Official: Patrick Vieira To Juve (2 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Pires: It's The End Of An Era
7/15/2005 11:47:00 AM
Robert Pires believes the sale of Patrick Vieira represents the end of an era for Arsenal.
The Gunners skipper completed his move to Juventus this morning, and Pires admits he is disappointed.

"I am disappointed because Patrick was a very important player to us," Pires told Le Parisien.

"His departure is a big loss for the club.

"At first, it will be a bit strange in the changing room and in the stadium where we will not hear the fans chanting his song anymore.

"It is the end of an era. It is a whole period that leaves us, not only Patrick Vieira.

"But I am also happy for him because it is a new big adventure, a new challenge.

"He leaves for a big European club, maybe he needs to do that. Anyway, I wish him a lot of success."

They'll chant his name in Delle Alpi aswell :frown:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
And last season I think he struggled because Gilberto was out for so long.

They played really well together and Patrick relied on him to do quite a bit of his work, winning the ball back and playing the simple ball and Patrick was able to get on with his more flamboyant style.
Says Lee Dixon.

Some people have noted that they are happy now that Emerson will be able to go forward more as Viera will be around to fill the hole. But Dixon seems to think that Viera thrives playing next to a ball winner, so that he can be more flamboyant. Emerson is certainly not a "ball winner" kind of midfielder.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Any of the four Nedved, Vieira, Emerson or Camoranesi can create plays. I see we have a very creative midfield, well balanced and fits Capello's tactics.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Because niether Mutu not Nedved is a playmaker. Why don't we win the CL? Because we don't make enough plays. How do we make more plays? Get a playmaker.
You right we miss creativity,and to buy a creative miedfilder is a good idea,but i think we will have enough ideas and plays if our upfront line will be this trio:

Cassano---Trez---Zlatan

Camo,Neddy(Zambro),Emo and Vieira will bring them the balls,and Cassano with Zlatan has lots of Creativity,plus both scoring goals,
also not to forget Trez who can score from almost every freaking angle.

And how can we aford play with 3 upfront and 3 on defence?

with 1 new good CB to partner Canna and Thuram,and with guys like Emo and Patrick who will work hard on both sides of the pitch it is possible.

+ i hope we will sign someone for the bench,Mancini,Pires,Mozart....guys who can stand up and bring in something.

That's how we get the plays,without buying a super creative AM.

thoughts?

Forza Juve!:cool:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
It's a great coup make no mistake about it, but I'm sceptical.Will Vieira live up to his reputation?Will he settle in Juve?

I for one have always thought he was slightly overrated; he is a great ball winner and a reliable fifth defender, but how influential is he really?He was charged with running the midfield at Arsenal, but he'll be playing alongside his equals in Juve.

Aug 1, 2003
Exactly.

Playing 3 up front like said before could partly solve the creativity problem. Oh come on, just get in a few crosses and thats done? Thats what we had last year from Zambro and Camo, and though it worked we always faced some problems in trying to get more goals - we cant afford that if we want to win the CL.

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004

Google translation

Patrick Vieira è be officially introduced this morning. Here the first words of the bianconero neo-purchase. "They are proud of being of the Juventus. This è a special day perchè arrival in one square between the best ones to national and international level ". "To leave the Arsenal after nine years è difficult state, but in the life must be gone ahead. When I have had to choose between Juventus and Real Madrid I have preferred the stabilità of the Juve, and in this decision they have not influenced nè Thuram from a part nè Zidane from the other. To the fine this è one my decision perchè this è my life ".

Aug 26, 2003
welcome Patrick!

Capello Thanks Management For Vieira
7/15/2005 10:41:00 AM
Fabio Capello hailed the arrival of Patrick Vieira, a player he discovered way back during his AC Milan days.
”I think that once again we signed who we set out to get. I compliment our management, Bettega, Giraudo, and Moggi worked extremely well, “ he said.

“Vieira is an important player, with a great charisma, and in midfield he makes his strength known. Vieira will bring that something extra that new signings should bring,” he added.

Vieira is set to pair up with Brazil’s Emerson in what can be considered the best midfield duo around on the planet.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Creativity is good at Juve, but people fail to mention the one thing we lack in the team...Pace ! We have no pace in our lineup with the exception of Zambro, that's just not good enough.
I mean Barca has Etoo, Real has Owen, Milan has Sheva, Inter has Martins, we have Mutu as our fastest forward ?

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
No but the lack of creation is immediately apparent. I won't be happy with this signing unless we get Cassano as well. Sounds a bit spoilt but really, another defensive mid that can't create to save his life was hardly top of the list of priorities.

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Tommaso ] ++
No but the lack of creation is immediately apparent. I won't be happy with this signing unless we get Cassano as well. Sounds a bit spoilt but really, another defensive mid that can't create to save his life was hardly top of the list of priorities.
Now, that I believe is not true.. Last season he set up many of the forwards with great passes, and I like his through ball.. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)