Official: Shevchenko to leave Milan (10 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
IncuboRossonero said:
SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE

LOSER

So I guess Milan being ranked first by UEFA in European Competitions this year had nothing to do with making 3 semi's in the last 4 years. Based on your rationale a team that goes out first or reaches the final has the same status...right??
So then surely Milan and Man U have the same European record right?
Or surely Milan and Juve in Europe have the same record right...because essentially reachign the final means little??
Thankfully the football world is not viewed by illogical chumps like you .... and people who know what it takes to battle TWO fronts (league championship and Europe)

Don't bother responding...this has wasted enough time for me..I don't feel like explaining you the basics of the game

sorry milanista, i've given up reading the crap ur team and fans produced

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Intro said:
The best team NEVER or rarely wins the Champions League so that point is completely wrong. If so Dortmund, Porto and Liverpool the years they won are on a par with the Barcelona team of this year.

Even this Barcelona team in my eyes did not distinguish itself too much differently to those winners. Why have forums or discussion when only winning counts?

Also if Torres is over-rated why has he caused more damage than any other striker to a Barca defence?
to be fair barca's defence is appauling, its hardly to the class of the italian defence.

i mean no disrespect to zalayeta despite my never ending love for him, even he managed to get passed the barca defence

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Badass Devil said:
unfortunatly yes, comming 2nd doesnt make u european champions does it? its a title every club wants, the only advantage of comming 2nd is the financial implications, but that doesnt bother me.
You make history by reaching a final, so I don't agree..

We've had plenty of discussions here people have made points such as us being a quality European side of the 90's with all of the finals we reached..

You see?
Even 7-8 years later, reaching a final/reaching finals, despite losing them, still has its value to many people and it will always be remembered.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Jem83 said:
You make history by reaching a final, so I don't agree..

We've had plenty of discussions here people have made points such as us being a quality European side of the 90's with all of the finals we reached..

You see?
Even 7-8 years later, reaching a final/reaching finals, despite losing them, still has its value to many people and it will always be remembered.

yes u make history, but everyone likes a winner, comming 2nd doesnt make u a winner, it makes u just as much of a loser than the eliminated teams.

all those finals juve have lost, i try not to remember, but only the finals we have won.

we got knocked out of the quarters in the passed 2 seasons, i dont really see how reaching the quarters and going out for a club like juve has much value? do we get a medal for it? do we get praise for it? do we get anymore recognition for it? no

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Badass Devil said:
yes u make history, but everyone likes a winner, comming 2nd doesnt make u a winner, it makes u just as much of a loser than the eliminated teams.

all those finals juve have lost, i try not to remember, but only the finals we have won.

we got knocked out of the quarters in the passed 2 seasons, i dont really see how reaching the quarters and going out for a club like juve has much value? do we get a medal for it? do we get praise for it? do we get anymore recognition for it? no
look, don't be a stuck-up

getting to a European cup final is a marvellous achievement.
Fans think so, managers think so and most importantly, players think so.

Arsenal, despite losing this year, still is the "place to be" for many players.

Do you think they would've gotten Rosicky if they crashed out in the group stages??

OP
Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #126
    Badass Devil said:

we get it if we got to the final

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    put it this way, wud u be satified by comming 2nd in serie A? im guessing not, so why does comming 2nd in europe seem such a achievment.

are you sure that you dont support inter? they only seem satisfied by comming 2nd/3rd

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Jem83 said:
    look, don't be a stuck-up

getting to a European cup final is a marvellous achievement.
    Fans think so, managers think so and most importantly, players think so.

Arsenal, despite losing this year, still is the "place to be" for many players.

Do you think they would've gotten Rosicky if they crashed out in the group stages??
    yes because they actually met the transfer demands of dortmund, where as athletico didnt.

