Official: Patrick Vieira To Juve (2 Viewers)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Scene: Every summer, somewhere in north London, for as long as anyone cares to remember.

Big foreign club: [Strides in with a swagger] We want to sign Patrick Vieira.
Arsenal: Eh, no, thanks all the same.
Patrick Vieira: I love Arsenal. [Eye a-twinkling] I never want to leave.
Big foreign club: [Waves grotesque amount of money around] We want to sign Patrick Vieira.
Arsenal: [Eyes lingering on the cash] No. We are not in the business of selling our best players.
Patrick Vieira: Come on now, let's not be too hasty. [Exit stage right]
Big foreign club: [Hops, skips and jumps into a press conference] We are going to sign Patrick Vieira. A deal is imminent.
Arsenal:
[Light coughing]
Arsenal:
[Tumbleweed enters stage left, blows across stage, exits stage right]
Patrick Vieira: Ahem, Arsenal, this is where you're supposed to shout a lusty Hollywood 'no', lock me in a room and offer me the riches of Cibola and a brand new Seat Ibiza.
Arsenal:
Patrick Vieira: Remember? You do that, I go and have a think about it, decide I still want to move, and then change my mind at the 11th hour when it turns out I can't squeeze as much out of them as I can out of you. It's the whole climax of the show. Think of the fans!
Arsenal:
Big foreign club suit, quite possibly Juventus general director Luciano Moggi: We are on the verge of signing him. [Counting out £12m in crisp new notes] The deal should be completed this afternoon.
Arsenal:
Patrick Vieira: Wha-? But? Eh?
Arsenal: [To themselves] Hmm, Lyon's Mahamadou Diarra might be worth a look, even though he's just signed a new contract. A snip at £10m, too.
Patrick Vieira: [As gleeful Juventus suits shepherd him towards door] This isn't how it's supposed to be! [Ponders a trademark drop-to-the-floor-like-a-wounded-gazelle for effect] £82,000-a-week for the next five years, you say? I'll get my coat.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ali-Piero

May 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Chxta ] ++
Scene: Every summer, somewhere in north London, for as long as anyone cares to remember.

Big foreign club: [Strides in with a swagger] We want to sign Patrick Vieira.
Arsenal: Eh, no, thanks all the same.
Patrick Vieira: I love Arsenal. [Eye a-twinkling] I never want to leave.
Big foreign club: [Waves grotesque amount of money around] We want to sign Patrick Vieira.
Arsenal: [Eyes lingering on the cash] No. We are not in the business of selling our best players.
Patrick Vieira: Come on now, let's not be too hasty. [Exit stage right]
Big foreign club: [Hops, skips and jumps into a press conference] We are going to sign Patrick Vieira. A deal is imminent.
Arsenal:
[Light coughing]
Arsenal:
[Tumbleweed enters stage left, blows across stage, exits stage right]
Patrick Vieira: Ahem, Arsenal, this is where you're supposed to shout a lusty Hollywood 'no', lock me in a room and offer me the riches of Cibola and a brand new Seat Ibiza.
Arsenal:
Patrick Vieira: Remember? You do that, I go and have a think about it, decide I still want to move, and then change my mind at the 11th hour when it turns out I can't squeeze as much out of them as I can out of you. It's the whole climax of the show. Think of the fans!
Arsenal:
Big foreign club suit, quite possibly Juventus general director Luciano Moggi: We are on the verge of signing him. [Counting out £12m in crisp new notes] The deal should be completed this afternoon.
Arsenal:
Patrick Vieira: Wha-? But? Eh?
Arsenal: [To themselves] Hmm, Lyon's Mahamadou Diarra might be worth a look, even though he's just signed a new contract. A snip at £10m, too.
Patrick Vieira: [As gleeful Juventus suits shepherd him towards door] This isn't how it's supposed to be! [Ponders a trademark drop-to-the-floor-like-a-wounded-gazelle for effect] £82,000-a-week for the next five years, you say? I'll get my coat.
:LOL::thumb:

Romano

May 22, 2004
will vieira also have that strange thingy on his chest just like he had on arsenal?
what is it anyway ? it seems like something wet or something...

