Official: Patrick Vieira To Juve (10 Viewers)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++
TBH, I couldn't expect a less Price than that. Surely, there are alot of youngesters but Patrick is like one in a million.

I don't really think we need a playmaker, we already know Mutu and Nedved are staying with us, why to waste money on a player when we already got other players??
Because niether Mutu not Nedved is a playmaker. Why don't we win the CL? Because we don't make enough plays. How do we make more plays? Get a playmaker.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Because niether Mutu not Nedved is a playmaker. Why don't we win the CL? Because we don't make enough plays. How do we make more plays? Get a playmaker.
Mutu isn't a playmaker? :confused:

Nedved is a playmaker, but Since Fabio's arrival he's playing on the wing which doesn't suit the team.

Jul 12, 2002
Mutu isn't a playmaker? :confused:

Nedved is a playmaker, but Since Fabio's arrival he's playing on the wing which doesn't suit the team.
Mutu is a forward. Nedved was always a winger. He played in a free role with Lippi, but he wasn't a playmaker then, more of a horizontal winger.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Mutu is a forward. Nedved was always a winger. He played in a free role with Lippi, but he wasn't a playmaker then, more of a horizontal winger.
I know Mutu is a forward, but he's more like a playmaker, his style, though I don't know what Position Capello will choose for him.

If my memory serve me, Nedved was playing as a playmaker in Lazio, not sure tho.

Aug 1, 2003
Even so, Pat is the only (available) and suitable candidate to partner Emerson. It's certainly not a long-term purchase on Juve's behalf I think, but with his experience it's definitely enough to cover the area.

Our defense is quite covered and we have Pat to partner Emerson, but our midfield still lacks creativity. Last season we relied entirely on the superman Camoranesi. Nedved's on the wings and another "creative" midfielder I can think of is Olivera, bah.

Lets just get Ronaldinho instead :cool:

Len

Feb 13, 2004
This is great news....we finally got him.....

I was always a bit nervous, whether Real will hijack the move or he will finally stay at Arsenal again, but anyway its been done....

Well done Moggi!! Bienvenue Patrick!!;)

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
I understand what Ian is saying, but it is likely we will play three upfront or two strikers (Zlatan and Trez), one support forward (Nedved, Del Piero and Mutu to choose from). So we do need the 2 DMF in the midfield.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
Even so, Pat is the only (available) and suitable candidate to partner Emerson. It's certainly not a long-term purchase on Juve's behalf I think, but with his experience it's definitely enough to cover the area.

Our defense is quite covered and we have Pat to partner Emerson, but our midfield still lacks creativity. Last season we relied entirely on the superman Camoranesi. Nedved's on the wings and another "creative" midfielder I can think of is Olivera, bah.

I agree with every word and Ronaldinho is top on my wanted list as we do need that creative playmaker and Ronaldinho is one of the top ones and he is young! how old is he anyway?

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Would be great to see this, but I doubt Capello using these tactics.
Well, Del Piero seems to think so...from what he said in the press last week. Also at Roma Capello played 3 upfront always.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++

Yeah, the lack of creativity in midfield will prove to be a problem next season as well I think. We can partly solve it by playing with three forwards though.

I would have actually preffered Pizarro, because he was exactly what the team needed, plus he's cheaper and younger.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
i dont know why you guys are talking about lack of creativity ... with nedved viera emerson camronesi we have the most balanced creativity in midfield. Even emerson can start becoming creative, even the fact that he ha a world class player covering him, then he can move emerson foward and vice versa.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
To be honest creativity is overated, just get crosses in from Cammo and Ramo, Zlatan and Treze will head them in all day.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
exactly, last year emerson couldnt be creative because he had to do most of the cover for the defence this year it should be a better season for emerson!

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Thats besides the point. The fact remains that Patrick Vieira fits in with Juve's style of play. And even though i too feel Pizarro would have been a better alternative, I'd have to say Patrick will make the midfield work the way hat sees fit. I'll give the benefit of the doubt on this one to Fabio. Then again, we dont have too many other options, now that we've signed him. So i can live with it.

venom

Oct 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Edge ] ++
To be honest creativity is overated, just get crosses in from Cammo and Ramo, Zlatan and Treze will head them in all day.
:confused: Zlatan, well, if he's been practising it all summer and Treze finally plays more than 20 games this season.

But yes, flanks are the way to create anything, if Capello does not use 3-4-1-2 / 4-3-1-2 occasionally. Emerson and Vieira can be both given the as free role as ever but that still does not change the fact they are not that creative players. Creativity is something you have or you don't have. You can't learn it, well to certain level maybe, but if Capello would have wanted offensive contribution from central midfield he would have bought someone else than Vieira.

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
Arsenal skipper Patrick Vieira has completed his move to Juventus after agreeing personal terms and passing a medical in Turin.

The Italian champions agreed a £13.5 million fee with The Gunners for their influential midfielder on Thursday, and Vieira flew to Italy to discuss personal terms.

Vieira has also passed his medical and the Italians revealed on Friday morning that the deal had been concluded.

"Vieira has signed and is happy with the deal," said a club spokesman. "It is all sorted out."

Vieira spent nine years at Highbury and helped the club to win seven major domestic honours during his time in North London.

The former Milan man now returns to Serie A as he felt that he needed another challenge in his career, as he is now 29.

Arsenal fans will be hoping that Arsene Wenger has a replacement in mind as Vieira will leave a huge gap in the club's midfield.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)