Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (45 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
5 teams I don't want winning the World Cup:

1) England :yuck: :inter:
2) Germany (never really liked them)
3) France (cheating faggots; most of them aren't French anyway)
4) USA (I support the US in other sports, but their whole we are superior mentality, although not particularly prevalent in soccer/football, pisses me off)
5) Algeria (disgusting cunts)
:sergio:

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
It's all fun and games... until you meet us. :D

In all honesty, I think we'll get bummed by Brazil or Spain after the groups. Quarter finals I think. Ah well, on our day...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Azzurri to choke.

Laughable team.
Why do you say 'choke'?

Choking suggests that they will underperform considering the talent in the team.

I would suggest that Italy will only have underperformed if they fail to get out of the Group Stage. Last 16 or QF would be as much as could be expected from the current team, because they aren't a good side.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It's all fun and games... until you meet us. :D

In all honesty, I think we'll get bummed by Brazil or Spain after the groups. Quarter finals I think. Ah well, on our day...
It doesn't seem to have been getting a lot of coverage, but Spain have several injury concerns.

Iniesta has barely played since Xmas.

Fabregas is crocked.

Torres is crocked.

Xavi has been playing in recent weeks with a 3cm muscle tear above his calf.

So Spain may be slightly vulnerable early in the tournament.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
But there's always Alonso, Capel, Navas, Senna and Busquests who are surely not at the same level of those you mentioned earlier but they can get the job done when needed.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Azzurri to choke.

Laughable team.
And do you know the doom we will be in if they do well? Let alone if they win.

I think Juventus will be the most doomed team if Italy win the World Cup, we'll be stuck with a team that has lots of World Cup winners again but when it comes to domestic anc continental challenges they are rubbish.

Yes, I used doom here because it applies well.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
5 teams I don't want winning the World Cup:

4) USA (I support the US in other sports, but their whole we are superior mentality, although not particularly prevalent in soccer/football, pisses me off)
So you support USA in sports where they're (often justifiably) arrogant, but in the one major sport where they're reasonably humble, you refuse to support them because they're arrogant in the sports where you do support them and you don't like that. Riiiight. :crazy:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Why do you say 'choke'?

Choking suggests that they will underperform considering the talent in the team.

I would suggest that Italy will only have underperformed if they fail to get out of the Group Stage. Last 16 or QF would be as much as could be expected from the current team, because they aren't a good side.
Regardless of the players they'll be fielding, Italy is always regarded as a great team. So them going out early could be considered as choking.
In fact, I've already heard a few guys predicting that they're going to win the entire thing again.

On paper, I can't see them going far. But I have learned never to underestimate teams like Italy. Same goes for Germany: they always manage to perform, even when the players themselves aren't all that.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I agree Italy could still go far.

JBF has been advertising my views on the matter via his sig for a while.

I quite fancy this German team. I may put a few quid on them to win the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)