Official Azzurri WC2014 Thread (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
It's Costa Rica guys…No offence but I don't think anyone thought CR would pick up a point this tournament.

Costa Rica will be more accustomed to the climate but ultimately lack the quality compared to England. This game is a must win.
The problem is, Italy seems have a problems with a game like this. Remember match against NZ, Slovakia, and so on...
We should use our best player to ensure 3 points, before the last group match against Uruguay

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
It's Costa Rica guys…No offence but I don't think anyone thought CR would pick up a point this tournament.

Costa Rica will be more accustomed to the climate but ultimately lack the quality compared to England. This game is a must win.
This is Italy, Joe. Surely you know by now about their tendency to underestimate mediocre teams and play to their level? We've seen it countless times. And they have a bit of a bad recent history of "second game syndrome" at the past 3 or 4 World Cups. I hope the boys are taking nothing for granted and approach this game seriously.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
This is Italy, Joe. Surely you know by now about their tendency to underestimate mediocre teams and play to their level? We've seen it countless times. And they have a bit of a bad recent history of "second game syndrome" at the past 3 or 4 World Cups. I hope the boys are taking nothing for granted and approach this game seriously.
Very, very true.

They'll have to give it their all, plain and simple. They should go into this match respecting Costa Rica but not fearing them IMO.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I expect a typical Italian performance. Will largely control the game and probably get an early goal and sit on it from there. As always, a small hiccup and they could end up drawing.

I really do not expect a loss.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
so some interesting scenarios that has everyone in this group still alive

The good
Italy beats bout Costa Rica and Uruguay. England beats Costa Rica

Italy 9pts
England 3pts
Uruguay 3pts
Cost Rica 3pts
2nd place team wins on goal differential, Italy wins group

The scary
Italy beats Costa Rica / loses to Uruguay ** Costa Rica beats Engald

Italy 6pts
Uruguay 6pts
Costa Rica 6pts
England 0pts
**Top 2 go through on best goal differential

The other scenarios of Italy losing to Costa Rica and having to beat Uruguay is the ultimate unthinkable. But the most likely scenaries are the 2 above.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Hope Barzagli recovers till Uruguay game, because thought of Bonucci going up against Cavani and Suarez isnt really pleasant.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I want to get Costa Rica out of the way before I even think of the Uruguay.

If Italy get a 2 goal win against CR tomorrow, they're in a very good position to advancing the group and coming 1st.

I hope Abate is up for this. And Bonucci.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
so some interesting scenarios that has everyone in this group still alive

The good
Italy beats bout Costa Rica and Uruguay. England beats Costa Rica

Italy 9pts
England 3pts
Uruguay 3pts
Cost Rica 3pts
2nd place team wins on goal differential, Italy wins group

The scary
Italy beats Costa Rica / loses to Uruguay ** Costa Rica beats Engald

Italy 6pts
Uruguay 6pts
Costa Rica 6pts
England 0pts
**Top 2 go through on best goal differential

The other scenarios of Italy losing to Costa Rica and having to beat Uruguay is the ultimate unthinkable. But the most likely scenaries are the 2 above.
Nah, Italy will beat Costa Rica and draw or lose against Uruguay but it won't matter since Costa Rica won't be able to beat England either.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Its never comfortable when the only quality defender you have is rumoured not starting and looking as Italy's past records against mediocre teams, its valid for me to worry about Costa Rica more than England.

Its going to be close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)