Official: Patrick Vieira To Juve (6 Viewers)

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
http://sport.virgilio.it/it/cmc/calcio/200528/cmc_85009.html

Google translation

Satisfied Fabio Hat for the purchase of Vieira: "Once again we have caught up the objective that we had in head". For Hat, the French "was the primary objective of this year. E' an important player, of great personality, than is made to feel in means to the field for technique and physical qualities. It will carry something in more in this unit ".

Jul 12, 2002
This is probably the second worst purchase Juve have made in my recollection. Vieira is surely a fine player and will bring needed strength to our midfield, but for only a few years. Furthermore, there were many more appealing, cheaper, and younger options around. Not only that, but we've got midfielders in abundance, there seems to be little reason for buying Vieira.

That said, I'm sure he'll do well for us, and make the team and its supporters proud. As long as we barely win the league and get dumped out of the CL, I'm sure that Moggi and Cappello will be happy.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Harsh words there, as long as we win the CL this year, I don't care if Vieira retires after that ! All it matters this year is the CL.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Edge ] ++
Harsh words there, as long as we win the CL this year, I don't care if Vieira retires after that ! All it matters this year is the CL.
That's exactly what I'm saying, we're trying to win the biggest deal of all, the Champion's League. Who won last year? Liverpool. How did they win? they made their squad more creative and opened up the pitch.

We desperately need attacking midfielders and defenders with pace. So what do we do? We buy an aging defensive midfielder, when we've too many of them already. He may be our new best aging defensive middy, but that's not saying much. Besides, if we wanted another central midfielder, we should've gotten Pedretti...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
This is probably the second worst purchase Juve have made in my recollection. Vieira is surely a fine player and will bring needed strength to our midfield, but for only a few years. Furthermore, there were many more appealing, cheaper, and younger options around. Not only that, but we've got midfielders in abundance, there seems to be little reason for buying Vieira.

That said, I'm sure he'll do well for us, and make the team and its supporters proud. As long as we barely win the league and get dumped out of the CL, I'm sure that Moggi and Cappello will be happy.
why we should always purchase young players, we already got some, and we'll probably put Blasi on-Loan. I don't see a big deal here.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
pedretti is not in the same class. yet maybe.
Pedretti is Vieira's replacement. Why buy a player on the way down, especially one who's only had success in England, when you could get a perfectly excellent, younger, continental player?

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++
why we should always purchase young players, we already got some, and we'll probably put Blasi on-Loan. I don't see a big deal here.
Because younger players cost less, spend more time at the club, and get better while they are here rather than worse...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

Because younger players cost less, spend more time at the club, and get better while they are here rather than worse...
well Find me younger player than Vieira who can Actually fill up the Space next to Emerson????

Vieira is one of the best DM in the world right-now

He can Still play 4 perfect years with us

I don't see anyone better than him to come and wear our jersey ATM.

Jul 12, 2002
well Find me younger player than Vieira who can Actually fill up the Space next to Emerson????

He can Still play 4 perfect years with us

I don't see anyone better than him to come and wear our jersey ATM.
That's not even the point. Don't you think that we already had the player(s) to fill that position? I mean certainly the money could have been better spent on a playmaker or a fullback...

venom

Oct 22, 2003
Actually, how come? Last couple of seasons have not been like that, I mean he hasn't played like he was one of the best in the world. Yes, the reason was probably the lack of motivation and I hope he finds that form which gave him that reputation few years back.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

That's not even the point. Don't you think that we already had the player(s) to fill that position? I mean certainly the money could have been better spent on a playmaker or a fullback...
TBH, I couldn't expect a less Price than that. Surely, there are alot of youngesters but Patrick is like one in a million.

I don't really think we need a playmaker, we already know Mutu and Nedved are staying with us, why to waste money on a player when we already got other players??

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by venom ] ++

Actually, how come? Last couple of seasons have not been like that, I mean he hasn't played like he was one of the best in the world. Yes, the reason was probably the lack of motivation and I hope he finds that form which gave him that reputation few years back.
I actually thought he had a great season last year, despite arsenal's failure. However, I'm quite sure he'll be in Form to help us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)