Official Azzurri WC2014 Thread (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuckerini

Sep 25, 2013
It was terrible on Prandelli's part to switch from the 3-5-2 he used in the opening group match against Spain when Italy, arguably, outplayed them, to a sort of 4-4-2 for the final with which we were crushed. Biggest mistake of Euro 2012. An embarrassing one. Against certain teams the 3-5-2 won't work that well, but I, for one, think it works quite well against Spain, so I'd like to see us use it against them if we meet them in the WC. Perhaps not against sides like Argentina and Germany though.
we used 4132/4312 vs Germany right? and also would you start bonucci as libero or De Rossi as Libero?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I think it was the 4-4-2 diamond shape against Germany. At least from what I recall. Prandelli only used the 3-5-2 in the first few group games due to injury. The problem with the 4-4-2 diamond, while the match remains scoreless or behind against a team like Spain is that it is quite a narrow formation, and SPain was playing with that false 9 look, quite wide. We conceded from wide play quite easily in the final, they stretched us out so easily. Playing Chiellini as a LB in a 4 man defense is absurd and should never have been done against Spain. The 3-5-2 was the perfect formation against Spain as it has the width to not be so susceptible to their attacking wing play, that's why we did so well against them in that group match.

I like the 4-1-3-2 against a team like Germany or Argentina. Most other sides in the tournament really. Even the 4-4-2 can work. Just not Spain. Perhaps not Brazil either.

Bonucci is in terrible form right now, but if he can get it together come WC time, I prefer him in that role. When he is playing well, with mistake free football like he did much of last year with Juve, he is an excellent choice. Otherwise De Rossi is fine.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Dude. It's the Muricans man. They know shit about "soccer" as they call it. Over there, football is played using the arms and hands, and the most important guy, the QB, throws the fucking ball ffs!
Ah yes of course. An entire nation can never possibly know anything about this sport. SOCCER.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Zac favourite for Italy job
By Football Italia staff

Current Japan manager Alberto Zaccheroni is the favourite to replace Cesare Prandelli on the Italy bench.

Prandelli’s contract is due to expire after the 2014 World Cup and he has not yet confirmed whether he’ll stay on.

According to Sport Mediaset, Zaccheroni is now the hot favourite to take over from August.

He has plenty of Serie A experience at Udinese, Milan, Inter and Juventus, while he has taken Japan to great success on the international stage.

Since sitting on the Japan bench in 2010, Zac has won the 2011 Asian Cup and secured qualification for the 2014 World Cup.

The other contenders are current Udinese Coach Francesco Guidolin and recently-sacked Milan tactician Massimiliano Allegri.

“The FIGC and Prandelli are monitoring the growth of the players,” Federation Vice-President Demetrio Albertini told Radio Crc.

“The World Cup in Brazil will certainly create some difficulties, but our organisation is continuing in the best way.

“We have been active for two years to help the players reach this competition in the best form. We want to be protagonists of a great tournament.”

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The FIGC can't be stupid enough to be fooled by him getting good results for Japan, who are basically the best team on the continent. Oh wait, of course they can...

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It's far too early in his career for Conte to consider it.
thought prandelli only had a year or two more of top level coaching experience when he got the job...

more importantly which other Italian candidate is really worthy of the position? Certainly not Zach or Allegri. Maybe Capello could be arsed if he quits russia this summer

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
thought prandelli only had a year or two more of top level coaching experience when he got the job...
Nah, he basically had about 10 years Serie A experience before he got the job, although he mostly rattled around mid/lower table clubs before he went to Roma then Fiorentina.

I just think that Conte's career is taking a far superior route, and if he ever left Juve it'd be for another European giant first. Maybe when he is about 55 he could take the job, but the lack of working with players would probably bore him to tears.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Zac for Prendelli would be the most retarded decision from FIGC since appointing Donadoni.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Zac favourite for Italy job
By Football Italia staff

Current Japan manager Alberto Zaccheroni is the favourite to replace Cesare Prandelli on the Italy bench.

Prandelli’s contract is due to expire after the 2014 World Cup and he has not yet confirmed whether he’ll stay on.

According to Sport Mediaset, Zaccheroni is now the hot favourite to take over from August.

He has plenty of Serie A experience at Udinese, Milan, Inter and Juventus, while he has taken Japan to great success on the international stage.

Since sitting on the Japan bench in 2010, Zac has won the 2011 Asian Cup and secured qualification for the 2014 World Cup.

The other contenders are current Udinese Coach Francesco Guidolin and recently-sacked Milan tactician Massimiliano Allegri.

“The FIGC and Prandelli are monitoring the growth of the players,” Federation Vice-President Demetrio Albertini told Radio Crc.

“The World Cup in Brazil will certainly create some difficulties, but our organisation is continuing in the best way.

“We have been active for two years to help the players reach this competition in the best form. We want to be protagonists of a great tournament.”
Guidolin in a heartbeat if it was up to me. Amazingly underrated.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Guidolin in a heartbeat if it was up to me. Amazingly underrated.
Agreed. Can't see it happen though, for some reason that guy is overly content with Udinese and sees them as the last chapter in his career. As if with them he's already on a retirement plan.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah, I'm not sure he could handle the bs that goes with the Azzurri, he has seemed like he is on the brink of a breakdown at the zero pressure zone that is Udinese.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Yeah, I'm not sure he could handle the bs that goes with the Azzurri, he has seemed like he is on the brink of a breakdown at the zero pressure zone that is Udinese.
True that, but would love to see a fairly left field choice like that :D Also someone that plays youth, plays a 3-5-2ish formation (which suits this generation of Italian players) and someone whose teams play generally good football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)