Official: Tiago to Juve (26 Viewers)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Have Tiago play on the right side of a three-man midfield along with a destoryer in the center and a playmaker on the other side, and you have a nice conglomeration of talent in midfield. Ranieri likes the 4-3-3 and I personally love it, so hopefully we'll use it this coming season.
Someone said he also prefers 3-4-3. That'll be interesting to see. I just hope he doesn't experiment too much, word has it he's famous for it (I guess that's why they call him Tinkerman).

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm not going to take you seriously from now onwards, because the first sentence reflects how conceited you're.
And even Juninho is famous only because of his free-kicks and nothing more.
Look dude, state something such as that and you really lose all your credibility. Especially when the topic at hand is one of Juninho's teammates. :disagree: :tdown:

Again you're comparing great football players like Veron and Totti to Inesta. Veron is very tactically sound, very strong physique, the best passer I've ever seen, has a strong character on pitch and a true hardworker. By the way, he was the first player ever in the history of WC to be tested for Nandrolone twice after one match after cutting 24 km against England in WC98. How can you compare him to Inesta? Totti is one of the best players in the history of Italy. Actually, I won't argue about this point more because just comparing Totti to Inesta is very lame.
If you were paying attention, I wasn't comparing InIesta to those players in the personal sort of way. I was simply grouping them together as playmakers with individual talent who have all prospered in Italy, all with different yet similar traits and characteristics. But of course I can't expect you to understand that..

InIesta has great ball control, an amazing passing range and an eye for jumping into the play when necessary. The latter element takes some sort of tactical awareness, especially when the player usually plays in midfield for Rijkaard, but he also is used up top on occasion as well. The fact that InIesta can play several positions, sometimes starting as the holding midfielder behind Deco and Xavi, shows that he has a good footballing brain and therefore would be fine in Italy.

Instead of just saying he's not as good as Veron or Totti or would get owned in italy, how about you give us a real argument instead of hiding behind your lame bullshit for a change.

As for Guardiola and Inesta, I disagree. When a player represents a team like Brescia, he doesn't have to be in his top form, exactly like Guardiola who played for Berscia when he was past his prime. Whereas, when a player represents a team like Juventus, he is supposed to have something special. Certainly, different mentalities with different ambitions.
Actually, if you ever played football, you would know that it's much more difficult playing for a team with lousy players than it is for a team filled with capable ones. While you're playing for the latter your teammates will pick you up, but being the only good player out there is a struggle sometimes.

And again, your argument doesn't make sense. I compare Guardiola to InIesta and stated that Pep played well while at Brescia. You said he doesn't have to play to his utmost capacity there, but if that's the case he still played pretty well. I would like to remind you InIesta is compared to Guardiola in more ways than one by people who have watched all the matches of both players in question.

So hence my point... if an old and injured Pep played well in Italy, why can't InIesta? You won't give me a decent argument regarding that, so just give up, dude. And enough with the Barca hating, people.

And you even rate the Ligue 1 that high. I base my opinion about Tiago mainly from what I watched of him in Stamford Bridge, I don't deny it. And even when I watch him in Ligue 1, he doesn't impress me; an average player. Regarding Juninho, you're overrating him, in my opinion.
1. I rate Ligue 1 below Italy, Spain and England, where it is supposed to be.
2. So you haven't seen much of Tiago at Lyon where he has really blossomed... thank you proving my point.
3. Comments regarding Juninho - :howler: I didn't even say anything about him besides he's not just all freekicks... which is the truth. As Arif said, just stop right there, Ahmedios. It's actually starting to become embarrassing for the forum as whole.

And regarding Tiago, even Mourinho praised him while he was at Chelsea, so you're way off the mark with the kid.

Inshallah, you'll just stop discussing Juninho.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Someone said he also prefers 3-4-3. That'll be interesting to see. I just hope he doesn't experiment too much, word has it he's famous for it (I guess that's why they call him Tinkerman).
I don't know about the 3-4-3 and honestly I don't think we have the players to play it. If we had wing-backs particulary strong going forward I'd might think about it, but we honestly don't have the personel to "tinker" with that.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I am glad to hear Juve actually made an offer of Tiago but 18 mil for a player who doesnt want to be in Lyon would be stupid. For me if it is anyone from Lyon it should be Tiago.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Tiago had a good form last season, I'm not sure we really need him, he can blast shots but..well, if we get Almiron, can we actually play them together?

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Look dude, state something such as that and you really lose all your credibility. Especially when the topic at hand is one of Juninho's teammates. :disagree: :tdown:
I've already lost all credibility in your eyes ages ago, Andy. And of course you know why? For you being more opinionated than a wall, and I'm sure you perceive what I mean.

If you were paying attention, I wasn't comparing InIesta to those players in the personal sort of way. I was simply grouping them together as playmakers with individual talent who have all prospered in Italy, all with different yet similar traits and characteristics. But of course I can't expect you to understand that..

