Official Cricket thread (13 Viewers)

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #402
    Pollock retires.Im pretty sad today.He was one of my favourite cricketers,and a genuinley nice guy.I remember when SA toured Pakistan last year,and i went to the stadium to see the match.Every time pollock would stand on our end of the boundary to field,we'd start yelling his name like idiots,and he'd wave at us every single time.One of the best players the game saw in the last decade or so.

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #404
    Im assuming they won the finals?

Congratulations.

The Aussies are finally showing signs of cracking.All great things come to an end.

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
    Im assuming they won the finals?Congratulations.The Aussies are finally showing signs of cracking.All great things come to an end.
    yeah india beat aussies 2-0 a repeat of the last year edition of the triangular series where england won it is too early to say aussies are cracking they bowling is still one of the best if pointing symonds come back to form it could be a different story any update on australia tour of pakistan and shoaib akhtar could he be given life ban by pcb

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #406
    The tour is pretty much off.I dont think its official as yet,but that doesnt matter.Im sure Australia wont tour Pakistan.And Shoaib Akhtar could escape a life ban,but i hope he doesnt.Enough is enough.Out with that asshole!

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    The English got thrashed by New Zealand after a good old fashioned English batting collapse.

Only two players scored more than 10 runs. :lol:

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
    The tour is pretty much off.I dont think its official as yet,but that doesnt matter.Im sure Australia wont tour Pakistan.And Shoaib Akhtar could escape a life ban,but i hope he doesnt.Enough is enough.Out with that asshole!
    yes the tour is called off i am sure australia will not compete in champions trophy if similar blsts happen in pakistan and i myself was suprised about akhtar and kaneria being in c grade* category in central contract i dont know about test cricket but shoaib will be helpful for pakistan in odi

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #409
    Kaneria doesnt deserve to be in the C grade,thats for sure.He's the best spinner we have,and that too by a distance.Shoaib on the other hand should be kicked because of his indiscipline.Ofocurse he can be useful to us,both on ODIs and Tests,but ive had it with his attitude.He should be banned for life for all i care.

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
    so finally shoaib akhtar banned for five years which pretty much ends his career but i am suprised that he has got support of former players like imran khan zaheer abbas aamir sohail and some politcians why does have such a strong female fan following

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #411
    Im glad he got banned.But i expect the ban to be lifted,sadly.The former cricketers are probably supporting Shoaib because he wasnt given the opporunity to clarify his stance.Either way,he's had this coming and im not surprised one bit.I do realize that playing without him makes our bowling considerably weaker.

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #414
    This is the problem with teams from the sub continent.Give us batting tracks,and we'll have a party,give us bowling tracks,and we'll fall to pieces.

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
    This is the problem with teams from the sub continent.Give us batting tracks,and we'll have a party,give us bowling tracks,and we'll fall to pieces.
    i wish we could go back to chennai but just like they did against pakistan south africa looks like they are going to win the series in india i think south africa are going to challenge australia

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    i wish we could go back to chennai but just like they did against pakistan south africa looks like they are going to win the series in india i think south africa are going to challenge australia
    RSA have always been pretenders to the throne but they always choke in front of the Aussies...but if Dale Steyn mantains his recent performances than RSA have a very good chance of taking the number 1 spot

Lilith

Immortelle
    May 19, 2006
    You should have seen the Windies bowl against Sri Lanka in Guyana. It was awful and the commentators kept blaming it on the pitch. I wonder why SL didn't seem to have a problem with the pitch when it was their turn to bowl...

In hope or expectation?:D
    Me? If you were referring to me, I already have tickets. :D If not ignore this. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)