Official Azzurri (Italy) Euro 2008 Qualifier thread (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraith

Sep 1, 2006
MoM De Rossi, honorable mention to Toni for the goals. From today I honestly think Ale should start over Di Natale, whose performance reminded me a little of DP in Euro 2000.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Italy were comfortable without being very impressive. Scotland were never likely to have much of a goal threat due to the personel. Scotland had more of the ball than I thought they would.

Overall Italy deserved to win but Scotland played OK. World Champs should win against teams like us.

I didn't think Scotland would qualify before the game and they certainly won't now. Just hope Italy can beat Ukraine to qualify with France.

AzzurriGirl

Jul 23, 2006
Thanks, guys for the updates. Can't wait to get home and watch the game now that I know there is a happy ending. This team always comes through when it's most needed. They play better under pressure and I think their early problems were more due to having World Cup hangover than any lack of talent or because France/Lithuania were better teams. This, essentially, is the team that won the World Cup... they are proud champions and they showed it today!

Forza Azzurri:toast:

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
Honestly ... I miss Zambro .. I felt he and DelPiero still have understanding on the field ... but it's too late hehe ...

A good game ... Camo was dynamic I liked his game ... De Rossi was fantastic ... Oddo did his job ...

Over all, Donadoni isn't that bad after all, is he ? or is it just this game ?

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
Thanks, guys for the updates. Can't wait to get home and watch the game now that I know there is a happy ending. This team always comes through when it's most needed. They play better under pressure and I think their early problems were more due to having World Cup hangover than any lack of talent or because France/Lithuania were better teams. This, essentially, is the team that won the World Cup... they are proud champions and they showed it today!

Forza Azzurri:toast:
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Luigi Daniele :)

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Del Piero should start over Di Natale. He can hold up the ball, and beat his man. He proved this when he came on, pulling off some nice moves on his first few touches.

Buffon was never really tested.

Camo played well, and if he would have put a little more weight on a low cross in the first half, Toni would have had a hattrick.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Honestly ... I miss Zambro .. I felt he and DelPiero still have understanding on the field ... but it's too late hehe ...

A good game ... Camo was dynamic I liked his game ... De Rossi was fantastic ... Oddo did his job ...

Over all, Donadoni isn't that bad after all, is he ? or is it just this game ?
Judge Donadoni against decent teams, not ones like Scotland.

Scotland chose a defence that couldn't run, a midfield that can't tackle and a striker that can't score so I'm not surprised we didn't win.

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
Judge Donadoni against decent teams, not ones like Scotland.

Scotland chose a defence that couldn't run, a midfield that can't tackle and a striker that can't score so I'm not surprised we didn't win.
a fair point ... that's why i asked if it's just this match :) ?

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
MOM's Gennaro Gattuso and Luca Toni
Del piero did well after coming on.
Donadoni said the reply he got from Del Piero's performance is the one he wanted :tup:

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
MOM's Gennaro Gattuso and Luca Toni
Del piero did well after coming on.
Donadoni said the reply he got from Del Piero's performance is the one he wanted :tup:
ya ... it was obvious that Donadoni wanted from DelPiero to keep the ball and make the scottish defense on their nerves at the same time ... and that was nicely done by the latter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)