Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (74 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Yeah, no idea why Pepe is in there.

Again it would behoove Italy to call up Amauri.
Agree,Amauri is welcome.At least by me.Italy needs someone who is tall and able to score.
Pepe over Cassano !!

Lippi :melayyanandmessi:
That was a poor choice indeed.He prefered Pepe because of "tactical reasons".

:rolleyes:
Imagine the reactions if it was Donadoni who called Pepe to the NT and gave him full 90 minutes.
So far Lippi isn't any better than Donadoni.Italy didn't convince me once since he returned and his call-ups/formations are pretty poor aswell IMO.

ajoz

Sep 22, 2008
Pepe 7.0: He proved just why Lippi called him up to the national team. He was superb down the right and battled away all night. His crossing was dangerous and he had the quick feet and brain to keep the ball rolling in every sense.
and that was from fuckin goal.com..:crazy:

Sep 14, 2003
It was a dire performance that is, in some sections of the press, being treated as an especially good result. This game was more than winable IMO.

Pepe was average at best, yet gets picked while Cassano doesn't. I really hope Lippi doesn't become another generic geriatric Italian coach.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
So far Lippi isn't any better than Donadoni.Italy didn't convince me once since he returned and his call-ups/formations are pretty poor aswell IMO.
This brings me back to something we talked about earlier.
Is the problem with the coach(es) or with the available players ?

There is a change of generations going on and the younger players do not posses the quality of their predecessors. There is no Nesta, Totti, Maldini, Ferrara.
Del Piero, Inzaghi, Cannavaro, Toni, Zambrotta, Gattuso, Camoranesi, even Pirlo, aren't as good anymore and the younger guys who were supposed to replace them are far from being as good as them.

Granted, both Donadoni and Lippi made 1-2 strange choices but even if they go with the best they have, i doubt that they'll achieve much.
This is not a club where the owner will buy you the players you need. You work with what you have and what Lippi has atm is far from world class.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
This brings me back to something we talked about earlier.
Is the problem with the coach(es) or with the available players ?

There is a change of generations going on and the younger players do not posses the quality of their predecessors. There is no Nesta, Totti, Maldini, Ferrara.
Del Piero, Inzaghi, Cannavaro, Toni, Zambrotta, Gattuso, Camoranesi, even Pirlo, aren't as good anymore and the younger guys who were supposed to replace them are far from being as good as them.

Granted, both Donadoni and Lippi made 1-2 strange choices but even if they go with the best they have, i doubt that they'll achieve much.
This is not a club where the owner will buy you the players you need. You work with what you have and what Lippi has atm is far from world class.
I think the problem aren't the available players.

You're right when you say that the old generation (Toni,Gattuso...) aren't getting any younger and their performances start to drop,no-one can doubt that.
They were all great players and won the WC but the new generation needs to step up now.If it was up to me,I'd convocate half of the U21 for the WC qualifiers so they would have 2 years time to grow for the WC 2010.Add a few experienced and irreplaceable players to the list such as Buffon,Chiellini et cetera and there you go.

If Italy/Lippi won't start risking something they will have to introduce the new generation after the WC 2010,which is too late.I fear that the Perrotta's and Toni's still will be called-upor the WC 2010.Italy had the oldest squad at the EC,that should be reason enough to rejuvenate the squad.Italy was the Milan of Europe at the EC.The problem in Italy is that they are scared to rely on the youth.

I'd like to see a totally changed team for the WC 2010.

Keeper: Buffon,Amelia,Viviano

Defenders: Chiellini,Santacroce,De Ceglie,Maggio,Gamberini,Motta,Paolo Cannavaro(?),De Silvestri

Midfielders: Marchisio,Aquilani,De Rossi,Montolivo,Pirlo,Giovinco,Camoranesi

Striker: Rossi,Cassano,Gilardino,Amauri,Balotelli

Then there are players like Cigarini,Gasbarroni,Carrozzieri,Floccari,Foggia,Acquafresca who might should get a chance in the near future IMO.

The players I "convocated" certainly aren't as strong as the Pirlo's and Toni's in their prime,still they might have as much potential.

I see loads of potential in the mentioned players so yeah,I blame the coaches;Donadoni and Lippi.I think they're afraid of letting Di Natale,Toni,Gattuso et cetera at home,the media would go crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 74)