InIesta has great ball control, an amazing passing range and an eye for jumping into the play when necessary. The latter element takes some sort of tactical awareness, especially when the player usually plays in midfield for Rijkaard, but he also is used up top on occasion as well. The fact that InIesta can play several positions, sometimes starting as the holding midfielder behind Deco and Xavi, shows that he has a good footballing brain and therefore would be fine in Italy.

Instead of just saying he's not as good as Veron or Totti or would get owned in italy, how about you give us a real argument instead of hiding behind your lame bullshit for a change.
Yes, all of them prospered in Italy and to everyone of them has his own playing style and a prominent specific skill. And they're playmakers exactly as Iniesta. Yes, you haven't compared everyone singly to Inesta and this the thing that I did in case of Veron, Totti and Rosina to show the differences between them and Inesta. Hence, the differences between them and Inesta are pretty obvious now. And if you return back to the traits and characteristics, that you named and I explained, you'll find that Inesta isn't up to the previously mentioned playmakers' class. Your comparison was inaccurate and general, things which make it pretty lame and unconvincing.

And if you read my previous post carefully, you'll comprehend that I didn't say that Inesta would get owned in Italy, while Veron & Totti are simply better. I stated what the points of power in the previous two players are in my previous post, simply things that Inesta lacks. So, don't try to play smartass on me, Andy. Again, you're repeating yourself as you do in almost all your long discussions by imaging some soap opera that didn't take place except on TV. By the way, TV is sometimes so harmful.

Actually, if you ever played football, you would know that it's much more difficult playing for a team with lousy players than it is for a team filled with capable ones. While you're playing for the latter your teammates will pick you up, but being the only good player out there is a struggle sometimes.

And again, your argument doesn't make sense. I compare Guardiola to InIesta and stated that Pep played well while at Brescia. You said he doesn't have to play to his utmost capacity there, but if that's the case he still played pretty well. I would like to remind you InIesta is compared to Guardiola in more ways than one by people who have watched all the matches of both players in question.
I disagree with you in that point as I said before. Actually, you added nothing to what you said in your previous post. I agree that Guardiola played well for Brescia but he wasn't in his top form, simply because he was old and the team itself lacked ambition. And even if his teammates are lousy, he didn't have to do his best; he was playing for Berscia. If Guardiola joined an Italian big side, he might have played better, but this didn't happen. I don't know what is the problem with you, Guardiola's case isn't that complicated. One last thing, why didn't Guardiola join a big side before his retirement? I think that the answer is pretty clear.

So hence my point... if an old and injured Pep played well in Italy, why can't InIesta? You won't give me a decent argument regarding that, so just give up, dude. And enough with the Barca hating, people.
Andy, who told you that I hate Barca?

You stated before that Inesta is compared to Guardiola in more ways than one. In my opinion, they're different styles of players. And Guardiola's spell at Brescia is a different case to Inesta in Juventus, if the latter joins us.

1. I rate Ligue 1 below Italy, Spain and England, where it is supposed to be.
2. So you haven't seen much of Tiago at Lyon where he has really blossomed... thank you proving my point.
3. Comments regarding Juninho - :howler: I didn't even say anything about him besides he's not just all freekicks... which is the truth. As Arif said, just stop right there, Ahmedios. It's actually starting to become embarrassing for the forum as whole.

And regarding Tiago, even Mourinho praised him while he was at Chelsea, so you're way off the mark with the kid.

Inshallah, you'll just stop discussing Juninho.
If you rate Ligue 1 below Italy, Spain and England, do you think that any player who shines in France will do the same in Italy, England or Spain? I don't think so. Before you tell me your famous sentence "This is nonsensical", I say that the matter of discussion is Tiago who played in England and failed. And for Murinho to say that he played well, this doesn't matter. I watched Tiago in Chelsea and I have an opinion as well. And what did you expect Mourinho to say about his player? "Tiago sucks and we should get rid of him asap". Get real, man.

What is starting to become embarrassing, Andy? The main aim of a forum is discussion in a civilised way, so what is your point? Okay, it's over for me now, I said nearly all what I want to say. But, there is one thing I noticed in your whole post, those small hidden remarks are lame, and again you know what I mean, I have nothing to hide unlike you. Look, I know that you're carrying a groundless grudges months ago. So, please if you want to discuss me (And I know that you don't give a flying f***) so don't let the momentum of the past takes you that far, not for me but because it doesn't serve any discussion whatsoever. Thanks & inshallah t32el.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Dammit! I had written a hella post but my fat ass thumb pressed something on the phone and deleted it! In short Lyon rocks! Juninho is a hella mid fielder ,We need Moggi,Tiago will fit in like a glove, and fuck Secco. . Will edit when i get on me lap top

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I've already lost all credibility in your eyes ages ago, Andy. And of course you know why? For you being more opinionated than a wall, and I'm sure you perceive what I mean.
Walls don't have opinions, so no. While I may be opinionated, every other football fan will agree with me when I say Juninho is not only a great freekick artist, but also a wonderful passer and magician with the ball.

