Official Cricket thread (1 Viewer)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I can't believe India are not playing Sehwag as opener...Jaffer is simply not good enough...Yuvi should be dropped for Pathan to provide the extra quick bowler for Perth....on the current match, India really have only themselves to blame....if Kumble could stay at the wicket for such a long time, the top-order has absolutely no excuse....not even lasting 2 sessions is just downright pathetic....Umpiring was terrible too...the other teams should learn to do the war dance aka Australian appealing

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
What a test! Our part timers do the job lol. Umpiring was a disgrace its just becoming annoying now how many errors they do. I feel for Kumble simply outstanding all heart, not shaking benson's hand was funny. Gee these two teams hate each other a amazing test match. I hope India have some talent because once the warriors retire there better be some talent to cope with the losses.

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
I can't believe India are not playing Sehwag as opener...Jaffer is simply not good enough...Yuvi should be dropped for Pathan to provide the extra quick bowler for Perth....on the current match, India really have only themselves to blame....if Kumble could stay at the wicket for such a long time, the top-order has absolutely no excuse....not even lasting 2 sessions is just downright pathetic....Umpiring was terrible too...the other teams should learn to do the war dance aka Australian appealing
i think u r spot on but i dont w whether u watched the second innings played by india i think three decisions really cost us one was dravid which was clearly not out the other was just a digrace benson asking ponting whether the catch was taken or not and third dhoni leg before wicket was just a joke

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
What a test! Our part timers do the job lol. Umpiring was a disgrace its just becoming annoying now how many errors they do. I feel for Kumble simply outstanding all heart, not shaking benson's hand was funny. Gee these two teams hate each other a amazing test match. I hope India have some talent because once the warriors retire there better be some talent to cope with the losses.
yeah i hope too that the ageing players in australia once they retire have some young talent in their ranks

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
i think u r spot on but i dont w whether u watched the second innings played by india i think three decisions really cost us one was dravid which was clearly not out the other was just a digrace benson asking ponting whether the catch was taken or not and third dhoni leg before wicket was just a joke
I missed the Dhoni dismissal, but yes the Dravid decision was very bad indeed...Umpires before Benson have also taken the word of the fielder, but since there are TV replays then they have to be utilised for such marginal decisions...i remember the same thing happened with Pietersen vs India last summer and Dhoni vs West Indies

yeah i hope too that the ageing players in australia once they retire have some young talent in their ranks
it is scary to imagine but i think the Aussies are developing an even better pace attack...incredible to imagine that Nathan Bracken and Shaun Tait cannot get a game!

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
I missed the Dhoni dismissal, but yes the Dravid decision was very bad indeed...Umpires before Benson have also taken the word of the fielder, but since there are TV replays then they have to be utilised for such marginal decisions...i remember the same thing happened with Pietersen vs India last summer and Dhoni vs West Indies
but i cant understand how can a word f the fielder be taken most of the times the fielders dnt know if the ball as just infront of their hands or not

it is scary to imagine but i think the Aussies are developing an even better pace attack...incredible to imagine that Nathan Bracken and Shaun Tait cannot get a game!
i am not worried about bracken but tait is a good prospect but his action is another question mark like most bowlers he will have to test his action

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
The only problem i see with Australia in near future and behind is a quality spinner. We all know the umpiring was terrible but thats the way it is. But i think the thing that cost India was there mentality when batting even so they should have not lost 10 wickets in two sessions with or without bad decisions.

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
The only problem i see with Australia in near future and behind is a quality spinner. We all know the umpiring was terrible but thats the way it is. But i think the thing that cost India was there mentality when batting even so they should have not lost 10 wickets in two sessions with or without bad decisions.
yeah i agree with you that when dravid ganguly dhoni were playing well ponting introduced bucknor and benson who took crucial wickets of dravid ganguly and dhoni i think that did the trick and on many occasions bucknor and benson batted and bowled well

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
yeah i agree with you that when dravid ganguly dhoni were playing well ponting introduced bucknor and benson who took crucial wickets of dravid ganguly and dhoni i think that did the trick and on many occasions bucknor and benson batted and bowled well
There is nothing i can say to make you feel better. Ganguly was caught i do beleive there was no hint of ball touching ground how the umpire handled was wrong. Dravid didnt get near it i know but at first glance i thought it was out but of course after a reply i knew he wasent. Dhoni offered no shot and walking away from wicket i think that was fair but the R.P.Singh wicket was proberly not out. Especially how Benson wasent giving any LBW's especially like that one similar to the Kumble hat-trick ball.
You have got your wish Bucknor is out of next test Mr. Not out Bowden is in.

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
There is nothing i can say to make you feel better. Ganguly was caught i do beleive there was no hint of ball touching ground how the umpire handled was wrong. Dravid didnt get near it i know but at first glance i thought it was out but of course after a reply i knew he wasent. Dhoni offered no shot and walking away from wicket i think that was fair but the R.P.Singh wicket was proberly not out. Especially how Benson wasent giving any LBW's especially like that one similar to the Kumble hat-trick ball.
You have got your wish Bucknor is out of next test Mr. Not out Bowden is in.
i dont think clarke catch a was clear enough but if benson had got to the third umpire it would have been not out on dhoni i think again a large element of doubt because the ball didnt pitch in the line of the stumps if that had pitch line like the wicket harbhajan took of the clarke it was clear cut and R.P singh the doubt was that it was going over the top of the stump i just hope umpires that even if they make errors it even out during the game

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
i dont think clarke catch a was clear enough but if benson had got to the third umpire it would have been not out on dhoni i think again a large element of doubt because the ball didnt pitch in the line of the stumps if that had pitch line like the wicket harbhajan took of the clarke it was clear cut and R.P singh the doubt was that it was going over the top of the stump i just hope umpires that even if they make errors it even out during the game
I think if you offer no shot and just walk across like Dhoni you shouldnt get away with it. i think things will even out i wouldnt be surprised in 3rd Test India get a few lucky ones now too.

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
chak de india india won at perth and i am suprised thats it australia only defeat at home in four years anyway the series goes to adelaide and i hope to see another good match and hopefully india will win

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #376
    I didnt even bother watching the match:D.But he got the man of the match award.Scored 60 odd on 40 something balls i think.He's 18 years old.But even i could pawn Zimbabwe!

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    he played some cracking shots, but yes it was against Zimbabwe on a very placid Karachi track...lets see who knows he may be the solution...good luck to him :)

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #380
    Because Shoaib is made of glass.He hasnt regained full fitness.Plus the team needed new talent after the poor show against India.Shoaib is 32.So a replacement is needed.And there isnt a better way to give your young players a taste of International Cricket than against a team like Zimbabwe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)