.

“Serie A and World Cup winning football are a dream for me,” added the man who will turn 26 next week. “Milan or Juventus would be the ideal solutions for me.

“The President doesn’t want to facilitate my departure, but I trust my agent and I believe that the fact that my current deal expires in 2009 favours me.”

Tiago, who helped his club win a record sixth straight title at the weekend, started his career with Sporting Braga before joining Benfica in 2002 and winning his first cap against Scotland.

Tiago then appeared for Chelsea in 2004-05, but was transferred to Lyon just 12 months after his arrival at Stamford Bridge.

The midfielder was a leading star in the Portugal side that qualified for the 2006 World Cup Finals and is highly considered by Coach Felipe Scolari.

Channel4

Mar 30, 2006
he would not make it into the milan team. so i would think he would like to come here but he is not a great player and definatly not worth the money. he is just a good player who is surrounded by better players for his whole career. it would be a mistake to buy him.

we need to buy more decisive players

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
he would not make it into the milan team. so i would think he would like to come here but he is not a great player and definatly not worth the money. he is just a good player who is surrounded by better players for his whole career. it would be a mistake to buy him.

we need to buy more decisive players
:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)