Official Azzurri (Italy) Euro 2008 Thread (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Jul 2, 2006
  • Thread Starter #541
    Who the fuck is Di Natale?Panucci is a dottardo.it is obvious Grosso is another player who screwed by merdazzurri.Where is Chiellini?Where is Del Piero?Why is De Rossi numero 10?Berlusconi is not a great tactician btw.Italia have a lot of problems before Euro 2002.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
    Panucci was by far the worst player on the pitch IMO.He should never ever get a call-up again. He added absolutely NOTHING offensively.Just hang up your boots before the Euro 2008 so Donadoni can't call you up,Christian.
    My man of the match was without a doubt Camoranesi. He was all over the place. Pitty he didn't manage to score. Other Azzurri players who impressed me were Grosso and De Rossi.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    Panucci was by far the worst player on the pitch IMO.He should never ever get a call-up again. He added absolutely NOTHING offensively.Just hang up your boots before the Euro 2008 so Donadoni can't call you up,Christian.
    My man of the match was without a doubt Camoranesi. He was all over the place. Pitty he didn't manage to score. Other Azzurri players who impressed me were Grosso and De Rossi.
    we should just take de silvestri :p

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Can someone really explain to me how this man will survive without the likes of Del Piero and Totti in his squad?

And I'm not judging this Italy only in this match. Since he started coaching Italy, what kind of boring formation is that? Even the boring capello 4-4-2 is way better comparing to this one.

Tonight was obvious that this man will not even make an impact without the likes of Del Piero. FFS, who is Di Natale and Quarg and even Boriello? What diff can they make on the pitch?

Di Natale, Boriello and Quarg aren't even better than Cassano either... so how on earth they're ahead of Del Piero?? It was obvious why Camoranesi was soo angry tonight, nothing was worth watching.

Apart from Del Piero, why on earth didn't Chiellini make it?

Somebody shoot this mother fucker.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
    Not even better than cassano? What is that supposed to mean? Are you actually suggesting DP should be called up ahead of cassano? I agree with you on everything else but come on. DP should of started tonight. But when it comes down to it, cassano is the better option. Please, don't compare him with di natale.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
    I would call-up the following team for the Euro's after seing all the matches of the Azzurri:

Goalkeepers: Buffon,Amelia,Consigli

Defenders: Chiellini,Cannavaro,Barzagli,Oddo,Grosso,Zaccardo;Gamberini,Zambrotta

Midfielders: Aquilani,De Rossi,Gattuso,Pirlo,Camoranesi,Perrotta,Montolivo

Strickers: Toni,Del Piero,Iaquinta,Cassano,Giuseppe Rossi

What do you guys think or what would you change?

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Gattuso was worse than Panucci.

Camo was very good, as was De Rossi.

Can someone really explain to me how this man will survive without the likes of Del Piero and Totti in his squad?

And I'm not judging this Italy only in this match. Since he started coaching Italy, what kind of boring formation is that? Even the boring capello 4-4-2 is way better comparing to this one.

Tonight was obvious that this man will not even make an impact without the likes of Del Piero. FFS, who is Di Natale and Quarg and even Boriello? What diff can they make on the pitch?

Di Natale, Boriello and Quarg are even better than Cassano either... so how on earth they're ahead of Del Piero?? It was obvious why Camoranesi was soo angry tonight, nothing was worth watching.

Apart from Del Piero, why on earth didn't Chiellini make it?
    :tup:

Jun 13, 2007
    I would choose Cassano over Di Natale in a heartbeat . Cassano is a creative and Interesting player , he can add a lot to the squad .

I simply cannot understand how Quaggy gets the call-up over Del piero . He has barely impressed at all this season while Del piero has had an excellent season .

Maybe the only player I would accept having is Borriello as I think he is the best backup for Toni .

This would be my team for Euro 2008

Zambro --------- Chiellini - Canna - ----------Grosso

----------- ------------Pirlo-----------------
    -------Gatusso/Aquilani ------De Rossi ----------

--------------------Camo------------------------------
    --------------------------Toni------Del piero/Cassano---------------

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
    I would call-up the following team for the Euro's after seing all the matches of the Azzurri:

Defenders: Chiellini,Cannavaro,Barzagli,Oddo,Grosso,Zaccardo;Gamberini,Zambrotta

abbiati for consigli
    Matrix for Gamberini
    legro for barzagli
    rossi isn't eligable so I would bring gilla.

Other than that I wouldn't change much.

Jun 13, 2007

I like the Idea of G.Rossi playing but realistically he won;t get chosen . If i were up to me I would choose that attack line .

I like the defense but as much as I HATE to say it , Materrazzi is a better option than Barzagli unfortunately .

I agree completely with the midfield .
    As for the goalkeepers , I would choose Sereni as third goalkeeper .

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    How did the Azzurri forwards do tonight? Judging by the posts I'm gonna assume not well.

When this squad was announced on Saturday I said to my friends that Italy's Euro 08 hopes don't look good. I'm not asking for both Del Piero and Cassano but one of them is necessary. This team lacks a real match winner as Quagliarella, Di Natale and Iaquinta are not big time players. They may be able to get the job done for Udinese but the NT is a completely different thing. Donadoni is a fool to overlook Del Piero's class and experience and Cassano's only problem is his head because he's much better at football than the support strikers in the current squad.

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006

Keepers:Instead of Consigli i'd get Abbiati or Curci, maybe even De Sanctis.

Defenders: Materazzi instead of Gamberini, and instead of Zaccardo maybe a surprise name.

Midfielders: Not sure about Montolivo, hasn't performed highly on a consistent level with Fiorentina this season, might be a bit early to put him into the national team. Not sure who to include instead, but i'm sure there are better options around. Who knows maybe Giovinco can surprise us all, as we could use a player who drifts to the left

Strikers: We need more than one finisher, so i wouldn't mind Borrielo being called up, as he has had quite a good season.

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    How did the Azzurri forwards do tonight? Judging by the posts I'm gonna assume not well.

When this squad was announced on Saturday I said to my friends that Italy's Euro 08 hopes don't look good. I'm not asking for both Del Piero and Cassano but one of them is necessary. This team lacks a real match winner as Quagliarella, Di Natale and Iaquinta are not big time players. They may be able to get the job done for Udinese but the NT is a completely different thing. Donadoni is a fool to overlook Del Piero's class and experience and Cassano's only problem is his head because he's much better at football than the support strikers in the current squad.
    Toni had a goal incorrectly disallowed, but apart from that was quiet

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)