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #129
    getting to the cl final is getting harder and harder with every year, the competitions is growing. look 10 years back, there where less teams, less games. now we have lots of groups and so many games, getting to the final is much harder, the road is much longer.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Stephan said:
    getting to the cl final is getting harder and harder with every year, the competitions is growing. look 10 years back, there where less teams, less games. now we have lots of groups and so many games, getting to the final is much harder, the road is much longer.

so? its simply a battle of the best if you go out, it means you're obviously not good enough

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #131
    Badass Devil said:
    put it this way, wud u be satified by comming 2nd in serie A? im guessing not, so why does comming 2nd in europe seem such a achievment.

are you sure that you dont support inter? they only seem satisfied by comming 2nd/3rd
    :lol:

why are you comparing seria a with CL

in CL you play with top teams of every other league, in serie a, there are many teams weaker.

getting 2 place is not bad either in serie a, it depends on the season, if team has had lots of injurys and been 3th or 4th place in the moust part of the season, then its not bad at all. you are automatically in the next CL groupstage.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Stephan said:
    we get it if we got to the final
    absolutely

we're a revered side in Europe because of all the finals we've been in, not only the ones we won

We've won the main prize in football as many times as Nottingham Forest, but we're much more revered than them are we not?

And why is that?

Yes, because we participate on a regular basis and because we've managed to go far many times, reaching the finals 7 times in total

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Stephan said:
    :lol:

why are you comparing seria a with CL

in CL you play with top teams of every other league, in serie a, there are many teams weaker.

getting 2 place is not bad either in serie a, it depends on the season, if team has had lots of injurys and been 3th or 4th place in the moust part of the season, then its not bad at all. you are automatically in the next CL groupstage.

not comparing the competitions, im simply stating that would u be satisfied with comming 2nd in serie A? well obviously u are, i wouldnt.

and in serie A like in europe, there are no easy games, all opponents needs to be respected, no matter the quality it poses

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Jem83 said:
    absolutely

we're a revered side in Europe because of all the finals we've been in, not only the ones we won

We've won the main prize in football as many times as Nottingham Forest, but we're much more revered than them are we not?

And why is that?

Yes, because we participate on a regular basis and because we've managed to go far many times, reaching the finals 7 times in total

tell me, do we get any trophies for comming 2nd?

and you noticed that when the players and staff go up to pick up the runners up medals, they call it the losers medals, - take that as a hint

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #135
    Badass Devil said:
    so? its simply a battle of the best if you go out, it means you're obviously not good enough
    no it doesnt, there is also big part on luck. you think in CL the best team has won and those so called not good enough teams have always failed. barca was not that superb in this season, they had lucky moments, lucky desicions by refs. liverpool where very lucky also last season(and i am not talking about the final), look groupstages for example. also against chelsea, was it a goal or not? how the ref saw it? dp goal was disallowed against liverpool. does that all mean liverpool was the best.

the thing is, the best teams doesnt win CL usually.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Badass Devil said:
    not comparing the competitions, im simply stating that would u be satisfied with comming 2nd in serie A? well obviously u are, i wouldnt.

and in serie A like in europe, there are no easy games, all opponents needs to be respected, no matter the quality it poses
    Serie-A is a tough league, I agree, but you can't really compare finishing second in the Serie-A and finishing second in the Champions League, because if you finish second in the Champions League you still have had all the eyes of the world on you.

A final is just a game, and everything can happen.
    Getting there is the hard part!

Besides, everyone will always remember who beat who, so a place in the final guarantees you a place in the history books no matter what the outcome.

I can agree that "The winner takes it all" applies to a league, but when it comes to a prestigous cup competition like the European Champions League, it's not quite so - even though the winner takes most of the credits.
    Once you get the final on a distance, ask anyone, they'll know who got beaten, who the opponents were.

OP
    Stephan

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #137
    badass devil you really are weird. even eurosport commentators sayd about milan that reaching to semifinal in 3 or 4 last CL tournaments is a big acchievement.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Badass Devil said:
    tell me, do we get any trophies for comming 2nd?

and you noticed that when the players and staff go up to pick up the runners up medals, they call it the losers medals, - take that as a hint
    I know it's called a losers medal, but it's still better than going out in the group stages. Who the hell remembers those teams??

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Jem83 said:
    I know it's called a losers medal, but it's still better than going out in the group stages. Who the hell remembers those teams??
    well who the hell remembers monaco? when they reached the finals few years back, got to the finals, and now lost within their own league.

who the hell remembers leverkusen? when they lost to real madrid, a club themselves lost in their own league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)