Official Cricket thread (4 Viewers)

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
any news on australia tour to pakistan will it be cancelled or not
rumours are it will be moved to australia. Pakistan just want it to go ahead they dont care where.

What a great way to c Australia loose a place everyone penciled in a win for Australia. Great Test Australia's batting let them down or we would of won shame. But you cant keep winning forever. We need a top line spinner i cant see one anytime soon. :(

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #382
    You've got that wrong actually.The ACB put a solution forward,hinting towards swapping series dates.According to the current ICC calender,Australia are to tour Pakistan in March,whereas Pakistan are to tour Australia in September.The ACB has offered to swap the series,and said that Pakistan should tour Australia in March,and Australia would make the return tour to Pakistan in September when the situation in the country has stabalized..Pakistan doesnt like this idea,and they want the series to go according to the ICC calender because of financial losses n shit.Neutral Venues are totally out of the question btw.So even though the series MIGHT be interchanged,there is no way that the series in March would be played on a neutral venue.

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #387
    Why Australia play Hogg instead of McGill is beyond me.McGill is a fantastic bowler.Had Warne not existed,he would have surely been Australia's most prolific spinner.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
    Why Australia play Hogg instead of McGill is beyond me.McGill is a fantastic bowler.Had Warne not existed,he would have surely been Australia's most prolific spinner.
    Macgill just had wrist surgery thats why he cant play he is near to getting his first game since the surgery in first class but it remains to be seen if he can get it back to his old self after operation.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
    Gilchrist is going to retire after this test what sad sad news. A legend leaving us mmmmmmm.

This last test is another classic gee it has been good cricket this summer :)

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
    Gilchrist is going to retire after this test what sad sad news. A legend leaving us mmmmmmm.

This last test is another classic gee it has been good cricket this summer :)
    yeah another test match heading towards exicting end lets hope the same excitement is seen in the tour against pakistan and finally the best wicket keeper batsmen announces his retirement i am suprised because in his recent interview he said that he will not retire soon

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
    yeah another test match heading towards exicting end lets hope the same excitement is seen in the tour against pakistan and finally the best wicket keeper batsmen announces his retirement i am suprised because in his recent interview he said that he will not retire soon
    So series ends 2-1 Australia will take that anyday of week but the way last two tests where dominated by India will worry them. But i guess the next time India comeback they will have a different batting line up not with the class of this summer.

Yes it seemed he would play on but the pressure in papers where massive here in Australia. He was dropping sitters too regualry for everyones liking, only averaging 30 with the bat for the last 3 years is no longer Gilly. Haddin to come in for Pakistani series should be very very tight series i suspect.

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
    yes kumble will not return as he said it was his last tour to australia and about dravid ganguly sachin and laxman they have not personally said whether will this be their last tour to australia it depends on their body and the fact that they are not certainties in odi team except sachin who i expect could also be dropped but even australia who will play in australia against india in 2011 might not have hayden pointing symonds hogg stuart clark so lets see what will happen next time india comes to australia and why did gilly average drop over the last five years

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
    Many things could be said about the average i think he couldnt even put a finger on it himself.
    One thing i know India is so powerful when it comes to politics in world cricket.:agree:
    yeah monkey:p i just dont know after the mumbai odi last year everybody is calling symonds monkey and stump mic didnt caught harbhajan saying anything so got away unpunished except for the fine

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #396
    Beating Zimbabwe doesnt really count for much.But i hope you're right.Im not expecting a win against the Aussies,but if we can draw that series,then i expect the team to do well in the future.

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
    Beating Zimbabwe doesnt really count for much.But i hope you're right.Im not expecting a win against the Aussies,but if we can draw that series,then i expect the team to do well in the future.
    i am talking about odi series as paksitan have done well at home and nearly defeated south africa but if pakistan play with their first choice seamers that is shoaib gul and even asif it might be different story and this australia first series test away from home after mcgrath warne and gilly retired

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
    india again thrashed at melbourne i dont know why the batsmen have failed here twice once in the test and now 20-20 lets hope they do well at gabba

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
    mmm gee that australian team looked well oiled last nite. Didnt put a foot wrong and punished a talented yet scared Indian side which missed its true leaders.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    i can't believe i got dragged to that game. It wasn't that bad but expected some sort of resistance by india.

For my first cricket game, it was mildly entertaining in regards to seeing a hell lot of people and some passion. I was just really happy with the beach balls, mexican wave, the women and the music.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)