NT vs. NT (1 Viewer)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Honduras is pretty bad. Though the fields in Africa are probably worse.

You've never played away to Costa Rica or at least you didn't watch the match. :D
We have & i did match it. It was a very dull 0-0 affair. So i really wish i didn't watch that match.:D

To some extent,you're right here.But what Cheese and Bayron didn't include in their arguments is that in many of those african countries like Niger and all you won't find even 5 star hotels,i'm damn serious here,imagine pro footballers spending their nights on old wooden beds and rooms full of bugs,rats and lizards.Adding to that you'll be lucky if u find training grounds to trian before matches.African countries are really lacking facilities and it's not only about football pitches.

And then come on,the main difference between the two is the quality of players.In even the poorest african countries you can find wc players just like Weah for example,now tell me who won the ballon d'oro in North America even Mexico with their great history in football couldn't develop a player like Weah,forget about Costa Rica and Jamaica.

I'm not making fun of you but really Eto'o has achieved more than all the American players ever played the game.

Speaking about my Sudanese NT,yes i know nobody knows about them,they suck,and if they ever reached WC they will get fucked nicely by every team they play.But the fact is in every WCQ we start very well till finally get thrown in a draw playing teams like Cameroon,Ghana or Ivory coast.Now honestly tell me,if we were inplace of Bahamas or Grenada,which path is easier to reach WC, playing against US,Mexico and Hundouras with their Donavan,Velo and Suazo or playing against the likes of Eto'o,Drogba and Essien? You decide yourself.

BTW,i'm not sayin we deserved to reach WC or something,we are one of those countries like Niger,Tanzania..etc who bigger teams suffer when playing them away.I'm just saying though we are weak we could reached WC atleast once in the last decade if we were playing in CONCACAF.
I kinda did but mentioned it to cheese.:D But even if there are decent hotels, they make a point of fully booking the hotels with government officials, policemen, military personnel etc. So most teams have to pitch up a few hours before the match or risk staying a damn dodgy spot.

Indeed, if your national team is lucky enough, they'll book them into a hotel full of prostitutes with full blown aids.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
To some extent,you're right here.But what Cheese and Bayron didn't include in their arguments is that in many of those african countries like Niger and all you won't find even 5 star hotels,i'm damn serious here,imagine pro footballers spending their nights on old wooden beds and rooms full of bugs,rats and lizards.Adding to that you'll be lucky if u find training grounds to trian before matches.African countries are really lacking facilities and it's not only about football pitches.

And then come on,the main difference between the two is the quality of players.In even the poorest african countries you can find wc players just like Weah for example,now tell me who won the ballon d'oro in North America even Mexico with their great history in football couldn't develop a player like Weah,forget about Costa Rica and Jamaica.

I'm not making fun of you but really Eto'o has achieved more than all the American players ever played the game.

Speaking about my Sudanese NT,yes i know nobody knows about them,they suck,and if they ever reached WC they will get fucked nicely by every team they play.But the fact is in every WCQ we start very well till finally get thrown in a draw playing teams like Cameroon,Ghana or Ivory coast.Now honestly tell me,if we were inplace of Bahamas or Grenada,which path is easier to reach WC, playing against US,Mexico and Hundouras with their Donavan,Velo and Suazo or playing against the likes of Eto'o,Drogba and Essien? You decide yourself.

BTW,i'm not sayin we deserved to reach WC or something,we are one of those countries like Niger,Tanzania..etc who bigger teams suffer when playing them away.I'm just saying though we are weak we could reached WC atleast once in the last decade if we were playing in CONCACAF.
We weren't originally arguing over the strength of the regions or the lack of facilities. Africa is a stronger region without a doubt.

I think you've missed most of the dialogue... so I'll catch you up.:D

Byrone had said that the US would shit themselves playing in front of hostile African crowds, with flying projectiles, dictators, armed guards, etcetera. My point was that it would be no different from the current treatment the US receives away from home in CONCACAF (and occasionally on our home soil).

That point was ceded and the discussion moved to which region had the worst facilities, fields, most cows on the pitch and so on. I think Africa wins that one. If the Sudan were to take the place of the Bahamas or someone else, it may raise the overall quality of the region slightly, but I doubt if Sudan would make it to the World Cup.

But to be serious, Central America is probably one of the most difficult places to play as far as hostile crowds and referee decisions go.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
We weren't originally arguing over the strength of the regions or the lack of facilities. Africa is a stronger region without a doubt.

I think you've missed most of the dialogue... so I'll catch you up.:D

Byrone had said that the US would shit themselves playing in front of hostile African crowds, with flying projectiles, dictators, armed guards, etcetera. My point was that it would be no different from the current treatment the US receives away from home in CONCACAF (and occasionally on our home soil).

That point was ceded and the discussion moved to which region had the worst facilities, fields, most cows on the pitch and so on. I think Africa wins that one. If the Sudan were to take the place of the Bahamas or someone else, it may raise the overall quality of the region slightly, but I doubt if Sudan would make it to the World Cup.

But to be serious, Central America is probably one of the most difficult places to play as far as hostile crowds and referee decisions go.
What do you mean by that? How can you be treated badly in your home soil? please clearify

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Same thing really. How many times have game been stopped because some wild animal invaded the pitch? How much stoppage time do these away teams get because the damn pitch has to be saved every 10min?
Nice! In the Western Hemisphere, that's called someone gets subbed for Tevez.

Our darkies do that as well. Our version of magic is called muti, something i'm pretty sure Greg is fimiliar with now.:D
True dat.

CONCACAF isn't exactly boiling over with five-star hotels, but it's not Africa.

Typical CONCACAF is a two- or three-star hotel with locals banging drums, setting off fireworks, and blasting music in the hotel parking lot to ensure the visiting team gets no sleep the night before the match.

no one backs it like dji-booty
Sheik Djibouti as it is... :agree:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Meh, you have the benefit of your English ties.
Yeah, central midfielders who play like headless chickens, all huff and puff and no skill. Some benefit. Or do you mean our emigrants? Every country has emigrants. France won the World Cup with a team of Africans.

Just got back from the pub, where I watched Richard Dunne draw with Russia. The man's a monster.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
We get booed all the time on our home soil. The Gold Cup Final played in L.A. was in front of 70,000 Mexicans.
:agree:

Fans of the US NT are usually outnumbered 2-to-1 or worse in USA stadiums because of the immigrant population of fans from places like Guatemala, El Salvador, etc. And you can forget Mexico. The U.S. typically tries to play Mexico only in places like Boston and Columbus, Ohio just to keep the stadiums from being 90% Mexico fans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)