Official Cannavaro's gone Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Real sign Cannavaro and Emerson
Italy's World Cup-winning captain Fabio Cannavaro
Cannavaro captained Italy to victory at the World Cup this month
Real Madrid have announced the signing of Italy World Cup-winning captain Fabio Cannavaro and Brazil midfielder Emerson from Juventus.

The pair, who have signed a two-year deal with a further one-year option, will link up with their former Juve boss Fabio Capello at the Bernebeu.

Spanish radio said the deal was worth a combined 20 million Euros (£13.7m)

Juventus were relegated from Serie A last week after the match-fixing scandal which rocked Italian football.

They will start the 2006/07 campaign in Serie B with a 30-point deficit.

Real are looking to rebuild after three years without a trophy and the pair are the first arrivals at Madrid since new president Ramon Calderon came to power earlier this month.

A statement on the club's website said: "Real Madrid can confirm it has reached an agreement with Juventus over the signing of Fabio Cannavaro and Emerson.

"The players are currently on holiday and will be presented at the Bernabeu after signing their respective contracts."
BBC

May 4, 2004
Great sig Ali... Did u come up with it yourself or read it somewhere... anyway, its true and great :D

about Canna, He is one of my fav players and the greatest defender right now...
no matter where he will be from next season, he will still be in my heart.. i would love it if he stayd with us in serie B...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Morra10 said:
ok i gave out mine.......35 million a horrible asking price for zambo and canna seeing how we bought buffon for 32 mill. if zambo and canna are leaving then together their asking price should be around 45.
Yes but times has changed... i dont think real will pay 30 and 30 for each one now :D

Altho that should be the price of this champions.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I guess we cannot blame Fabio for leaving, and the best defender in the world would naturally say no to playing in a second division league. Despite Cannavaro turning into a Capello lover himself, I still thank him for his contributions and respect him very much.

It's just a shame he will not even come close to being one of Juventus' great players.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
One of my dreams was to see Cannavaro in Juventus, and the day that he wore the Juventus jersey I was the happiest men alive!!

See him leave now, breaks my heart, but I guess he made the choise that was best for him.

Thanks Cannavaro, I will miss you, and I hope you succed in your new team, even if I hate that team with all my heart.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
I HATE MADRID.

That is the one squad in football I despise the most. They don't touch Milan, Inter or any of our Italian rivals for me. My whole heart despises the team.

I used to support Capello, until he stole Cannavaro from us. Irattional as it sounds, I just fucking hate the septic bollock. Cannvaro is gone. My god. The best defender this club has had in years.. possibly the best defender in italy for years is gone.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
He came in after the Legro-disaster and helped us for two straight scudetti. For that he shall always know that the Juventini are grateful. Glhf with the circus team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)