Official Azzurri WC2014 Thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I really hope we don't see Montolivo play. He has done nothing to deserve a spot in the starting XI this season.

JuveSardu

Nov 27, 2013
I think England will beat this Italy rather easily for a change.
Ahahaha

- - - Updated - - -

If face Spain, we need to go 352 or 3421, in the confed cup candreva and Maggio absolutely dominated their side, actually we should go 3421 from the start, we play better with that, if it's not working, you can easily transform into a 433 with this lineup
Buffon
Barzagli-De Rossi-Chiellini
Maggio-pirlo-marchisio-criscito
Candreva-Berardi
Balo

forzajuve_27

Apr 14, 2005
We need to play 3-5-2 always IMO, I think Prandelli's biggest problem is that he is stubborn and wants Italy to play 4-3-1-2 even though it doesn't always work.

Italy have a massive advantage over every other nation at the World Cup in that their whole defence play together week-in, week out at club level. No other nation will have the same understanding as Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci and Chiellini and Prandelli need to realise what a strength that is.

I don't know why but I've tipped it early on to be a Brazil vs Italy final with sadly Brazil winning.

I think Italy will play Spain in the quarters but this time will beat them as we are due a win and Prandelli won't make the same mistake that he made in the Euro Final.

VUCIMata10

Apr 5, 2013
Ahh like usual, everyone writing off Italy like we're no threat, always love that. When we played Germany in the euros the American commentators: "Germany should play with 10men to make it fair" "this isn't even going to be a game" :lol: and on and on they went.

You'll see, we'll have a good run

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Name me your preferred line-up @Joe?

Keep in mind that it's either a 4312 or 4321
If we're going to use a 4-3-1-2, I rather see Diamanti as the trequartista rather than Montolivo. I wouldn't want to see Montolivo in the trio midfield as well because he's a liability in defence. I think he's a good bench option for the Azzurri, but not for the starting XI. I just don't like his game very much.

Buffon
Maggio Barzagli Chiellini De Sciglio
De Rossi Pirlo Marchisio
Diamanti
Balotelli Rossi​

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Ahh like usual, everyone writing off Italy like we're no threat, always love that. When we played Germany in the euros the American commentators: "Germany should play with 10men to make it fair" "this isn't even going to be a game" :lol: and on and on they went.

You'll see, we'll have a good run
Dude. It's the Muricans man. They know shit about "soccer" as they call it. Over there, football is played using the arms and hands, and the most important guy, the QB, throws the fucking ball ffs!

Yuckerini

Sep 25, 2013
:tup:

Only thing I might change is having MDS at RB and move Criscito to LB.

But I'd still prefer to see Italy play a variation of the 3-5-2.
Giaccherini and Maggio as wingbacks

- - - Updated - - -

We need to play 3-5-2 always IMO, I think Prandelli's biggest problem is that he is stubborn and wants Italy to play 4-3-1-2 even though it doesn't always work.

Italy have a massive advantage over every other nation at the World Cup in that their whole defence play together week-in, week out at club level. No other nation will have the same understanding as Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci and Chiellini and Prandelli need to realise what a strength that is.

I don't know why but I've tipped it early on to be a Brazil vs Italy final with sadly Brazil winning.

I think Italy will play Spain in the quarters but this time will beat them as we are due a win and Prandelli won't make the same mistake that he made in the Euro Final.
yes next time we meet Spain their luck will run out and we will thrash them 3-0. it's been coming

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

It was terrible on Prandelli's part to switch from the 3-5-2 he used in the opening group match against Spain when Italy, arguably, outplayed them, to a sort of 4-4-2 for the final with which we were crushed. Biggest mistake of Euro 2012. An embarrassing one. Against certain teams the 3-5-2 won't work that well, but I, for one, think it works quite well against Spain, so I'd like to see us use it against them if we meet them in the WC. Perhaps not against sides like Argentina and Germany though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)