Official: Tiago to Juve (8 Viewers)

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
I believe we are link with much average players lately.

Hope we get couples of class players at the end of season to prepare our come back at serie-A.

oriax

Mar 30, 2007
Milan And Juve In Tiago Battle?

Juventus and Milan could be ready to fight it out for Lyon midfielder Tiago, according to reports in Italy.

The Portuguese international has previously suggested that his future may not lie with the French champions.

Juve are looking to strengthen their squad after being promoted to Serie A and have reportedly approached Lyon over the player.

However, there are now claims that Milan have stepped up their interest in the last few days as they look to bring down the average age of their squad.

Lyon president Jean Michel Aulas is an expert in obtaining big transfer fees for his stars and is adamant Tiago won’t go cheap.

He apparently wants at least 18 million euros for the player who he signed from Chelsea nearly two years ago.

http://www.goal.com/

Jul 2, 2006
Milan And Juve In Tiago Battle?

Juventus and Milan could be ready to fight it out for Lyon midfielder Tiago, according to reports in Italy.

The Portuguese international has previously suggested that his future may not lie with the French champions.

Juve are looking to strengthen their squad after being promoted to Serie A and have reportedly approached Lyon over the player.

However, there are now claims that Milan have stepped up their interest in the last few days as they look to bring down the average age of their squad.

Lyon president Jean Michel Aulas is an expert in obtaining big transfer fees for his stars and is adamant Tiago won’t go cheap.

He apparently wants at least 18 million euros for the player who he signed from Chelsea nearly two years ago.

http://www.goal.com/
aulas can sit on tiago

Nov 28, 2006
he's not that expensive.
it's just that this fuckin aulas thinks he can put those price tags on players who doesnt woth half of this.
25 milion on malouda, 18 milion on tiago, 20 milion on abidal.
only stupid clubs like chelsea and real madrid will buy players from him with this kind of price.
the only player worth 20 milion or maybe more from lyon is juninho . but he's old :\

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The likes of Tiago and Inesta will get owned in Italy. I hope you watched yesterday's match between Genoa and Napoli to just realise that the newly promoted clubs have beasts in their squads.
No they won't. Tiago is an all-action midfielder who does what he needs to do... makes good passes, defends well, has good positional sense, and even chips in on goals. He's the sort of player to do the little things right and get the ball to the people who can perform magic with it, like Juninho.

I honestly don't understand why everybody overrates Serie A and states that players such as Tiago and Iniesta will blow in Italy. It just doesn't make any sense and you're lifting Serie A up to some ridiculous pedestal when in actuality La Liga and Serie A are on par with each other. If an old and injured Pep Guardiola could play well in Serie A, Iniesta most certainly can as well. He's a talent FFS.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
No they won't. Tiago is an all-action midfielder who does what he needs to do... makes good passes, defends well, has good positional sense, and even chips in on goals. He's the sort of player to do the little things right and get the ball to the people who can perform magic with it, like Juninho.

I honestly don't understand why everybody overrates Serie A and states that players such as Tiago and Iniesta will blow in Italy. It just doesn't make any sense and you're lifting Serie A up to some ridiculous pedestal when in actuality La Liga and Serie A are on par with each other. If an old and injured Pep Guardiola could play well in Serie A, Iniesta most certainly can as well. He's a talent FFS.
The most apparent features of Serie A are aggression and tactics, while one's personal skills are very significant in La Liga. Hence, I'm not over-hyping Serie A when I say that the likes of Inesta will be easily destroyed in Italy. And, how can you compare Guardiola who played for Brescia to Inesta who is supposed to play for Juventus? And even Juninho is famous only because of his free-kicks and nothing more.

As for Tiago, just give me one sane reason why Murinho sold him to Lyon, despite the latter's passing abilites and defensive endeavours. Simply because he didn't cope with the English football. So, how did you reach the conclusion that Tiago would succeed in Italy? Unless, you rate the EPL as being better than Serie A.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

I very much agree and I absolutely love to see Tiago play. He's a very stylish midfielder IMO and exactly what we need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)