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #310
    ++ [ originally posted by Romano ] ++
    will vieira also have that strange thingy on his chest just like he had on arsenal?
    what is it anyway ? it seems like something wet or something...
    vicks, helps him to breathe better.

Mar 6, 2005
    FINALLY IT'S OFFICIAL!!!

Juventus sign Vieira – official
    Thursday 14 July, 2005
    Serie A champions Juventus have confirmed the £14m capture of Arsenal captain Patrick Vieira.

The central midfielder, who will now partner Brazilian ace Emerson, has signed a five-year contract at the Stadio Delle Alpi.

The Bianconeri have been in talks for the 29-year-old for the last few weeks and a deal has been completed.

Vieira will now link up with boss Fabio Capello again after a brief stint at the San Siro almost a decade ago.

The Frenchman joins the side despite being strongly linked with a move to Real Madrid over the last two summers.

Vieira ends his Premiership stint after nine years in England since he became Arsène Wenger’s first signing at the London club.

"When you spend nine years at the club, like I did, it is a difficult decision to leave," Vieira told Arsenal.com.

"But in the end you have to make a choice for your future. It was a very difficult decision, but I am happy with it.

"I made the decision to leave because I felt it was time for me to have a new challenge. But that does not mean I was unhappy or that I was having a problem at Arsenal.

"It was just that I had the feeling I needed to grow and meet a new challenge, and I feel Juventus was the best challenge for me.

"I‘d like to thank the Arsenal fans. They have been fabulous. Even recently in the street they were saying ‘if you are going, then thanks for the last nine years’. That is really touching and it makes me feel that I gave my best for the club.

"I can go with my head held high. I did my best every day in training and in every match, and I left shaking the hand of Arsène Wenger and Mr David Dein. That was really important to me."

Arsenal have accepted to sell the combative player given that his contract was set to expire in June 2007.

It is understood that Juventus will pay the fee in three instalments - £7m immediately, £3.5m in July 2006 and £3.5m in July 2007.

The Bianconeri are now expected to strengthen their side further by trying to sign Antonio Cassano of Roma.

Channel4.com
    :D

EDIT: I'm too late, aren't I..? :D

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    Au contrairie to all those who say Patrick is too old. Cesc and Flamini had a great seasons last when Gilberto spent half the time injured. Who was the guiding hand then?

Juve just made a great signing. And considering the fact that the Serie A and the Champions League (unlike the Premiership) are not just about pace but about technique, I see us squeezing 4 years out of Patrick.

Zizou was 29 when he went to Madrid, and look at how much they got out of him. Neddy was 29 when he came here. Figo wasa 28 when he went to Madrid. Cafu was 32 when he went to Milan. Maldini is 76 :D

Do you think Milan's defence would have survived the Premiership last season? Ask why haven't Milan released any of Maldini, Cafu and Stam? And ask again, wouldn't they start as Milan's first choice defence next season?

Yes the Vieira sale was a rip off...

Juve ripped Arsenal off
    :stuckup:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Chxta ] ++
    Zizou was 29 when he went to Madrid, and look at how much they got out of him. Neddy was 29 when he came here. Figo wasa 28 when he went to Madrid. Cafu was 32 when he went to Milan. Maldini is 76 :D
    I wouldn't use Zizou as an example here, cause he's probably the worst example you could pick. Sure he had a good two seasons, his first two. But not consistently "galactic" either, their fans will tell you they have mixed feelings as he goes from running the game to being invisible. But lately he just isn't himself and though he keeps working at it, it very much looks like he's aged. For £48m that was not a good deal.

Just wanted to point that out.

Course, for the privilige of signing the best player of his generation, of course they should have paid us that much if not more ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)