Official Cricket thread (10 Viewers)

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
Yes i was reffering to you.I was asking you about the West Indies performance though:p
Oh :oops: Well they actually redeemed themselves yesterday for me. I went to the last day of the test yesterday and it was awesome to see them win in person! And we won with only four wickets down too! :D I can't wait for the ODI on Saturday. After yesterday I have hope for them. :agree: The one thing I didn't like about yesterday's match was that the first batsman, Chattergoon, was batting really wildly and swinging his bat all over the place. I was beginning to wonder if he was playing baseball. :p

I miss Lara though. I saw him play in a Trinidad match against Guyana about a month ago and he made 100+ runs against them. When he has his off days he can be bad but when he's good he is good.

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #423
    Only Good?Lara is one of the greatest ever.The best post 1990 batsman alongside Tendulkar.Id even say he was a notch above Sachin because he stood out in a poor team and his finishing was probably better than him too.God knows what Lara would have achieved had he been in a West Indies side from the 70's or 80's.

Lilith

Immortelle
    May 19, 2006
    Only Good?Lara is one of the greatest ever.The best post 1990 batsman alongside Tendulkar.Id even say he was a notch above Sachin because he stood out in a poor team and his finishing was probably better than him too.God knows what Lara would have achieved had he been in a West Indies side from the 70's or 80's.
    Yes one of the greatest! My bad for downplaying it. :p And I'd say he's a notch better than Tendulkar too...but of course I am extremely biased. ;)

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
    chak de india finally south africa couldnt play on spinning track and series ends one all and younis khan is considering retirement pakistan looking quite good odi side

Lilith

Immortelle
    May 19, 2006
    The Windies won all the games they played in Trinidad. I went to all of them but my favourite was definitely the first ODI where Chanderpaul scored the four and the six from the last 2 balls to win the game. :D

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    The Windies won all the games they played in Trinidad. I went to all of them but my favourite was definitely the first ODI where Chanderpaul scored the four and the six from the last 2 balls to win the game. :D
    that was a fantastic match! :lol: thew funniest moment was when they showed Jayawardene trying to catch it in mid-air! :rofl:Poor guy

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    Yes one of the greatest! My bad for downplaying it. :p And I'd say he's a notch better than Tendulkar too...but of course I am extremely biased. ;)
    Lara is miles ahead of Sachin...there was a touch of genius in Lara becuase everything about Lara was unorthodox....his stance, the backlift and his footwork....but when it came to making the runs Lara was an absolute master...

Lilith

Immortelle
    May 19, 2006
    that was a fantastic match! :lol: thew funniest moment was when they showed Jayawardene trying to catch it in mid-air! :rofl:Poor guy
    It was fantastic...unfortunately though we don't have any screens showing the game at our oval and it happened so fast, I didn't notice.

The game was extremely frustrating to watch for a while...I think some people wanted to cry. Chris "The Whale" Gayle as I call him sometimes gets me so upset because he runs like a whale and I think he cost us valueable runs. Where he could have made 2 runs sometimes, he was way too lazy to go for it. He can never be Lara. My favourites on this current team are Bravo, Chanderpaul and Sarwan.

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #431
    Any of you people watching the IPL?

I like two teams,and yes i feel like a glory hunting whore:D.I cant seem to remember the names of the teams though.The first one that i like is the one that has Sehwag,Shoaib Malik,Mcgrath and Asif..and the second one that i like is the one that has Afridi,Laxman,Gilchrist etc.I like em both becasue they have my favourite paki players obviously.

Its good fun.I dont even know who's on top btw:confused:.Its hard to keep track of all the matches.Sehwag's team is doing well,but Laxman's side isnt.That century by Gilchrist was cruel btw.Sheer MURDER!

And the cheerleaders are HOT:drool:.I read that they had to face a lot of lewd comments from the crowd though.Damn us sub continenters.We can never respect a woman with big boobs and a skimpy dress:p

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
    Any of you people watching the IPL?

I like two teams,and yes i feel like a glory hunting whore:D.I cant seem to remember the names of the teams though.The first one that i like is the one that has Sehwag,Shoaib Malik,Mcgrath and Asif..and the second one that i like is the one that has Afridi,Laxman,Gilchrist etc.I like em both becasue they have my favourite paki players obviously.

Its good fun.I dont even know who's on top btw:confused:.Its hard to keep track of all the matches.Sehwag's team is doing well,but Laxman's side isnt.That century by Gilchrist was cruel btw.Sheer MURDER!

And the cheerleaders are HOT:drool:.I read that they had to face a lot of lewd comments from the crowd though.Damn us sub continenters.We can never respect a woman with big boobs and a skimpy dress:p
    yes i am watching ipl its fun and the cheerleaders are mostly from foreign countries the problem is that they are showing too much skin according to the politicians who have created big fuss i think if cheerleaders perform in pakistan a big fuss will be created

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #438
    They would face a lot of problems wherever they perform in the subcontinent..in India,Bangladesh or Pakistan.Maybe even Srilanka.But i love the cheerleaders,so i cant complain:p

And man..The Rajhastan Royals really owned The Deccan Chargers today.Why isnt Laxman playing btw?Is he injured?He's been missing from their last couple of games.

Which team do you support serfaaraz?Been to any matches as yet?

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    I was reading about the Indian Cricket League the other day and I noticed they have a team called the Lahore Badshah's. Seems like they're kicking ass over there. They're supposedly undefeated and were the only ones to beat the reigning champions.

:weee:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)