Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (16 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
How soon before Saudi League turns from a useless league to actually having quality? Might happen quicker than i expected myself.

With the amount of money they’re throwing around, who knows.

Neymar isn’t in his prime anymore but that’s still a massive statement. He’s only 31, despite the injury issues. Add Allison to that, who is up there among the best GKs in the world and even Verrati, still one of best CMs in Europe.

Then there is the likely Saudi world cup bid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Players is only part of the equation. It’s the institutions as a whole that has to catch up to European clubs that have been doing this for ages let alone the brand names.

That’s infrastructure, recruitment, scouting, management everything else that takes time to build and at some point become self-managing and self sufficient without direction or funding from the palace. These premium prices they’re paying are an expression of the gap. You’ll know it’s a real contender when they don’t have to pay this much for players to say yes to them.

This is the football equivalent of a sham parliament in a dictatorship. The parliamentarians exist and the buildings exist but the processes and workflows, norms and relations of power don’t exist. It’s a facade propped up by the will and coffers of one person

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
dude saudi league is so much more appealing to watch than serie a.

neymar benzema ronaldo sms kante laporte neves sane mahrez koulibaly maxim fabinho

every single one of these would be undisputed starter in every single serie a team

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
dude saudi league is so much more appealing to watch than serie a.

neymar benzema ronaldo sms kante laporte neves sane mahrez koulibaly maxim fabinho

every single one of these would be undisputed starter in every single serie a team
Don't forget Mohamed Al Dosari, Ahmed Al Hamadi, Ali Al Hawsawi.

These aren't real players but no one has a clue who any Saudis are anyway lol.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Nobody cares for lower divisions. Nobody cares about youth sysem too. There's not much time and nobody is gonna spend their valuable 2 hours watching Serie C. Hell, people barely watch Serie A due ti low quality. People are interested to watch quality foodball. If Arabs create a league filled with good players of course people are gonna watch it and pay for it. Some here might say no but lets face it.
Millions of people go watch lower league games every weekend.

But that's not even the point. Competition is what breeds good players. And there's plenty of that in Europe and South America. Not just for one position either. No, it's tough to become the back up right back of the second team of a decent club in Europe or South America. Al Hilal's starting right back against Al Nassr was Saud Abdulhamid. Al Nassr's right back was Sultan Al-Ghannam. I don't even want to think about their possible replacements. You think it's easy for Ronaldo to keep his level facing those guys?

And so what if they'd buy Mbappé? There would just be a new Mbappé in a couple of years. Most players only last 10-15 years and it's a constant coming and going of professional athletes. If you want a high level league, you need a lot of volume and Saudi Arabia are just not getting that.

But you go watch your precious Saudi football. I guess all you really have to do is pick one of the Al's.

Apr 12, 2004
Saudis still plan to target Kane (Sport Bible)

The Saudis are reportedly going to continue to pursue star players — including Bayern Munich striker Harry Kane and Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappe:
The Saudi Pro League have no plans to stop their recruitment of world-class players, with sporting director Michael Emenalo name-dropping two huge targets.​

The new season kicked off at the weekend and a plethora of marquee signings like Karim Benzema, N’Golo Kanté, Ruben Neves, Riyad Mahrez, Allan Saint-Maximin, Roberto Firmino, Fabinho, Sadio Mane, Jordan Henderson, Ruben Neves and Kalidou Koulibaly will all join Cristiano Ronaldo in the division this term. But with wage and transfers budgets seemingly no problem - particularly for clubs backed by the PIF - the SPL have ambitions to continue to attract the very best players to the league.​

Emenalo, who previously worked for Chelsea and Monaco, is tasked with bringing in the cream of the crop in the inaugural role.
And he has identified Kylian Mbappe and Harry Kane as two key recruits as he bids to create “a league for exceptional players only.”
Mbappe was the subject of a world-record £259 million bid from Al Hilal, who were prepared to pay him an eye-watering £1.65 million per day.
However, the Frenchman turned down the offer and looks set to stay put at PSG in a surprising twist. Kane, meanwhile, has finally left Spurs and signed a four-year deal with Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich.​

“I would love to have Kylian Mbappe here,” he told the National News. “I would love to have Harry Kane here. The league would like to have all the top players. And I think it will be at the heart of this whole particular strategy: it is that, in a couple of years, in a few short years, this will become a league for exceptional players only.​

“It will become a league only for those who at the top of their game because we have only 18 clubs and the space for just eight international players [at each club]. And, yes, we have resources and we’re going to use those resources to make sure, once we build up infrastructure, that the only players here are the ones at the top of their game.”​

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Saudis still plan to target Kane (Sport Bible)

The Saudis are reportedly going to continue to pursue star players — including Bayern Munich striker Harry Kane and Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappe:
The Saudi Pro League have no plans to stop their recruitment of world-class players, with sporting director Michael Emenalo name-dropping two huge targets.​

The new season kicked off at the weekend and a plethora of marquee signings like Karim Benzema, N’Golo Kanté, Ruben Neves, Riyad Mahrez, Allan Saint-Maximin, Roberto Firmino, Fabinho, Sadio Mane, Jordan Henderson, Ruben Neves and Kalidou Koulibaly will all join Cristiano Ronaldo in the division this term. But with wage and transfers budgets seemingly no problem - particularly for clubs backed by the PIF - the SPL have ambitions to continue to attract the very best players to the league.​

Emenalo, who previously worked for Chelsea and Monaco, is tasked with bringing in the cream of the crop in the inaugural role.​
And he has identified Kylian Mbappe and Harry Kane as two key recruits as he bids to create “a league for exceptional players only.”​
Mbappe was the subject of a world-record £259 million bid from Al Hilal, who were prepared to pay him an eye-watering £1.65 million per day.​
However, the Frenchman turned down the offer and looks set to stay put at PSG in a surprising twist. Kane, meanwhile, has finally left Spurs and signed a four-year deal with Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich.​

“I would love to have Kylian Mbappe here,” he told the National News. “I would love to have Harry Kane here. The league would like to have all the top players. And I think it will be at the heart of this whole particular strategy: it is that, in a couple of years, in a few short years, this will become a league for exceptional players only.​

“It will become a league only for those who at the top of their game because we have only 18 clubs and the space for just eight international players [at each club]. And, yes, we have resources and we’re going to use those resources to make sure, once we build up infrastructure, that the only players here are the ones at the top of their game.”​
This wouldn't work if it was one or two players but I can see more top players accepting 5 times their current salaries if they see others doing that. Also they will probably try to lure some European clubs for some new made competition to attract more of them. Wouldn't surprise me if Juve is invited in this kind of event since we are not playing in Europe.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Millions of people go watch lower league games every weekend.

But that's not even the point. Competition is what breeds good players. And there's plenty of that in Europe and South America. Not just for one position either. No, it's tough to become the back up right back of the second team of a decent club in Europe or South America. Al Hilal's starting right back against Al Nassr was Saud Abdulhamid. Al Nassr's right back was Sultan Al-Ghannam. I don't even want to think about their possible replacements. You think it's easy for Ronaldo to keep his level facing those guys?

And so what if they'd buy Mbappé? There would just be a new Mbappé in a couple of years. Most players only last 10-15 years and it's a constant coming and going of professional athletes. If you want a high level league, you need a lot of volume and Saudi Arabia are just not getting that.

But you go watch your precious Saudi football. I guess all you really have to do is pick one of the Al's.
My precious Saudi foodball? Bro... let's not exaggerate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)