Official Azzurri (Italy) Euro 2008 Qualifier thread (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
Donadoni has had a fuken hard job to get this team through. His not the greatest coach of course but he has done wonderfully to get this side back working well. Even with the losses of great champions Materzazzi missing key matches, Totti ,Nesta and Del Piero a fading influence. So people get your head out of your arse and say well done. Cause he was on his arse, but turned it around not many coaches get there players to continue to believe. Great players passion or not it takes a coach to get those passions and hunger back and point it to the right direction. Well done Donadoni !I wish you all the best in the Euro's and if you can get this team playing and winning like it did when it needed it most you may just have a dream Summer.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Di Michele’s Azzurri ambition

After his miraculous recovery from a serious knee injury, Torino’s David Di Michele has set his sights on a place in Italy's Euro 2008 squad.

The former Palermo marksman returned from a three-month ban for gambling on November 1, but he damaged his right knee in his second game back against Catania.

Initial reports suggested the Roman star would be sidelined for months, but he has defied all expectations and could be available for the Granata’s game against Genoa next weekend.

“Of course I want to return as I am so desperate to play,” Di Michele told Sky Sport Italia.

The 31-year-old has six caps for Italy with the last one coming in 2005 and he believes that he can regain his place in the Azzurri set-up at a crucial time.

“Being out for three months has slowed me down a bit, but all that is in the past now and I am trying to get myself into the picture for Euro 2008,” he continued.

“Roberto Donadoni has said that there are places available and I am aiming for one of them.”

As for Toro, Di Michele believes that Walter Novellino’s side can come good when their key men are available.

“Our first aim is to end this injury crisis so that we can show how good a group we are,” he explained. “Nonetheless, our main target is survival.”

channel 4

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Di Michele’s Azzurri ambition

After his miraculous recovery from a serious knee injury, Torino’s David Di Michele has set his sights on a place in Italy's Euro 2008 squad.

The former Palermo marksman returned from a three-month ban for gambling on November 1, but he damaged his right knee in his second game back against Catania.

Initial reports suggested the Roman star would be sidelined for months, but he has defied all expectations and could be available for the Granata’s game against Genoa next weekend.

“Of course I want to return as I am so desperate to play,” Di Michele told Sky Sport Italia.

The 31-year-old has six caps for Italy with the last one coming in 2005 and he believes that he can regain his place in the Azzurri set-up at a crucial time.

“Being out for three months has slowed me down a bit, but all that is in the past now and I am trying to get myself into the picture for Euro 2008,” he continued.

“Roberto Donadoni has said that there are places available and I am aiming for one of them.”

As for Toro, Di Michele believes that Walter Novellino’s side can come good when their key men are available.

“Our first aim is to end this injury crisis so that we can show how good a group we are,” he explained. “Nonetheless, our main target is survival.”

channel 4
Di Michele's got absolutely no chance. I can think of 10 better options

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Chiellini Delighted With 'Beautiful’ Goal

Azzurri star Giorgio Chiellini has spoken of his delight at scoring what he describes as a 'beautiful’ goal against the Faroe Islands on Wednesday.

The Juventus stopper started the game alongside captain Fabio Cannavaro at the heart of the Italy defence.

Five minutes before the break Chiellini burst forward, going past two challenges, before unleashing a rocket of a left-shoot that arrowed into the top corner of the net like a ballistic missile.

“I watched it yesterday morning on TV and it was beautiful to see,” said the 23-year-old.

“And it will be beautiful every time that I rewind and watch it because it was my first goal for the national team.

“Now I hope that this goal can convince Donadoni to take me to the European Championships, even if there is still a long time till then and a lot can happen. However I am sincere and know that if I continue to play then the Azzurri will become a real objective.”

Chiellini has been a revelation this season since switching from his natural left back position, and has formed a superb centre-back partnership with Nicola Legrottaglie.

goal.com

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Donadoni has had a fuken hard job to get this team through. His not the greatest coach of course but he has done wonderfully to get this side back working well. Even with the losses of great champions Materzazzi missing key matches, Totti ,Nesta and Del Piero a fading influence. So people get your head out of your arse and say well done. Cause he was on his arse, but turned it around not many coaches get there players to continue to believe. Great players passion or not it takes a coach to get those passions and hunger back and point it to the right direction. Well done Donadoni !I wish you all the best in the Euro's and if you can get this team playing and winning like it did when it needed it most you may just have a dream Summer.

