Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2008
it looks like the Italy v Ireland game on the 1st of april is going to be in Bari now.

Iam going to the Ireland v Bulgaria game the previous saturday and then fly out from dublin as far as i can see there are no direct flights to bari from dublin so it looks like naples is the closest direct flight then travel by train to bari.

after the game on wednesday i am going to make my way up to turin for the juve v chievo game that weekend.

anybody have any advice if naples is the nearest city for direct flights from dublin and any local info on bari.

i know juve a have a strong following in southern italy so hopefully with conte and landzafame on bari's books the locals have a strong affection for juve
So jealous :p

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
Italy to wear 1930s shirt

Marcello Lippi's Italy side will wear a special 1930s-style shirt for this summer's Confederations Cup.

The eighth edition of the Confederations Cup will take place in South Africa between June 14 and 18.

Italy will be involved as World Cup holders, along with 2010 hosts South Africa, European champions Spain, Copa America winners Brazil, Asian Cup victors Iraq, Egypt, who won the African Cup of Nations, OFC Nations Cup winners New Zealand and Gold Cup holders the USA.

The Azzurri will face Brazil, the USA and Egypt in Group B and Puma have made a special shirt for the occasion.

The kit will be similar to that worn by Vittorio Pozzo's side - the Coach whose unbeaten record Lippi has broken.

The shirt will be a different shade of blue with diagonal faded stripes in the background and will have a V-neck and a bigger badge.

Meanwhile, Italy's friendly against Brazil at the Emirates Stadium next Tuesday is sold out.

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
Italy to wear 1930s shirt

Marcello Lippi's Italy side will wear a special 1930s-style shirt for this summer's Confederations Cup.

The eighth edition of the Confederations Cup will take place in South Africa between June 14 and 18.

Italy will be involved as World Cup holders, along with 2010 hosts South Africa, European champions Spain, Copa America winners Brazil, Asian Cup victors Iraq, Egypt, who won the African Cup of Nations, OFC Nations Cup winners New Zealand and Gold Cup holders the USA.

The Azzurri will face Brazil, the USA and Egypt in Group B and Puma have made a special shirt for the occasion.

The kit will be similar to that worn by Vittorio Pozzo's side - the Coach whose unbeaten record Lippi has broken.

The shirt will be a different shade of blue with diagonal faded stripes in the background and will have a V-neck and a bigger badge.

Meanwhile, Italy's friendly against Brazil at the Emirates Stadium next Tuesday is sold out.
cool shirt

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Players to face Montenegro and Rep.of Ireland

Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus), Amelia (Palermo), De Sanctis (Galatasaray);

Defenders: Bocchetti (Genoa), Cannavaro (Real Madrid), Chiellini (Juventus), Dossena (Liverpool), Gamberini (Fiorentina), Grosso (Olympique Lyon), Motta (Roma), Zambrotta (Milan);

Midfielders: Brighi (Roma), De Rossi (Roma), Foggia (Lazio), Montolivo (Fiorentina), Palombo (Sampdoria), Pepe (Udinese), Pirlo (Milan);

Forwards: Di Natale (Udinese), Iaquinta (Juventus), Pazzini (Sampdoria), Quagliarella (Udinese), Rossi (Villarreal).

Del Piero, expectedly, isn't called again.
I really dislike how stubborn Lippi is not to call Cassano. If there were some misunderstandings in the past, Lippi should put them behind him because Del Piero aside, Cassano is head and shoulders above all the other attackers Italy has at the moment.

P.S: Looking at the called players, this must be the weakest Italian team in decades.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
... and old/slow/lazy as fuck.

I feel no excitement whatsoever watching this Azzurri. For the first time in years I'm not looking forward to it...

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
I'm VERY happy to see Bocchetti,Motta,Palombo&Pazzini convocated.Foggia isn't too shabby neither.

I don't like Pepe,Quagliarella&Di Natale though.I'd have prefered D'Agostino over Brighi.Cassano not convocated is a scandal.

@Elvin:Who is old exactly?I counted about 5 without goalkeepers.I'm really looking forward to the "new" Azzurri.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Buffon
Motta Gamberini Chiellini Zambrotta
De Rossi Palombo Pirlo
Iaquinta Pazzini Rossi

Doesn't look too bad IMO.New players are needed so I don't really know why you're complaining.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Marceℓℓo;1937813 said:
Buffon
De Rossi Palombo Pirlo
Iaquinta Pazzini Rossi

Doesn't look too bad IMO.New players are needed so I don't really know why you're complaining.
Nah, apart from Cassano and Del Piero, i don't think that Lippi even had some choice, considering how Gattuso, Camoranesi, Aquilani, Toni etc are injured.
But the lack of quality and lack of international experience is really scarry.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Players to face Montenegro and Rep.of Ireland

Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus), Amelia (Palermo), De Sanctis (Galatasaray);

Defenders: Bocchetti (Genoa), Cannavaro (Real Madrid), Chiellini (Juventus), Dossena (Liverpool), Gamberini (Fiorentina), Grosso (Olympique Lyon), Motta (Roma), Zambrotta (Milan);

Midfielders: Brighi (Roma), De Rossi (Roma), Foggia (Lazio), Montolivo (Fiorentina), Palombo (Sampdoria), Pepe (Udinese), Pirlo (Milan);

Forwards: Di Natale (Udinese), Iaquinta (Juventus), Pazzini (Sampdoria), Quagliarella (Udinese), Rossi (Villarreal).

Del Piero, expectedly, isn't called again.
I really dislike how stubborn Lippi is not to call Cassano. If there were some misunderstandings in the past, Lippi should put them behind him because Del Piero aside, Cassano is head and shoulders above all the other attackers Italy has at the moment.

P.S: Looking at the called players, this must be the weakest Italian team in decades.
Montolivo in the squad is a bad joke and Quag isnt good enough... especially when you have Cassano (crazy as he is) sitting at home

Marceℓℓo;1937813 said:
Buffon
De Rossi Palombo Pirlo
Iaquinta Pazzini Rossi

since when is Gamberini better than Canna ??

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Balzaretti deserve's a call. He's been playing really great for the past few months and I'd say he's better at the moment than Dossena or Zambrotta. I don't know if lippi really was watching those two lately or not but they've been awfull

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Nah, apart from Cassano and Del Piero, i don't think that Lippi even had some choice, considering how Gattuso, Camoranesi, Aquilani, Toni etc are injured.
But the lack of quality and lack of international experience is really scarry.
Of course they aren't as experienced as Maldini but they gotta start gaining experience at some point,don't you think?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Marceℓℓo;1937819 said:
Of course they aren't as experienced as Maldini but they gotta start gaining experience at some point,don't you think?
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :lol:
I don't say otherwise. I'm just shocked how weak this team is at the moment. It might and it will change probably if these youngsters (+Giovinco, Marchisio) develop as expected and gain more experience, but at the moment this team is far far behind the best teams in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)