Not again Trez...... (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
What has Gilardino ever achieved? Avoiding relegation? Woop dee freakin doo. I'm not saying that Gilardino's not a talented player, but how can you bag on Trezeguet when he's won (and played no minor part in) so many career achievements, including WC98 and Euro 2000?
and it's like 5 years already.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Graham, you should have known by now Nicole is not the most objective person here. She probably would try to make us believe Marco Delvecchio is better than Trezeguet if he was still at Roma. ;)
you mean he isnt :confused:

i wonder what tune you'd all be singing if Gilardino had be brough by Juve and not Milan. gray, Gila is what 22? Plenty of time to achieve far far more Trez has.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
If Juve got Gilardino I'd still view him as a striker with impressive talent, but an empty trophy cabinet. He would be an up-and-coming forward rather than an established finisher with an impressive record for his country.

As of April of this year, he's had 30 goals in 57 games. Not bad considering he isnt even first choice.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Considering 1 1/2 years ago, he started as a sub to Adriano, now he is the no.2 striker at Milan, and arguably the no.1 striker for Italy.

And its unfair to say he has an empty trophy cabinet he was at Parma...and in what could ultimately in Parma's history be so much more important, he saved them from relegation twice, imagine the situation they'd be in without him?

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Cool, he has 1 trophy, and person I think he is 90% going to add Scudetto and CL this coming season, and hopefully World Cup...

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
Empty trophy cabinet? Uhhh... didn't Gila win the U-21 UEFA championship with Italy last year?
Since when do people associate youth championships and glory? :dontcare:

Tons of players have won youth championships but people look to them as potential stars not actual stars.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Cool, he has 1 trophy, and person I think he is 90% going to add Scudetto and Serie A this coming season, and hopefully World Cup...
Niccolaccia,

Thank you for the fun:kiss:

You are the first person smart enough to discover that scudetto and Serie A are different throphies.....:touched:

;)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Seriously. This is Milan's title to lose, it always happens now, they'll be more hungier to win, really IMO and not biased at all. Inter is the biggest challenger to them this season.

As for CL, they'll want it so badly after last year, thats why I think its between them and Barca and I think Milan edge it

EDIT: Just saw it :rofl:

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
i dont think it is milan's title to lose.juventus and inter have strong enough squads to win the scudetto,without having milan to slip up the way last year.juventus did not necessarily have a GREAT season last time around.it was a good season with a great ending.the upcoming season has all the potential to be great.
inter will be minor challengers like always for the scudetto.i dont see them winning the league until they get a great coach.
milan will be serious challengers,but they've got so many options on the bench,you feel that ancelotti might get his mix of 11 players on the pitch wrong some time in the season,because quite simply,the more players you have,the more headaches the coach has,and the more difficult it is to pick out the best 11.
and yes,as much as i hate roma,i have a feeling that they'll do very well this season.it cud very likely be a three horse race with juventus,milan and roma competing for the league.
and inter..who cares?

id give arsenal a very strong chance of winning the CL this season.you look at the trend in the last couple of yours and the hot favourites never quite seem to win the CL.ppl have already started questioning arsenal's strength after viera's departure.they could surprise us the way liverpool and porto did.

CL : arsenal.
we still have to wait and see how good juventus are when the Cl kicks off.
i really want them to win it.
id be happy if juventus win the CL this season and not the scudetto.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Arsenal?! But if you look at recent years you can see that Arsenal is only good in England, their tactics and players just aren't suited for European football. Bayern Munchen beat them easily this year, and they aren't exactly the best side in Europe.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Bayern beat them easily? are you kidding? its was a complete dismantling, Arsenal werent the same after Bayern gave them a football lesson, even better then we did 4 times that season.

slack

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Layce Erayce ] ++
If Juve got Gilardino I'd still view him as a striker with impressive talent, but an empty trophy cabinet. He would be an up-and-coming forward rather than an established finisher with an impressive record for his country.

As of April of this year, he's had 30 goals in 57 games. Not bad considering he isnt even first choice.
What was Di Vaio's Parma record again?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)