Official: Patrick Vieira To Juve (1 Viewer)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
And also take note that Vieira was babysitting for most of the season. Check out his performances when Gilberto came back in the team and he had a partner he could rely on defensively (save the FA Cup final, but then the whole team was crap that day), he was at his best then.

venom

Oct 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Webber ] ++
Not really. Blasi, Tacchi, Maresca, Olivera will leave. Speak now.:D
More probable that Appiah will leave instead of Blasi. Also don't see reason why Olivera would be leaving, that would be pissing in the own boot.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
This morning the Italian were reporting leaks. Now it’s real. French international midfielder Patrick Vieira is a Gunner no more.

The guard has changed at Arsenal. It’s a shift that I thought would happen with the retirement of Dennis Bergkamp. Next to Thierry Henry I considered Vieira Arsenal’s most important player. After last season, when he turned down Real Madrid, I thought he was going to stay a while. When I heard the rumors about Juventus I thought they were ridiculous.
I’ve enjoyed watching Vieira playing for Arsenal; I hate to see him leave.

I can only hope Arsene Wenger has a way to fill the gap Edu and Vieira have left. Flamini is no Fabregas, and Fabregas is not yet a Patrick Vieira. He is the one holding player which allowed Arsenal to play their style more consistently than anyone else. Fabregas has only had a season in the Premiership and has played above his years but has a long way to go to replace Vieira’s ball winning skills.

Juventus are every bit the team that didn’t sell Trezeguet to Chelsea. The quotes coming from the club said they were not selling, they were in fact buying, and they were true. This will improve Juve’s chances in the Champions League, a place Arsenal has not succeeded.

Juve's manager Fabio Capello was in charge of Inter Milan when AC Milan bought Vieira as a teenager from French club Cannes. From AC Milan Vieira joined Arsenal.

He returns to Italy a seasoned world class veteran player. Good luck Patrick.

Source

Webber

Feb 27, 2005
++ [ originally posted by venom ] ++

More probable that Appiah will leave instead of Blasi. Also don't see reason why Olivera would be leaving, that would be pissing in the own boot.
I don't know what you mean by pissing in our own boot, but he is not whorthy Juve. Sorry.

venom

Oct 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Webber ] ++
I don't know what you mean by pissing in our own boot, but he is not whorthy Juve. Sorry.
Maybe not worthy but backup for Camo/Neddy, true Zambrotta can also be counted as one but if Olivera was to leave there would be then only one. There should be backup for both Neddy and Camo and I wouldn't want to count Zambrotta as one of them, better to have Olivera(?) plus someone new (Pires?) as Kapo was sent to Monaco.

e: Pires' name added

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Lets hope he passes his medical guys. Im well excited but until i see he's completed this. Im still well cagey!!

Sign that shit boy!!

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Well, my first thoughts on the deal: I think its a fantastic signing, but the amount does make me want to consider if this is the only big signing of the summer, and if that actually closes the door on Cassano? Given we've got Appiah, Tacchi, Blasi, Maresca to recover the costs incurred on the Vieira purchase, I think they were also the players being linked in the cash + player deal for Antonio. Anyway, i guess, Miccoli will play an important role from now on, if only for the off season. 20m was a bit, but when i think about it, its not coming from my pocket, so im all for it.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

I don't think you can. Solidity everywhere except for perhaps Thuram and Miguel.
Thuram can be covered by Rob and Miguel by Zebina, I say we are STRONG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)