Official Azzurri (Italy) Euro 2008 Thread (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I want wats best for our players & what makes them happy and i'm sure both Chiellini & Alex would love the chance to go to Euro2008.. If not for anything than they deserve the right recognition for their performances.. I've been on a few Azzurri forums and Milan, Inter & Roma fans alike are cursing Donadoni
I wasn't talking about the EURO. I was talking about these annoying friendlies in the middle of the season, and about the Spain-Italy friendly in particular.

I wouldn't like our players to miss out on the EURO. It always feels special watching our guys playing for their NT's.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
How many International matches will be played before the Euro?
This is the last test.

1 or 2 weeks before the EURO, they will play few friendly matches but the squads will already be known by then and only the called players for the EURO will play on these pre-EURO matches.

Sep 26, 2007
I think its important for the players to play in the friendlies because it makes for a stronger squad for the Euros especially against good NTs like Spain.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
This is the last test.

1 or 2 weeks before the EURO, they will play few friendly matches but the squads will already be known by then and only the called players for the EURO will play on these pre-EURO matches.
Ah ok.

well, fuck you donadoni. I think i'm starting an anti donadoni group pretty soon

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I think Chiellini will make it at the end.
Donadoni, like every other coach at the EURO, will take 4 centre-backs, and only 3 of them are secure, Materazzi, Cannavaro, Barzagli (all 3 of them playing much much worse than Giorgio this year).
Even for the Spain friendly he called 3 cb's, which means the 4th spot is still open. I really can;t see anyone else but Chiellini taking this place. Even Donadoni with his "genious" decissions can't find another CB (unless he plans to take Pannucci and use him both as a RB and CB back up)

But Del Piero's situation is more critical. :(

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I never thought I'd say this, I've been Azzurri supporter since 1994 following all their matches even friendlies....but I'm afraid I wont feel like watching Donadoni coaching this team without undeserved call for Alex.

I know some of you might laugh, but thats a fact.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
I never thought I'd say this, I've been Azzurri supporter since 1994 following all their matches even friendlies....but I'm afraid I wont feel like watching Donadoni coaching this team without undeserved call for Alex.

I know some of you might laugh, but thats a fact.
It's understandable. I know I'll still watch their games and support them 100%, but something will be missing. As a matter of fact, I won't be as disappointed if they were to exit because it will mean Donadoni's out of a job.

Sep 26, 2007
I want Azzurri to win and will be more than disappointed if we go out. Id rather win Euro 08 than get rid of Rob Don.
:agree:

I will be devastated if the Azzurri go out rather than win Euro 08 especially since I am attending. I have my tickets already for Switzerland and Austria. So lets go Azzurri. Who cares about what happens to Donadoni as much I hate him.

Forza Azzurri :heart:

May 22, 2007

I will be devastated if the Azzurri go out rather than win Euro 08 especially since I am attending. I have my tickets already for Switzerland and Austria. So lets go Azzurri. Who cares about what happens to Donadoni as much I hate him.

Forza Azzurri :heart:
Cool, what game(s) are you going to see while you are there?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I think Chiellini will make it at the end.
Donadoni, like every other coach at the EURO, will take 4 centre-backs, and only 3 of them are secure, Materazzi, Cannavaro, Barzagli (all 3 of them playing much much worse than Giorgio this year).
Even for the Spain friendly he called 3 cb's, which means the 4th spot is still open. I really can;t see anyone else but Chiellini taking this place. Even Donadoni with his "genious" decissions can't find another CB (unless he plans to take Pannucci and use him both as a RB and CB back up)

But Del Piero's situation is more critical. :(
I agree Chiellini deserves the spot. And Leggro or Gamberini should replace Barzagli he is crap these days.

Sep 26, 2007
I agree Chiellini deserves the spot. And Leggro or Gamberini should replace Barzagli he is crap these days.
Barzagli actually performs well for the Azzurri so I don't mind him getting the spot. Although I really think Chiellini should be called up. I have hope that Donadoni will bring him to the Euro 08 if he doesn't he is just :crazy: .

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Barzagli actually performs well for the Azzurri so I don't mind him getting the spot. Although I really think Chiellini should be called up. I have hope that Donadoni will bring him to the Euro 08 if he doesn't he is just :crazy: .
And I meant that if Italy go out of the Euro's then there will at least be something slightly positive about it. Of course I want them to go all the way.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Barzagli can stop players and is a fine tackler but his positional sense is poor and with him on the field our defense is unorganized. A perfect example was the italy-scotland match.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
εℓvίn;1597082 said:
I think I'm actually rooting for Spain in this game...
I would be doing that if i thought that Donadoni would be replaced for a loss. But nope if the azzurri lose this and the one against belgium 20-0 i don't think he will get the sack so i am rooting for the azzurri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)