Official Azzurri (Italy) Euro 2008 Thread (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
convocati:

Portieri: Buffon (Juventus), Amelia (Livorno);

Difensori: Barzagli (Palermo), Cannavaro (Real Madrid), Grosso (Lione), Materazzi (Inter), Panucci (Roma), Oddo (Milan), Zambrotta (Barcellona);

Centrocampisti: Ambrosini (Milan), Aquilani (Roma), Camoranesi (Juventus), De Rossi (Roma), Gattuso (Milan), Perrotta (Roma), Pirlo (Milan);

Attaccanti: Borriello (Genoa), Di Natale (Udinese), Iaquinta (Juventus),
Quagliarella (Udinese), Toni (Bayern Monaco)

Chazz

natobiaconero
Nov 15, 2007
No del piero or chielo, gattuso has been of form for the whole season and pirlo most of the season. grosso? Panucci he either played the last 5mins or didnt play at all. Iaquinta? Dp has been in better form

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Gattuso and Pirlo should have been rightly called up.They are great players and a season alone does not make them poor.Del Piero's ommition is somewhat understandable as he publicly stated that he didnt want to play as a midfielder in Donadino's lineup,so he's probably been left out because of this.Stupid reason,but every person holds grudges.This is one that Donadoni will hold.

Giorgio's ommition is mind boggling though.He has been one of the league's best defenders so far,and for him to left out is really weird.He should have been called up instead of Materazzi.I dont dislike Materazzi,and his Inter jersey doesnt bother me,but Giorgio warranted a place over him.

Screw you Donadoni.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I can imagine how frustrated Azzuri fans are. And indeed, Donadoni is a clueless idiot.
But for the rest of us, Chiellini and Alex not being called for the NT, not risking an injury and staying at home resting, is a music to our ears.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Has Donadoni been smoking crack? Grosso and Panucci ahead of Chiellini?
Quag and Iaquinta ahead of Del Pie? The only good aspect of how bad Italy is gonna do at the euros, will be that Donadoni will get axe. I hope birds shit on his car today!

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Italy: Borriello to face Spain
Saturday 22 March, 2008

Roberto Donadoni has named his Italy squad to face Spain with Marco Borriello, but Alessandro Del Piero, Antonio Cassano and Alberto Gilardino are out.

This is one of only two planned warm-up friendlies ahead of Euro 2008 and will take place in Spain on Wednesday night.

Gigi Buffon and Mauro Camoranesi are recalled after missing recent games with injury, while Capocannoniere Borriello of Genoa receives his second call.

However, it now looks extremely unlikely that Del Piero, Cassano or Gilardino will have a chance of breaking into the squad for the summer tournament in Austria and Switzerland.

The Azzurri will unite at the Stadio Meazza in Milan on Monday afternoon and fly out to Alicante on Tuesday for the match, which kicks off at the Luis Valero stadium in Elche at 21.00 UK time.

The other friendly will be on May 30 at the Stadio Franchi in Florence against Belgium.

Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus), Amelia (Livorno)
Defenders: Barzagli (Palermo), Cannavaro (Real Madrid), Grosso (Lyon), Materazzi (Inter), Panucci (Roma), Oddo (Milan), Zambrotta (Barcelona)
Midfielders: Ambrosini (Milan), Aquilani (Roma), Camoranesi (Juventus), De Rossi (Roma), Gattuso (Milan), Perrotta (Roma), Pirlo (Milan)
Forwards: Borriello (Genoa), Di Natale (Udinese), Iaquinta (Juventus), Quagliarella (Udinese), Toni (Bayern Munich).

Chazz

natobiaconero
Nov 15, 2007
Gattuso and Pirlo should have been rightly called up.They are great players and a season alone does not make them poor.Del Piero's ommition is somewhat understandable as he publicly stated that he didnt want to play as a midfielder in Donadino's lineup,so he's probably been left out because of this.Stupid reason,but every person holds grudges.This is one that Donadoni will hold.

Giorgio's ommition is mind boggling though.He has been one of the league's best defenders so far,and for him to left out is really weird.He should have been called up instead of Materazzi.I dont dislike Materazzi,and his Inter jersey doesnt bother me,but Giorgio warranted a place over him.

Screw you Donadoni.
Didnt say they are poor was just trying to understand his selection policy most of those players are not on form and pirlo said he was tired, both chiellini and del piero are great players and on form but they not called up and both these players schooled ibra and materazzi respectively tonight. That just puzzles me

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Has Donadoni been smoking crack? Grosso and Panucci ahead of Chiellini?
Quag and Iaquinta ahead of Del Pie? The only good aspect of how bad Italy is gonna do at the euros, will be that Donadoni will get axe. I hope birds shit on his car today!

nice to see that the Euro's only purpose will be to get rid of DONEadoni......:frown:

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
I can imagine how frustrated Azzuri fans are. And indeed, Donadoni is a clueless idiot.
But for the rest of us, Chiellini and Alex not being called for the NT, not risking an injury and staying at home resting, is a music to our ears.
I want wats best for our players & what makes them happy and i'm sure both Chiellini & Alex would love the chance to go to Euro2008.. If not for anything than they deserve the right recognition for their performances.. I've been on a few Azzurri forums and Milan, Inter & Roma fans alike are cursing Donadoni

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)