I agree, he isn't the greatest coach in the world but he isn't the worst either. For a while we didn't look like we were going to qualify but we got the results we needed down the stretch. New players have been stepping up (Barzagli, chiellni, di natale, ambrosini, quag's) and you have to give him some credit. Just remember that toni, cammo, canna, oddo, matrix, and zambo have all been injuried at one time or another. It's not easy having your stars out to injury. Not to mention all the added pressure put on by the italian media, we expect the best at all times. This job isn't easy and I think he's done great.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
remember when donadoni put chiellini as a winger to di natale's position at the scotland game ? are you kidding me ?
did it work? Was it Chellini who got the dubious free kick in favour of us. Did that result in the winner? its not like putting Cannavaro on the wing Chellini is a fine winger out wide who knows how to defend it worked kuto's to donadoni.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
remember when donadoni put chiellini as a winger to di natale's position at the scotland game ? are you kidding me ?
That was a good move because our RB was causing Italy trouble. Chiellini gave Zambrotta some help and Hutton was no longer so influential.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
That was a good move because our RB was causing Italy trouble. Chiellini gave Zambrotta some help and Hutton was no longer so influential.

Ya, Hutton was playing great until cheillni came on. He pretty much took him out of the game. I thought it was a ridiculous move but it worked perfectly.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
did it work? Was it Chellini who got the dubious free kick in favour of us. Did that result in the winner? its not like putting Cannavaro on the wing Chellini is a fine winger out wide who knows how to defend it worked kuto's to donadoni.
If that ref wasn't an ass, then it would have never happened. The real matter is Donadoni made a stupid move, but in some way, Chiellini made that foul happened.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
The foul was irrelevant as to how good a chance it was.

The point of the change was to stop Hutton. It worked, so it was a good change.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
i would b more upset if he said Chellini go out there and defend and he played as a extra defender. This personal vendetta againest Donadoni with alot of people on here is silly.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Del Piero: I earned Euro 2008

Alessandro Del Piero warns he is not resigned to ending his Azzurri career. “If we’re at Euro 2008, some of the credit is mine.”

The Juventus captain has been left out of the Italy squad ever since publicly telling Roberto Donadoni that he would not play out of position anymore.

He had been used repeatedly in a wide left midfield role and complained that, especially in the 0-0 with France, this left him too detached from centre-forward Pippo Inzaghi.

“I don’t feel as if I am cut out of the race to be in the side. Do I dream of Euro 2008? Yes, for that matter also about the 2010 World Cup,” he told 'La Repubblica’ newspaper.

“I don’t want to play for the Nazionale as a midfielder, but I can quite happily do what Antonio Di Natale did against Scotland.”

Donadoni prefers the 4-3-3 formation, but can sometimes switch to a 4-4-2 or even a disguised 4-5-1 when needs be and it is here that Del Piero believes he can contribute.

“I wasn’t called up for the last two games, but you cannot destroy all the work done up until now with two missed appearances,” he assured.

“I have my own ideas on why I’ve been left out, but I do not feel myself the victim of any injustice. I have told Donadoni – if Italy are at Euro 2008 then some of the credit is also mine.”

The Juventus star made five appearances in the qualifying campaign for Austria and Switzerland, although he did not score a single goal and has not played for the Nazionale since the 0-0 with France on September 8, when he made his stand about playing in midfield.

“I am playing a little less than last season at club level, though I have much the same scoring record, and did not notice any moments of decline or total darkness.”

Throughout his career Alex has had to deal with constant criticism from the media, but the man who turned 33 a fortnight ago is accustomed to it.

“That kind of backchat builds my self-esteem,” he smiled. “I don’t feel like a Highlander, though. I know I’m not eternal.”

Del Piero also commented on the Scudetto race, where Juventus have been complaining that since Calciopoli they are 'punished’ by too many refereeing errors.

“It is entirely possible the psychological weakness towards big clubs like Juve and Milan has been turned on its head.

“If these two sides are complaining, does this make it a fairer campaign? I’d say it’ll only be fair when nobody has any reason to complain. If I make a mistake, I can’t rectify it by making another error to compensate.

“Every team that has won the Scudetto benefited from incidents going their way, including Inter, Lazio and Roma. That is the truth.”

channel 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)