Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
ITALIA(4-3-3) - Amelia; Zambrotta, Cannavaro, Chiellini, Dossena; Gattuso, De Rossi, Montolivo; Pepe, Gilardino, Di Natale

Why Chiellini?Couldn't he field Gamberini?And convocating Pepe is like convocating Molinaro.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
ITALIA(4-3-3) - Amelia; Zambrotta, Cannavaro, Chiellini, Dossena; Gattuso, De Rossi, Montolivo; Pepe, Gilardino, Di Natale

Why Chiellini?Couldn't he field Gamberini?And convocating Pepe is like convocating Molinaro.
Why Chiellini ?

I just heard the answer for that question on a Bulgarian TV station where the reporter said "Lippi decided Chiellini to mark Berbatov"

:)

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Why Chiellini ?

I just heard the answer for that question on a Bulgarian TV station where the reporter said "Lippi decided Chiellini to mark Berbatov"

:)
Yeah,sounds reasonable.I just though he could use a little rest after all the games with us.Remember his injury?

;)
Chiellini this game and Gamberini for next, I guess.
As long as Giorgio doesn't start both games I can live with it.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Me too. Plus, I'm sure Lippi is cautious of his injury so it's best he plays earlier on and gets a longer rest.
Yeah.
Also, considering all the missings in Italy, the Bulgarians will try to take this chance and they'll go for the win.
Bulgaria has a very weak defense and ok midfield but the main power of this team is in the attack where Martin Petrov operates on the left side and Berbatov plays in the center.
In order to stop a strong and technical guy like Berbatov, Lippi knows that he'll need Chiellini, even if he's not at 100%.

Montenegro also has a tall and technical player up-front (Vucinic), but it's a home match against a weaker opponent so Lippi can take the risk and play someone else instead of Giorgio. But today he needs the best in defense.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
So Azzurri did go back to the old system, where starters take numbers from 1 to 11.

I wonder if Don Lippi has anything to do with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)