Official Azzurri (Italy) Euro 2008 Qualifier thread (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
im not sure who it was but i think kenny miller kept faking injuries early in the game he would run up to italians and like fall down and cry:tdown:
He plays for Celtic so is used to getting FKs for faking injury. The guy is a whinging faced littled prick.

sacrer

Nov 6, 2006
Italy are 2 points behind with scotland havind 1 game difference,
Next game:
Italy-Faroe Island and France-Ukrain
If Italy wins (and i am sure they will) and either france or ukrain wins ITALY WILL BE SECOND!!!
15-ITALY 13-12-12
FORZA AZZURI

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Italy Coach Roberto Donadoni was impressed with his squad’s attitude against Scotland in Wednesday’s Euro 2008 qualifier.
The Azzurri needed a win after sliding to fourth place in Group B following the weekend ties and Luca Toni’s brace allowed the world champions to move within two points of the top of the table.
“We played a good match, now we have some time ahead of us before the next ties in June,” said Donadoni.
“One thing is sure, the lads played with great personality. This is yet another merit these players have, the possibility to grow and improve further,” added the former Livorno tactician.
“This team is still hungry for victories and I think we are proving this. Our start was not an easy one, mainly because we did not have the time to prepare as needed.
“The World Cup win does not mean that we are satisfied, we know we cannot afford that. The turning point will come when we qualify for Euro 2008.”
Donadoni did not appreciate the media’s attitude in the days preceding the match, when the Nazionale were heavily criticised and it was claimed the Coach might be sacked if the team failed to win.
“It is a mistake to forget the good things that were done in the past, it is unfair towards us. I hope that now we will be respected.
“Gennaro Gattuso said that I was massacred? Let’s not exaggerate, although I have to admit that it wasn’t pleasant.
“Now I am sure that no one will speak about the Nazionale until June, when all this will start all over again,” concluded Donadoni, whose side will face the Faroe Islands and Lithuania in the summer.

Football Italia

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Before the insults on managers and national teams, let me start by reminding people that in Barcelona , the half time score was Andorra 0 England 0

Now to this game, Italy played well and the midfield was very good apart from Camoranesi who to me just does his own thing sometimes. Perrotta was brilliant with his constand hustling and running into spaces. I do not agree with Pirlo being out of the team as it seems Donadoni is more interested in brawn over brains and is more into the physical aspect of the game rather than the beauty of Italian footballers.
DDR is a brilliant player but can be too casual at times, I just feel he can so much more to any team but seems to be holding back his talent for some strange reason.
Oddo is absolute crap at defending and against better sides, if he plays Italy will be crucified on his wing. Zambrotta though was fantastic but I was not sure if he was being cheered for being a former Bari player or being booed for being an ex bari and ex juve player.
Di Natale really should come on as a substitute as he has pace and thats where he can be exploit opponents who are perhaps tired or looking for goals , so I am not sure why he was started

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Before the insults on managers and national teams, let me start by reminding people that in Barcelona , the half time score was Andorra 0 England 0

Now to this game, Italy played well and the midfield was very good apart from Camoranesi who to me just does his own thing sometimes. Perrotta was brilliant with his constand hustling and running into spaces. I do not agree with Pirlo being out of the team as it seems Donadoni is more interested in brawn over brains and is more into the physical aspect of the game rather than the beauty of Italian footballers.
DDR is a brilliant player but can be too casual at times, I just feel he can so much more to any team but seems to be holding back his talent for some strange reason.
Oddo is absolute crap at defending and against better sides, if he plays Italy will be crucified on his wing. Zambrotta though was fantastic but I was not sure if he was being cheered for being a former Bari player or being booed for being an ex bari and ex juve player.
Di Natale really should come on as a substitute as he has pace and thats where he can be exploit opponents who are perhaps tired or looking for goals , so I am not sure why he was started
I agree on everything except for the Oddo one....He's pretty good defender, reminds me of Zambrotta(sure not his quality and level) but the way he attacks and runs back will surely open the game and players in Midfielders would have much more freedom.

He did well yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)