Yes, all of them prospered in Italy and to everyone of them has his own playing style and a prominent specific skill. And they're playmakers exactly as Iniesta. Yes, you haven't compared everyone singly to Inesta and this the thing that I did in case of Veron, Totti and Rosina to show the differences between them and Inesta. Hence, the differences between them and Inesta are pretty obvious now.[ And if you return back to the traits and characteristics, that you named and I explained, you'll find that Inesta isn't up to the previously mentioned playmakers' class.
That's bullshit. Iniesta is better than Rosina and while he may not be in the same league as Veron or Totti he might be there one day. The kid is only 23 and starts for Barcelona... one of the biggest clubs in the world. How you can sit there and say he won't perform in Serie A or crack under pressure for Juve is just simply pure stupidity and bias, as Serie A is no better than La Liga at the moment. I gave you a variety of playmakers that have performed in Serie A, names from Guardiola to Rosina, and Iniesta encompasses some of those same talents and surpasses others in many. Iniesta might be small, however he makes up for it with his quickness and ball skill. Don't tell me the likes of Zola and Giovinco can't play in Serie A..

Fact of the matter is, Iniesta is a great talent and would not get owned in Serie A because he's already a great player who has tactical sense and experiance at the highest levels. You're the one that stated Tiago and Iniesta would get owned in Serie A, but your opinion is just groundless, biased and frankly stupid.

Your comparison was inaccurate and general, things which make it pretty lame and unconvincing.
Again, it wasn't even a comparison. Forget football... pull out a dictionary.

And if you read my previous post carefully, you'll comprehend that I didn't say that Inesta would get owned in Italy
If you'll remember your own statements carefully, you'll remember you posted this:

The likes of Tiago and Inesta will get owned in Italy.
Stop beating around the bush and just admit you don't know what you're talking about.

I disagree with you in that point as I said before. Actually, you added nothing to what you said in your previous post. I agree that Guardiola played well for Brescia but he wasn't in his top form, simply because he was old and the team itself lacked ambition. And even if his teammates are lousy, he didn't have to do his best; he was playing for Berscia. If Guardiola joined an Italian big side, he might have played better, but this didn't happen. I don't know what is the problem with you, Guardiola's case isn't that complicated. One last thing, why didn't Guardiola join a big side before his retirement? I think that the answer is pretty clear.
Don't you get it? Apparently not. Iniesta is a better player than the old and injured Pep at Brescia, but the latter still played well. This isn't meteorology here, Ahmedios. It's easy. If Pep still played well during his spell in Serie A, THE BETTER INIESTA WOULDNT GET OWNED IN ITALY. Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

If you rate Ligue 1 below Italy, Spain and England, do you think that any player who shines in France will do the same in Italy, England or Spain? I don't think so.
:howler: Dude, just stop. Please, for the love of Allah.

Before you tell me your famous sentence "This is nonsensical", I say that the matter of discussion is Tiago who played in England and failed. And for Murinho to say that he played well, this doesn't matter. I watched Tiago in Chelsea and I have an opinion as well. And what did you expect Mourinho to say about his player? "Tiago sucks and we should get rid of him asap". Get real, man.
Even some Chelsea fans say that Tiago played well for them, it's just that as somebody already noted he was surplus to requirements and the kid new it. So he decided to go to Lyon where he would receive a starting role, and since then he's been a solid performer at a team you admittingly (and quite obviously) don't usually watch.

And again, you've provided no real arguments as to why Tiago would get owned in Italy and you continue spewing this Chelsea nonsense which doesn't really help your situation either when even Chelsea fans praised him. He only played one season in England with a team full of newcomers FFS. Your time is up.

But whatever dude, keep living in your little Ahmedios fairytale village where Serie A is king of the anal cannons. There is really no point in discussing football matters with someone who believes Juninho (over 50 assists in his Lyon career) is only famous for freekicks and then thinks he has the right to say that another Lyon teammate would be owned in Italy. Come back again when you watch some more football.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
tiago's a good player, was a solid performer for chelsea and as mentioned above never really got the space he deserved but i must admit i have not seem him at lyon, still i dont think we can afford to spend 15+mil on him, maybe he could be included in a trezeguet trade along with malouda or something along those lines....

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
cant remember how well tiago performed in his chelsea days but he was given to lyon in order to get essien,because with the acquisition of essien he wouldnt get much playing time.
about the 3-4-3 system.no way we can play that with our current players
we have no world class CB and our wingers arent suited to that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)