Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Lippi named the squad for the friendly against Greece.
Again Del Piero wasn't called.

Italy squad:
Curci (Siena), De Sanctis (Galatasaray)

Bonera (Milan), Cannavaro (Real Madrid), Chiellini (Juventus), Dossena (Liverpool), Gamberini (Fiorentina), Grosso (Lyon), Legrottaglie (Juventus)

Camoranesi (Juventus), D'Agostino (Udinese), De Rossi (Roma), Gattuso (Milan), Maggio (Napoli), Montolivo (Fiorentina), Perrotta (Roma)

Gilardino (Fiorentina), Iaquinta (Juventus), Pepe (Udinese), Quagliarella (Udinese), Rossi (Villarreal), Toni (Bayern Munich)

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
Ален;1807110 said:
Lippi named the squad for the friendly against Greece.
Again Del Piero wasn't called.

Italy squad:
Curci (Siena), De Sanctis (Galatasaray)

Bonera (Milan), Cannavaro (Real Madrid), Chiellini (Juventus), Dossena (Liverpool), Gamberini (Fiorentina), Grosso (Lyon), Legrottaglie (Juventus)

Camoranesi (Juventus), D'Agostino (Udinese), De Rossi (Roma), Gattuso (Milan), Maggio (Napoli), Montolivo (Fiorentina), Perrotta (Roma)

Gilardino (Fiorentina), Iaquinta (Juventus), Pepe (Udinese), Quagliarella (Udinese), Rossi (Villarreal), Toni (Bayern Munich)
:eek: I'm very surprised, why DP wasn't called??? instead of pepe for example. What's wrong with Lippi?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Btw, again Juve is the team that gives most players to the nazionale.

Juve 4
Udinese 3
Fiorentina 3
Roma 2
Milan 2
Siena 1
Napoli 1

It's interesting that 6 players from the list play abroad. Something like this didn't happen in a long time.

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
Ален;1807138 said:
Btw, again Juve is the team that gives most players to the nazionale.

Juve 4
Udinese 3
Fiorentina 3
Roma 2
Milan 2
Siena 1
Napoli 1
add to them Buffon and DP they will be called in the later officials no doubt

I just wonder why Pepe was called second consecutive time

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Marcello Lippi sees Italy's friendly with Greece as an “important test”, as he looks to equal the world record of 31 games unbeaten.

The Azzurri's victory over Montenegro last month extended the run to 30 games without defeat under Lippi, equalling the record of the great Vittorio Pozzo.

And now Lippi could match the world record, held by ex-Argentina tactician Alfio Basile and former Spain Coach Javier Clemente

“During this unbeaten period we have secured some very important wins and built a new group,” Lippi told journalists.

“Today and tomorrow we will work as a team and the game on Wednesday could be another important step in our development.

“Gaetano D'Agostino is a new face. I like him and he is doing well.

“As for the exclusion of Alessandro Del Piero, I have talked to him about it and made things clear.

“Alex is still Juventus' talisman and is one of those players who has extraordinary psychological and technical ability.”

Lippi also took time to give his view on the latest set of results in Serie A.

“In the end, there won't be eight challengers, but maybe five or six,” he said.

“Udinese and Napoli lost yesterday but they have shown that they have important characteristics. And we can hope that Roma will also join the race.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is outstanding.

Forza Don Lippi!

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Come on, if Ze Tahir managed to answer that question so could you :D
:D Alright.

I was born in Siberia (Russia), then moved to Moscow, stayed there for 6 years.
My father is half Turkish half Russian, my mother is French Algerian. I lived in Monaco until I was 13, I spent couple of summers in Cuba where my dad worked, then we went to Azerbaijan for 2 and a half years, then to Cyprus where my parents still live and now I'm in Canada chilling.

phew

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Eℓvin;1808206 said:
:D Alright.

I was born in Siberia (Russia), then moved to Moscow, stayed there for 6 years.
My father is half Turkish half Russian, my mother is French Algerian. I lived in Monaco until I was 13, I spent couple of summers in Cuba where my dad worked, then we went to Azerbaijan for 2 and a half years, then to Cyprus where my parents still live and now I'm in Canada chilling.

phew
:wth:

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
it looks like the Italy v Ireland game on the 1st of april is going to be in Bari now.

Iam going to the Ireland v Bulgaria game the previous saturday and then fly out from dublin as far as i can see there are no direct flights to bari from dublin so it looks like naples is the closest direct flight then travel by train to bari.

after the game on wednesday i am going to make my way up to turin for the juve v chievo game that weekend.

anybody have any advice if naples is the nearest city for direct flights from dublin and any local info on bari.

i know juve a have a strong following in southern italy so hopefully with conte and landzafame on bari's books the locals have a strong affection for juve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)