Official: Patrick Vieira To Juve (3 Viewers)

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++
Yeah, I agree. But still it's hard to beat Thuram, I sometimes find him one of the best defenders ever.
Oh at tackling and one-on-ones he's one of the best.. it's just a few of those headers that he misses..

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
I'm afraid of a 2004 situation after 2003 with our defence.

You know:In 2003 we had great defence and in 2004 with the same players we were shit.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Chxta ] ++
I still think it's a great deal. 20 million euro for someone who is acknowledged as one of the best in his position on the fucking planet?

You couldn't do that in FM could you Zla-baby?

:LOL:

Agreed, i think we got a good deal, i know he is rather old and one might op for a younger player with that money but our targets are short term and this has got me excited for the coming season.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I'm really excited! Can't wait for the new campaign. We will be better. All the players know eachother, how they should cope with eachother and so on. Plus more experience for players like Zlatan and Appiah :D We will see some new faces of: Mutu, Vieira and Chiellini play for us and it will be great! If Cassano came and if we signed a new RB, lets say one of: Oddo, Miguel or Mancini, Moggi surely have done it this time :D It's a bit late, but what the heck; Congratulations, MOGGI!

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Arsenal Could Snap Up 'Viera' In The Next Few Hours

7/14/2005 6:35:00 PM
Arsenal are likely to sign Uruguayan national team goalkeeper Sebastian Viera from Nacional.
The transfer should be finalised in the next few hours as it is said that Arsenal and Nacional have come to an agreement for the signing of one of the most promising goalkeepers in South America.

Viera (22) has represented Uruguay ten times and has become the countries undisputed number one goalkeeper after shining in last years Copa America.

After playing less than one year in the Uruguayan first division Viera was given the opportunity to play for the national team and since then has kept his place in the team ahead of more experienced goalkeepers like Fabian Carini, Gustavo Munua and Luis Barbat.

Only in the last week Viera helped Nacional clinch the Uruguayan championship after saving a crucial penalty in the 88th minute during the match against Rocha FC.

Arsene Wenger has been keeping a close eye on the goalkeeper, although he has suggested that Viera may be too short:

“He is a great goal-stopper but I would prefer if he was 6 to 8 centimetres taller”.

Viera stands at 1.85 metres tall and weighs 83 kg, and although he is not very tall compared to many other goalkeepers he insists that some of his other qualities make up for this:

“I feel that I am very agile, I’ve got good reflexes and that gives me the confidence I need when defending the goal, no matter what opposition I face”.

Other European clubs that have recently shown an interest in Viera include AS Roma, Inter Milan, Sevilla and Real Betis, but Arsenal seem to be the club that are leading the race to sign the goalkeeper.

At the moment Arsenal count with two goalkeepers, these being German international Jens Lehmann and Spanish goalkeeper Manuel Almunia.
Both goalkeepers have recently become out of favour with Wenger and the Arsenal supporters after some dismal performances last season.

www.goal.com

Wenger want to do his experiment.
new vieira with gloves to partner gilberto silva :rofl: :D

bestjuve

Jul 1, 2005
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
I'm really excited! Can't wait for the new campaign. We will be better. All the players know eachother, how they should cope with eachother and so on. Plus more experience for players like Zlatan and Appiah :D We will see some new faces of: Mutu, Vieira and Chiellini play for us and it will be great! If Cassano came and if we signed a new RB, lets say one of: Oddo, Miguel or Mancini, Moggi surely have done it this time :D It's a bit late, but what the heck; Congratulations, MOGGI!

maybe Appiah will leave,and Cassano may come on free next summer,it is what Moggi expect,trust him!so exciting!:D

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++

:LOL:

Agreed, i think we got a good deal, i know he is rather old and one might op for a younger player with that money but our targets are short term and this has got me excited for the coming season.
Like I said earlier, the long term is made up of a series of short terms...

Aug 1, 2003
Welcome Vieira, you will receive my endless support once you wear black and white.

However, I must state that I was never a fan of yours and ESPECIALLY the team you led (God, I hate them more than I hate Roma, can you believe it?)

No matter, you are a suitable candidate to partner Emerson and I think we bought you at a reasonable price.

Hope you will enjoy your stay and do your best for Juventus. Best of luck and best wishes!

Forza Juve!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)