Official Azzurri (Italy) Euro 2008 Qualifier thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2003
I think we missed too many chances, otherwise it would be of been a great performance rather than just good. I expected more from Scotland to be honest, I'm sure we'll see the best of them at Hampden.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think we missed too many chances, otherwise it would be of been a great performance rather than just good. I expected more from Scotland to be honest, I'm sure we'll see the best of them at Hampden.
We are waaaaay too negative away from home. As soon as Italy scored we were fucked.

Shit marking from McManus and Weir for the goals.

We had a lot of possession in the Italy half but failed to put Italy uder any pressure do to not being willing to commit enough players forward. We have one real goalscorer in the squad and he didn't get on til we were 2-0 down and the game was over.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
My report....

Italy were brave tonight...attacking from the first min, though I'll keep sticking to my point, and which is that Donadoni doesn't suit to be in that bench....Italy NT is way too much for him.

First goal pushed Italy to attack more, nice header from Luca and Oddo is such a good crosses and passer, not only because of that cross to Luca but in general he's almost a complete player. I appluad Galliani for this transfer.

Italy's midfielders were all great except for Camo, who improved and was vital in the 2nd half. De Rossi - Perrotta thing is hottness....I'd pick them both as best players in tonights game...Rino showed his legs like usually, didn't really stop running.

Toni was earning foul (in a very smart way) reminds me of Dp...and keeping the danger, while Di Natale didn't even show up in the 1st half, I thought for a while Italy were playing with a man down.

Del Piero like I said in his official thread, was class like usually, in less than 15min he did lot of things, nice touches not to also mention he was part in Luca's 2nd goal. Bravo Capitano, and screw you Donadoni.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Italy has played its best match since the semi final against Germany in the World Cup.

There are some points that I want to point at:

1) Cannavaro was the true leader who played two decent seasons with Juve and was the lion heart who helmed Italy to be crowned the World Champion. Unlike the ghost who plays at Santiago Bernabeau under Capello's coaching. Actually, I don't know the reason, it maybe the Azzurri's spirit though.

2) Zambrotta and Oddo did the job perfectly, both in defending and attacking. The former owned Scotland's right flank and the latter's crosses were lethal.

3) Perotta's endeavour during the whole 90 mins can't be denied, he ran more than any player did, he is the unknown soldier.

4) My hat is off for Camoranesi and I did express my viewpoint about his brilliance today in his own thread.

5) The today's cohesion between Gattuso and De Rossi has impressed me actually. Gattuso was as usual; the cannibal dog fighter and De Rossi was very sane and his passes were very effective.

6) Di Natale added nothing to the team, except his quickness. On the contrary, he missed two easy chances to score at the beginning of the second half.

7) Toni, he can say loudly "Mission accomplised", he scored two goals from two chances. Thanks man.

8) IL Capitano, he deserved to start the match instead of Di Natale. Del Piero seems to be more slower than Di Natale but his ball control, his vision on pitch and his classy finishing are pretty obvious even to the blind. I'm not saying so because I love Del Piero, but this is the truth, even though, that backheel pass to Zambrotta was the best play in the match. :p

9) In fact, I'm not going to speak about Donadoni, I'm waiting for more matches to judge him.

10) Forza Italia....Forza Campioni Del Mondo.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I forgot to salut the Scots players, they really showed some hunger and they're not an easy team to win. Hopefully they'll put france in a delicate situation.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
i wasn't very impressed with scotland to be honest, i didnt think they created too much and were second best to italy all over the pitch, the one man who looked as though he could do something was kenny miller however he didnt do much either, with that said the scots are incredibly tough when they playa at home, and still have a good chance of going through, its vital they win their home games

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
i wasn't very impressed with scotland to be honest, i didnt think they created too much and were second best to italy all over the pitch, the one man who looked as though he could do something was kenny miller however he didnt do much either, with that said the scots are incredibly tough when they playa at home, and still have a good chance of going through, its vital they win their home games
To resist against world champions, and create some danger, not alot, but even some....is something. not to also mention that world champions were the under-dogs, soo scotland new a draw or win would be more like mission impossible in italy.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
To resist against world champions, and create some danger, not alot, but even some....is something. not to also mention that world champions were the under-dogs, soo scotland new a draw or win would be more like mission impossible in italy.
If Italy played anything like they were capable of they were alawys going to win, not one Scotland player could get close to the azzurri starting XI. As it happens Italy played decently and so won comfortably.

If you look at the teams the players play for you see the difference in class

Italy-Juve, Milan, Madrid, Inter, Barca, Milan, Roma, Roma, Juve, Udinese, Fiorentina

Scotland-Hearts, Preston, Rangers, Celtic, Everton, Rangers, Celtic, Hibs, Wigan, Wigan, Celtic

No contest.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

Ch4.

Gattuso spent the formative years of his career at Glasgow Rangers and has always given great respect to the Scots.

“I had no doubts that the Scottish fans would be happy no matter what. Just think how much they’ve been drinking all day!” he joked. “My legs are bad enough on their own, imagine with a kilt! I’d look like King Kong.”

:lol:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Ch4.

Gattuso spent the formative years of his career at Glasgow Rangers and has always given great respect to the Scots.

“I had no doubts that the Scottish fans would be happy no matter what. Just think how much they’ve been drinking all day!” he joked. “My legs are bad enough on their own, imagine with a kilt! I’d look like King Kong.”

:lol:
Aye, you need to have lovely legs like mine to pull off wearing a Kilt. :D

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #257
    i really hope italy can beat france next time we play i hate those guys!!!!
    also as much as i love italy i was dissapointed with scotland i hope the azzurris qualify but i also hope scotland gets second place. Good luck scots(just dont get in italys way!!!)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Out of interest (since I am heavily biased) what did everyone think of the Scottish players?
    to be honest? all that hype of scotlands chances were overrated, they had a couple of half chances but nothing threatening. italy outclassed scotland and stamped their world championship mark on ur sorry asses. certainly the 2nd half italy played some wonderful football, though we still have work to improve upon i did enjoy the game, except for the fact the pundit and ex arsenal defender lee dixon said in the pre match talk "to be honest italy wern't that impressive at the world cup" (and i guess england were any better?) and the bias from the english commentary

Jan 7, 2007
    Italy are a mere 2 points behind Ukraine, Scotland, and France. Scotland has played one game more than us as well.

We play the Faroe Islands to kick start things in June. It's an away game, but who cares? Italy should make sure the win is secured early in that game.

Today was total domination by gli azzurri. A great all-round performance.

3 stars:
    1) Toni
    2) De Rossi
    3) Oddo

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #260
    Out of interest (since I am heavily biased) what did everyone think of the Scottish players?[/QUOTE

im not sure who it was but i think kenny miller kept faking injuries early in the game he would run up to italians and like fall down and cry:tdown:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)